View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 "Et Al" - The Thread 
Sheikah Elder

Post "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 pm
I thought of this a while ago, and felt now was the time to unleash the most awesome thread ever. This thread has no topic, as it will host no specific contents. Anything can be posted here, from quick memos to cool news, and even a "Hey, i did something cool today!". I'll start this off:

I know I haven't been around lately, but I've been pretty busy with work and such. I found the love of my life recently, and her name is Borderlands 2. I'll be finishing up my water cooling rig soon, and I'll post some pictures of it. I think you'll enjoy it once you see it. :D

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Zora Guard

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:01 pm
Seems like a cool topic. Pie likes!

Pie's BioWare Blog of things she can actually talk about:

I shared this in the shoutbox but I can now reveal all the things I worked on thus far while at BioWare:

1.) Mass Effect 3 Newest Multiplayer Pack: Retaliation

and http://blog.bioware.com/2012/10/09/deve ... -in-depth/

I tested the new characters in the blog (more were suppose to be a secret and released via live ini pushs aka released every two weeks or something... but the patch team screwed it up and launched them all at once). There are Volus now! Also tested a new weapons, maps and gear. Challenge system was a pain in the arse.

2.) Mass Effect "Compilation" aka Mass Effect 1 is going to come on the PS3

BioWare is patching the Xbox and PC versions mostly to take away anything related to Microsoft (because that makes Sony mad =| ) along with released ME1 on the PS3. I got to play the game a few times to make sure everything worked and now its off to Cert. So we are now going through ME2 on the PS3 to make sure the import character works. Then it is on to ME3 for the same reason.

I might do a stream of ME1 for you guys on PS3 when it comes out as "tester" view of the game: show some fun glitches and interesting areas where the game crashed that I had to test over and over again. Would that be fun?

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 am
Wow, that must be a pretty incredible experience, Pie. I guess while I'm here I better let you all know I broke two of my harddrives, and possibly my power supply or motherboard, so it may be a while until I'm on here all that often.

Administrator

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am
How in the crap do you manage to break that much equipment all at once?

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am
Deku Lord wrote:
How in the crap do you manage to break that much equipment all at once?

Funny story really. One of the harddrives failed, I broke a pin off the other one, and then I most likely fried my motherboard when I plugged in an incompatible hard drive. I did however learn not to do computer maintenance on sleep deprivation.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:43 pm
I guess.... this is just another completely random thread...

Profile YIM
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:22 am
AkkaAnonymous wrote:
I know I haven't been around lately, but I've been pretty busy with work and such. I found the love of my life recently, and her name is Borderlands 2.

For goodness sake, Aka, I think I know why you have no love life...xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:25 am
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, Tetromino. :P Nean, if you get a chance to see this, try disconnecting all your power from your machine, and holding in the power button for about 30 seconds. This drains the capacitors and should set the current straight again, hopefully allowing you to boot your machine. I've had to do that a couple times because I thought I fried a machine at work, come to find out that the hard drive was causing the PSU to not function as designed. Hope this helps.

Also, if you need to find out if a hard drive is bad, you can always run MHDD from a cd. It checks for bad sectors and whatnot. If there are bad sectors present, and you don't care about the data on the drive, you can try t correct those sectors using a program called SpinRite. Another potential issue could be bad RAM. If you're able to get your system to POST, you can run memtest off of a linux disk if you need to.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:17 am
Definitely checked that out, and I'm going to assume it's the motherboard. When it all went down there was an actual smell of burning components, and I was sure the smoke came from the mobo, but it's too hard to really say, because the fans from the PSU could have blown it away disguising the fact that it's really the PSU.

In random news: A midterm I missed a few days ago was apparently pushed to today, so I don't get a 0 in my lit class. Yay me!

Zora Guard

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:08 pm
Well, my compilation (playing ME2 again and again) days are over and I'll be doing something else next week with a new desk. Yay!

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:50 am
Hey, I did something cool today. (sorta) Finally got the last of my midterms out of the way. *mini celebration* Hopefully, I'll be sticking around more often.

Also, finally got Mario Kart 7. *another mini celebration* Time to check that off my ever-growing list. I'll post my codes in the appropriate thread soon.

Zora Guard

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:44 am
Pie's BioWare Blog
Compilation is all done now! YAY! Also, I can now discuss the new DLC Omega that was announced and shown on Nov 7 (N7 day). I don't know much about it though other than Aria is a squad member.

Other news!
I bought a bunch of games yesterday - 999 on the DS, Persona 1 and 3 on PSP since my co worker got me addicted to the third one. Never played the series before but I love them!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 am
Well my friend managed to unbreak my PSU and Motherboard (By flipping on the PSU and turning on the computer after I cleared the circuits), so now all I need is a harddrive. Better news than I was expecting.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am
This board really needs a "like" button.

Administrator

Post Re: "Et Al" - The Thread • Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 am
If we had a like button, people would post even less than they already do. "Liking" encourages mindless agreement rather than productive discussion, much like single-word posts. /rant

Also, congrats Nean.

~Samuel Clemens

Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next