View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sapling's Fortnight 2011 
Administrator

Post Re: Sapling's Fortnight 2011 • Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:54 pm
Well, since things are getting a little quiet, I think I'll bring up a topic to discuss for the next while :p.

What has/have been your favourite memory/memories here at the site?

I have a few, some obvious, some not. The first would obviously being winning the very first Hyrule Trivia, a very close call and the original reason why I signed up in the first place. Next is the obligatory rise in status to a staffer and moderator, but on a more personal level I feel there's at least one or two hiding somewhere :P.

I'll make a few remarks:

1. One of my favourite experiences on here used to be the old stream of You Are Banned posts with Tetromino and B01, loads of conversations were had through that medium.

2. I've had quite an opportunity getting to meet many new people around the world, and I would call many of you my best friends. Favourite moments are everywhere, many of course being limited to the shoutbox and its convenience of connection and witty one-liners. All time highs included us bored moderators changing our names and running with the situation for the night, my short stint being Zeus's Left Eyebrow, hearing DC's voice for the first time (aka all the streams, calm down Tetromino D: ), etc.

3. Favourite topics include: Funny Image Thread, Christmas Swag (any year), Hyrule Trivia I - V, Best ofs, Forever Forgotten (cough), all the exciting Phallas and inside jokes made among the years.

It's hard to put everything in words, but one thing is for certain: EDN has been pretty integral with my life the last 4 years, and I'm glad it has been. I associate plenty of memories with the site itself, including the members, all for the better really. I hope many of you can relate the same feelings, as I imagine without these boards I'd be more than a little emotionally spent :p.

Discuss your favourite memories, make any sappy sentimental statements you want, the old times are always the best times right?

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: Sapling's Fortnight 2011 • Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:10 pm
I've come, I've gone.....But I always came back in the end ;)

I've grown attached to this place. The community is like a second home for me.

All these memories.....all these special times we've shared....it makes me.....it makes me want to break into song!

.....Naw.....Perhaps next year I'll make a song for Saplings Day....or at least a poem......hell I'll do that now:

" Deep within a forest,
A wood unlike any other.
I found a little grove,
Where we all met each other.
We found many friendships,
And perhaps rivalries as well.
I wonder how long I'll stay here,
Well only time can tell.

New, Old, members abound,
There's always a familiar face around.
It's like a place where people go,
To chat with people they all know.
Greet newcomers here and there,
If they stay or go, it's hard to care.
But people gone are in the past,
The ones who stay, their memories will last.

Lose your faith, or start to cry,
Then wipe that tear from within thine eye.
A deku nut to thine face,
The members shall throw within their grace.
This place will turn that frown to a smile,
We want you here for a long long while.

In our hearts, we are a fan...
Harnessing the power of ten thousand nuclear clams..."

:D No stealing :twisted:

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2