View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread 
Administrator

Post PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 pm
Why hello. Didn't get a chance to go to PAX? No worries. That is what this thread is for.

The Convention Centre:

Day 1: The first day we flew in, walked around Seattle and then I got all sicklike. So we pretty much went back to the hotel and watched Storage Wars all night. But here is the hotel room. Aaron did a video thang: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOF-U8IRjho

DAY 2: WALKING AROUND SEATTLE AND CRAP

We got out of the hotel and Aaron wanted to try this food vendor.

I wanted to visit a few places. Aaron wanted to go to the Magic the Gathering tourney near by. So I walked around this place called Pike Place Market. It's like a bazaar packed full of strange and interesting shops. Aaron joined me for part of it before taking off.

These pictures do not do it justice. Next year I may just get video of the place. Or drag you all with me.

SPACZ KNEEDLE

The Seattle Center had the King Tut expo. Thought I'd check this one out. Aaron finished watching his thing at this point and joined me.

Later at the top of the Space Needle.

More Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ1KYfMKP1M

TROPHY CUPCAKES as suggested by Dakurai.

These things will kill you if you eat just one. I think we ordered a dozen because I wasn't aware of their power at the time.

DAY 3: REDMOND AND BIZARROS

Again Aaron was at his tourney so I took the car to visit Redmond, where I lived almost 13 years ago. This was a good chance to see old places and check out the Nintendo and Microsoft campuses.

Conversely the Nintendo Campus

I got to take this one picture before they told me to get out. Nintendo I am disappoint.

Bizzarro's Italian Cafe

Featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, thought we'd check this place out. It was weird. 0_o

Food was really good though. I think it's the one place I would visit again if I had the chance. Very hard to get a seat though, so crowded. Also the bathrooms were creepy.

THEY ARE WATCHING YOU PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ANYWAY ENOUGH HALF NUDE MEN STARING. PAX DAY 1

DL and Nean showed up in the night. After a hilarious interlude where they thought they weren't staying at our hotel, turns out they were! And that they should always listen to me. So yeah PAX.

Expo Hall:

Rooster Teeth Booth. These guys were staying in the same hotel as us.

Nean and I bumped into this girl several times after this photo. We even played a game of FLUXX with her and the developers later.

Geek Chic makes cool gaming tables. The dream is to one day own one of these.

More expo hall

Popcap was giving out free Wall-Nut hats. Of course we had to get ours and wear them all around town like the COOL GUYS WE ARE.

Supergiant Games was there (creators of Bastion) All the employees were working the booth.

This is a squirt spawn machine from the game.

LoL North American Regions were going on at the same time. This was a pretty big event and was broadcast live throughout PAX.

Round 1 of the Omegathon. Geometry Wars. Intense Geometry Wars.

Mike and Jerry. My camera sucks.

Bastion Cosplayer

Minecraft

More Cosplayers

Round 2 of the Omegathon. Kerplunk. Also DL was heckling really loud during this match.

PAX DAY 2

I head off on my own to catch the panel on music in video games. Pretty interesting look at how this stuff is made.

Martin O'Donnell (Halo Series)

Signing Table

Me and the Michael McCann (Deus Ex HR Composer) and Sam Hulick (Mass Effect Series) I got them to sign my badge.

Fi and Chell. I think Chell was nonplussed.

One of the theatres. I took pictures because *NAVI* YES horses. Tape was added as each panel finished.

Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.

One of many bean bag locations

I spent much of the afternoon at the boardgame freeplay/tournament section of PAX so I don't have much pictures. This was the conclusion of the Ticket to Ride Tourney. I placed last. I probably should have played the game more than once.

Last panel of the day. About crafting and making game related stuff.

For dinner we went to another triple D place. This one was called Pam's Kitchen and specialized in curry. It was good.

PAX DAY THREE

Signing time. Mike and Jerry again, the creators of Penny Arcade.

Some Alphanauts crashed the party and had a competition to see which co-creator could draw the best horse. The time limit was the MLP theme song.

The result. Mike (The artist) is on the left. Jerry (The writer. Also the bald one. Is on the right.)

Mike is deemed the winner and given his award. Jerry is left with the crowd favorite prize.

I should mention we were next in line when this all happened, so we got some good pictures. This is me right after.

So we milled around some more, got more swag yadda yadda yadda. Finally we went to the last event of the expo. The Omegathon finals.

Pictures don't do it justice, so we taped the whole thing. If you haven't seen it yet, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVTOZd3g9Q

Winding down

The official congratulatory drinks.

The group picture.

We're planning to go again next year, so this won't be the only EDN meetup. Hopefully more people can make it for PAX Prime 2013.

FIN.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 pm
Oh. My. God. Yes. I've been waiting for this thread forever :D, I don't have many pictures, and I was there for a good portion of those. I'll probably throw some pictures that I do have up soon though.

This will also be a placeholder for said images.

*Edit*

As Promised:

A view from the room me and DL shared

Cosplayers from League

Cosplay

Twi'lek

Display from a game that looked cool

New Super Mario Bros. U

I have more pictures somewhere else.... I'll post them as I find them

Last edited by Nean on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Administrator

Post Re: PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 pm
So I too took pictures. These were all on my finicky Galaxy camera, so the quality might not be stellar on all of them. I'll know to take a real camera next year.

The trip out:

Your lovable overlord:

Link and Groose

Skull Kid, Queen Rutela, and Midna

Tingle

Ness

One of the Enforcers

Nean

This guy had Gangnam Style blaring out of his boombox on repeat, and he was going around dancing to it.

The best Ghostbuster of all time (except Bill Murray)

Valve let this chick borrow the portal gun for the convention. I was impressed.

Link in less-traditional garb

A zombie from Plants v. Zombies

A Varus with a Rioter photobombing

Vriska, I think. From Homestuck. DC: Kanaya.

Saxton Hale

Carl Brutanunanulewski getting photobombed by Ashe

A typical fatality

Girl Link playing the Ocarina. We totally pitched EDN to her, but I don't know that she or her buddy ever joined.

Riku

Ash with the same face always forever
ImageImage

Gordon Freeman, when he's not out being in a giant orange suit and decides to shave for once

The Scout

Commander Shepard

The Pyro

The Medic

Navi

Shyguy (Shygirl, I guess?)

Deadpool Pikachu

Creeper picture I took of a chick's backpack

Crash Bandicoot

The Kamehameha Twins from League

The swag

Nean with a bunch of his idols

The three of us while Aaron wasn't paying attention and some lady drinking leaf juice with us who happened to be a photographer wanted to take our picture

~Samuel Clemens

Zora Guard

Post Re: PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:31 am
Awesome pictures and you got all that swag for free?

I am now tempted to go to PAX... at least for one year.

I just watched the episode of Triple D yesterday with Pam's Kitchen and Bizarro Pizza... weird..

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 am
Pam's kitchen is simply incredible, it was the first time I had ever had a curry dish, and I was pleasantly surprised. That leaf juice shop was also a great highlight. In all, I ended up picking League of Legends, leaf juice Drinking, and table-top games as interests. Also, I regret not buying one of those cardboard cutouts

Administrator

Post Re: PAX PRIME 2012 - Official Pictures Thread • Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 am
We had to pay for some of it, but a large portion was indeed free.

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]