View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Your Strange Habits 
Administrator

Post Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 am
Do you have a strange habit or activity you do when you're bored/excited/just about in any justifiable situation? Perhaps you have a weird addiction, like the smell of a brand new book (just an example D: ). This is the topic to talk about those bizarre things you do in everyday life. Keep it clean though, obviously. :P

What sparked me to make this topic was something from quite a long time ago - that I have forgotten - but I recalled this subject at work where I was doing something I always thought was strange of me to do while bored. I untie and retie my shoes, needlessly. Exciting I know, but I feel compelled to do this so that my mind has something to do rather than sit around and be numbed by my surroundings/predicament.

Discuss ;O

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:09 am
I used to count things. Like... a lot. Floor panels, lights, windows, you name it. Sort of moved away from that now to contorting my hands into weird shapes. SCIENCE.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 am
Drawing on class notes...while I'm supposed to taking notes. It once bugged my History Prof really bad too! Excellent times! :)

When I was little, I used to play "the sidewalk crack game". You know, don't step on the crack or you lose game/die (hey, I was a violent little thing). Though, I can't say either of these things are especially weird, though...

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 am
Me to Tetromino but my most active habit is that I have a green ball and carry her every where so when I get board I just take her out. Also for some reason I named her Jennifer. Wow I am weird. :%

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm
Wierdest thing? Hmm...

Well, I'll draw, like Tetromino, on my notes or anything that is available to me (you should see my scripts from all the plays I've done. Those could be posted as art.) Mostly it's just doodling. Or I'll stare off into space. It takes about five minutes for my teacher or someone to get me back to reality.

One thing I do when I'm bored is write (probably could tell from the Wonderland drabble-thing). Though, I don't think it's alk that wierd...

And ZE, you're so mean! :p I do have an addiction (I suppose) to the smell of new books! Don't forget about the old and gently used ones too! :lol:

Administrator

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:45 pm
leftironboot wrote:
I used to count things. Like... a lot. Floor panels, lights, windows, you name it. Sort of moved away from that now to contorting my hands into weird shapes. SCIENCE.

That totally reminded of one that I haven't done in ages. This was mostly done in waiting rooms or similar places where I was stuck sitting/standing for an obscene amount of time: counting tiles... and figuring out the area of the room, approximately, of course, in 'tiles^2' or a rough real number :p.

So yeah ;D

I like lighting matches o_O *pyro*.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:45 pm
My odd habit would be taking random items from my desk at work or a cloth from my room, taking them to another area, then wondering where the item went an hour later.

I do this at work all the time, I tend to take pens with me, even if I don't need them, put them by the printer or somewhere else, go back to my desk, do some work, and wonder where my pen went. I tend to "lose" things often.

Profile WWW

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm
Haha! You sound like me. Though, I tend to loose my shoes and such... 0_o

Which also reminds me, I tend to use my hands a lot. I can't stop them from moving, they constantly have to have something in them or be doing something.

So, when I have to extremely still or something or my finger nails are freshly painted, I nearly go insane. 8S

Zora Guard

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 pm
I just thought of another one.. I absolutely cannot sleep unless I'm holding something like a pillow or a plushie. I'm not sure why but I just can't sleep at all unless something is there.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm
Wow me 2 i but I don't notice it until morning

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:25 pm
^ On the topic of sleeping, any time I want to turn over to my other side, I have to sit all the way up and then proceed to rotate my body and then lie down the opposite way. For some reason I can't just roll over, I have to get up first.

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm
I count things, too, like steps taken from one sidewalk "tile" to another, usually preferring to end on an even number. Odd numbers aren't bad, but can't be divided into 2s. :P This is common when my mind isn't occupied.

* Checking a bus schedule like mad when I know I'm on the right bus, but not comfortable with it.

* Checking my pack's contents before and after disembarking a bus just to be sure everything is accounted for. This started after I lost some personal identification on the bus once. Thank God the driver kept it safe.

* Checking my phone's time excessively while out when my train of thought is "schedule". If I had a watch, I'd look at that instead.

* Can't sit around for long while waiting for the bus. Sudoku has helped with that.

* Recent: remembering Cave Story music in my head in a sort of jumbled medley. Just sort of fell into it (Moonsong remastered is on repeat). Low-grade but better than nothing when I have no access to the hundreds of mp3s in my computer. :p Done once a day at least until my need for CS is fulfilled to a satisfactory level.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm
Okay, well. . .

I count things, I imagine what it would be like if the world was flipped around, I try to break things into small particles, I try to understand certain science laws in my brain, I talk to myself.

I scratch at the bugs crawling in my skin, I clean my fingernails (the girly way, of course), I giggle at my own jokes, I pretend to have someone else in the room, I pace around muttering to myself, and I air guitar to nothing.

Strange habits are strange.

Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 pm
Ah... I remembered another one as I did it...

Another strange habit is when I double task, I tend to try to do both tasks, literally at the same time...

This one day lead to trying to get my Wii remotes out of the pantry and to making me try putting my towel in the fridge multiple times... :/

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your Strange Habits • Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:08 am
when I'm bored,I tend to listen to French rap.I don't know why but it really entertaining.just encase that doesn't count as a habit,every time I play my guitar,the first song i tend to play is Tom Petty's "learning to fly" lolz :p

-Luke

Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next