View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What instrument do you play? 
Zora Guard

Post What instrument do you play? • Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:29 pm
Self explanatory title. Do you play an instrument, and what do you play? For me, it's

1)Piano
2)Guitar
3)Trombone
4)Percussion (I know some, but not a lot. yes that includes drum set)

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm
Well, I can't say I'm any good, but I can play a few simple tunes and melodies on the piano. I wish I would have had classes when I was a child, for playing piano professionally or just incredibly well, would be one of my dreams come true. I just have to appreciate it as a listener, I guess </3.

I've also been interested in guitar, but the most I've done is just plucked the strings a bit...

So yeah :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:24 am
Well, I'm sure everyone knows that I play the alto saxophone! :) I loooove playing it, and I wish to get even better at it (I have thought about going into a musical career but I already have other plans at the time). I'm in the school band, and I completely enjoy it. It's extremely fun. I'm extremely excited because I know for sure that I'll be playing alto saxophone part 1 next year (I got stuck with part 2 this year, which disappointed me)! :3

I can also play a few small tunes on the piano, which I taught myself. I can actually play a few Zelda tunes with my right hand. I actually can't do anything with my left hand. I get so confused. xD

I can also play some recorder....but Misty, my dog, ended up finding it and thought it was a chew toy. >_<;

Um...I have an acoustic guitar, but I can't play it. At all. Especially now since a few years ago my friend Darianne broke one of the strings. I'm too lazy to replace it. xD

I've also tried playing a flute and a french horn. I couldn't get any sound out of Breanna's flute except for a small squeak... And I got a little bit of sound from Tyler's french horn..not much, though. xD

I also wish to learn how to play many other instruments, especially the violin. <3 Oh. I might actually be able to learn how to play the Trombone if I asked Lucas to teach me, since that's what he plays in the school band... I might have to ask him sometime. :3

But yeah. If you haven't been able to tell, I love playing music. :P

Hylian Squire

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:25 pm
I play the guitar ,drums, alto sax , and a little bit of the ocarina. Yes I am also referring to my mad ocarina skills in ocarina of time.My main two instruments though are the saxaphone and guitar. :up:

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:03 am
I use to play piano and percussion. The key word is "use to" I haven't played either since 8th grade.

That, my friends, was a long time ago. Even before I joined here...Way back in 2005.

What I really wanted to learn is the sax...and yeah, I've wanted to learn it for awhile. It's not like I didn't like music (and apparently, I had talent according to some), but the real problem was more like, ya know, just not interested in those instruments. My parents and my band teacher made me play them even though they both knew that I wasn't interested in either...>_>

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am
When I was in elementary school I played the clarinet for the school "band". I can say that was totally pointless. The only thing I've walked away with is being able to play "Hot Cross Buns".

But I have been playing the piano since I was about 7. Unfortunately I've never had lessons so I rely on sound, video, midi files, and labeled music to play.

Note: If you love Zelda music (and you'd better!) and you love to play the piano, then try some of this labeled sheet music. Just make sure you click the labeled notes to get the labeled music. You can play any of these songs as long as you know the basic keys: C, D, E, F, G, A, B and the difference between a sharp and a flat. I've been hooked on this site for years.

Post Re: What instrument do you play? • Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:11 pm
Violin. I've been playing for about 4 years now. I don't regret making the choice to play.

Except in days where I want to strangle people in my orchestra. That's the only exception. :lol:

I've also been singing. Now that, I've been doing ever since I can remeber. It's my passion. :3

As for piano, a few chords and a song here or there I can play and I know the basics. Other than that, sadly, there's not much that I know.

I'd love to learn to play the electric bass, electric guitar, and drums. I think learning those would be fun.

I think I'll stick to singing and playing violin for now though, since that's what I like best.

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]