View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How did you get your username? 
Zora Guard

Post How did you get your username? • Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:48 pm
Tell us the tale of how you got your username!

For whatever reason, I thought theonlypie was a hilarious name back in grade 7 when I started my first email/forum experience on the web and it just stuck with me for the name I used for anything I signed up for. When I made a YouTube account, theonlypie was taken so I added the first three numbers of Pi (3.14) behind it. Now I use this one since it's just easier for me to remember the extra numbers at the end.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:46 pm
Ok let me think.........It was very simple actually I really like Sims2.(Not 3 they suck eggs.)So there is Sims. Ummmmm glowing came because I really like things that glow also the word glowing has many ways of awesomeness. I use that word a lot not online but when talking to people in front of me I use the word glowing a lot and they get really ummm unglowing with it. Also GlowingSims sounds awesome and you don't see that everyday. So yeah pretty awesome to me other people hate but, that is there problem.

Administrator

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm
Scrabble tiles.

Seriously though, it was a play on the name Darth Sidious. I can't remember why I thought it was terribly clever, or why I am still using it to this day.

Perhaps I should change my username to Paratrooper McJumpmaster.

Profile WWW

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Ahh... Space Battles Pew Pew Pew. Though, if you were to ever change your username DC, it just wouldn't be the same. :P

Let's see... As for me, I have various random names. This one came from me wanting to do something new and in Japanese. Thus Dakuraraikku. I wanted to put dark in the name and another word that went well.

Turn out, as awesome as I think the name is, the nickname issue with Deku is still here. :p

As for other various names:
Dakurairakku- TwitchTV/JustinTV: I just wanted to link my name back to here. Simple as that.

Lotusfur- YouTube: This came when I was younger and I was obsessed with a series called WARRIORS. I kind of what to change it though... Oh well.

SapphireTwilightDawnRay- Quizilla: Full name without the spaces of a character I came up with when I was in first grade. Now, don't judged me for having a quizilla acount. I was more or less forced into getting one by my friend.

Neko-chan- Future deviant Art or Photobucket: This is the alias I go by whenever I sign a picture or something. This has actually confused my family a few time until I pointed out that my real name was on the back.

LostHopeDarkDream- Sims 3 Exchange (don't hate on me GS!): I think I was writing my version of Sleeping Beauty or something and I was in a depressed mood... I don't really know... I think it was because I thought it sounded cool...

...To be updated when I get more random accounts or I get name changes...

Hylian Squire

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:59 pm
Not much to tell. I really enjoyed Twilight Princess and felt that Queen Rutela was such an an incredible character. She really deserves more attention. And thus, I became she.

Administrator

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm
Mine was pretty simple:

Zeldaeinstein:

Zelda - Einstein: I really liked The Legend of Zelda... and Physics, so I combined the two. I never thought ahead that using this username during HT would seem arrogant, or that 'Einstein' being a last name means I'm sporting a girl's username :p.

I also have extensively used: Zeus's Left Eyebrow. I was getting really into Classics in my second year of University and felt there was a change needed for a short while, one that would still fit with 'ZE'. The Left Eyebrow part was just for finesse. :P

Zeldaroentgen: For the short while I was into Medical Physics... I picked another scientist to be married to :P.

So yeah. D:

I will never forsake my ZE name :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:48 pm
Back when there was no hint of Super Smoosh Bros. Brawl coming, 3 cousins and I decided to play Melee for several days while 2 of them were visiting town. We made up titles and awarded them to whomever earned them. There was Smoosh Joker (to the trap master), Smoosh Failure (one on the receiving end of most KOs), Stealth Smasher (defeating people while invisible), Pratfaller, etc. The top 4 titles were Smoosh King (the guy who held the most KOs), Smoosh Queen (the girl who held the most KOs), Smoosh Prince (the guy who held the second most KOs), and Smoosh Princess (girl who held the second most KOs).

You see where I'm going with this. The title just stuck and since then I've used it (and other names with 'Smoosh') as a user name.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Hylian Knight

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 pm
Smoosh....that sounds like some crazy awesome premise for a story.....

'BeeX' was what Zetsu called me here when my name used to be 'masterbx'.

'masterbx' came from me, at the age of 12, logging on to Runescape (shut up) and needing a username. I decided I wanted to be a Master of something...but couldn't think of anything. I ended with 'BX' because those were the initials of a original character of mine by the name of 'Bastian Xcaliber'. Over the years I found it was easier for people to call me 'BX' so that's what I've stuck with over the years.

Administrator

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:41 am
I started off as Dark Link229 in my Runescape days. Wanting to shed the numbers and no longer desiring to be something so generic, I came up with something that would keep my nickname of "DL."

For a while I took the monikre of Zender, but that didn't last.

~Samuel Clemens

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:17 am
All of you with your awesome stories...well whatever. :P

Okay, so I started out as Midna the Imp (on here) or MtI. Why? Because I really liked Midna when I was seventeen and the name 'Midna' was taken by some guy (who didn't stick around long...) The other reason, well, same personality and all that stuff, but yeah for character development? xD

Anyways, after awhile, got tired of it. People also got tired of typing out MtI and well...didn't like TP as much as I use to. WW was a better game, etc. Anyways, on one random day, it got switched to Tetromino/Tetra007 (because of James Bond and pirates and awesome European police force...and jtv already had a person using 'Tetromino') and that stuck...forever.

*shoots next member in the forehead* BAM.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:21 am
My original, Salander Pawthorn, was from my dragon character, Salander Pawthorn. People called me Salamander, and I liked it. But, eh.

I can't remember my next one. I think it was Rain Dragon. Back in my emo days, I had an emo dragon, Rain Dragon. Should've been Storm, but I didn't do it.

Emperor Fox was supposed to be a Fox with all these emperor "LOOK AT ME" style stuff.

Midnight Fox, which really stuck, was because I love night, and foxes. :P

The Profligate basically was just me being bored and felt like it.

I can't remember the others. . .

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:11 pm
The Three Ninjas

http://peterdsilva.com/

Zora Guard

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Mario Kart DS staff ghost data. When I still had the game, I was working my way and beat a ton of them. Then I lost it. I first registered at Zelda Dungeon. But all the usernames I could've thought of at the moment were taken. I remembered Ninten*, and used that instead.

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 am
This one, well I thought it'd be funny.

Profile YIM WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: How did you get your username? • Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 pm
...actually... I've had a few online handles before i settled on this. I used to use 'Timbermech' just mashing Timberwolf and Mechwarrior when I was really into mechwarrior 2. Then I started FFVII and VIII and I took on UltimaOmegaWeapon. :P Based more on Ultima Weapon of FFVII but I threw Omega in because a now deceased friend of mine had a really long e-mail and we didn't have auto-complete back then, so when I wanted to e-mail him, I had to type spiritofthenations, so in revenge, i had the long username you see above.

My parents had a freak out about Weapon in my username/email so I changed in in jr. high. I just came off watching evangelion and loved the MMBN games along with finally having a console version of one of my favorite games of all time, Virtual-On. This generated the EVEN LONGER hotmail name I still use to this day.

However, I'm no longer mean, and auto-complete has stolen all the fun out of making people type my godforsaken e-mail address. So I took that and chopped it in half and ended up with that I use now everywhere, which is a cross mostly of Temjin from the Virtual-On series and the addition of Zero from Wing Zero of Gundam Wing.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next