View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Which song defines your life? 
Zora Guard

Post Which song defines your life? • Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:16 pm
Title is self-explanatory. Is there a song that defines your life? If yes, then post the song here and tell us why.

Mine is Blvd of Broken Dreams by Green Day. The song is about feeling alone and no one understands how you feel. Same thing with me. I'm just an average junior high student, but I have a lot of stress, people expect too much of me (my parents want me to be the smartest in my school. But that's never going to happen. I think they might even want me to be the next Albert Einstien :P. Honestly, I don't know). I'm not one of the athletic jocks, but I have good results when compared to the average of the entire school. And for some reason, people just won't show me respect. My friends do, but for most of the others, I get little to no respect. Would it kill them just to show me some respect? OK, I'm done talking. Here's the song.

Note: This song has some strong language.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:17 pm
Well, I have many songs that I personally compare myself with, if that makes sense. Many songs that I enjoy the most have a very significant event tied to it, such as the one I'm going to share that many of you already have heard (I hope, I used to continuously link this for people seeking inspiration.)

Composed by a Newgrounds member, Reasoner, I discovered this song in my first year of University. To its composer it is an 'incomplete' song, as it is mostly a melody with no accompaniment. I relate to this song on various levels. First and foremost, it represents incompleteness in my life and my goals. I still have two years + of University to complete before I'm in the workforce, I have many hobbies and projects that still need doing, and I have many restless worries and emotions concerning various things.

However, this 'incomplete' song, also represents what I want (in my own opinion), which is perfection in simplicity. I see this song as flawless, that any additions or changes would take away from its magic. The song emanates both a sad and a joyful feeling, I relate far more sad moments with it thought. There's an upbeat feeling behind its sombre tones that I feel perfectly 'match my life'. Despite all of the *Navi* I have to deal with, things that may go wrong, there's always been something behind the scenes to improve my outlook, be it another person, a distraction, or otherwise.

Hell, once I used this song itself as a way to improve my mood.

For a song I can relate to like no other, I haven't listened to it in about a year out of conscious choice. So far in my life I consider the sudden death of my grandmother to be the most difficult thing I've had to get through, and honestly I still haven't. By some awful prank this was the song I was listening to when we got the call, and with it already being so personal, I haven't brought myself to listen to it again. Silly, I know.

But, Living Transparent is what I've been pretty bad at actually. I normally keep my emotions and my more inner thoughts as opaque as possible, but how this song has played a role in my life, its title is a testament to what I would someday like to do: to live transparent, to enjoy things as much as I can and see everything I need to before I no longer have the chance.

Sorry for the sappy turn, guys. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:48 am
The song by Michael Jackson "They Don't Really Care About Us" is the one which describes my life completely...!!

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

...or am I?

Say what you like about Skyward Sword, but it does NOT look like a silly lollipop.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 am
Also:

...or am I?

Say what you like about Skyward Sword, but it does NOT look like a silly lollipop.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:47 pm
The lost Underwoods theme song because it's mysterious and tuneful like me and also where's your head at because I'm crazy...WAIT and also teenagers scare the living s**t out of me because I'm scary! :twisted:

Administrator

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:45 am
Well, I've been thinking on this thread for a while now, and I don't believe I know of any song that fully defines my life. However, I've stumbled upon a fantastic one that defines it rather well as it is currently...

...and I am okay with that.

~Samuel Clemens

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:10 pm
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones sounds about right to me. When I try something, I just can't find the satisfaction that I crave. It's sort of sad, really, and irritating. Nothing really comes out right. And blah blah with random, useless and whiney things. But, it sort of fits in to me, really.

Profile YIM WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I don't know a song that sums up my life, but I think this is as close as it's going to get.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Which song defines your life? • Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 am

Kinda sums me up quite a bit since I have no real motivation to do something with my life.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]