View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 What are you Currently Reading? 
Administrator

Post What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm
In lieu of the success of 'What are you Currently Playing', and how I've been trying to get back into regular reading of FINE LITERATURE, I ask you these questions:

What are you currently reading? What do you plan on reading? Why the heck are you reading it?

Currently I have started an adventure into The Wheel of Time series. I'm only a few chapters into the first book, but I've bought ahead of time as I plan to actually finish reading a series.

Plans - Actually read A Song of Ice and Fire. I started Storm of Swords three years ago but dropped it after I started University. I dropped most reading after I no longer had an hour bus ride every evening home. @_@

- Finishing The Hobbit. I was in the middle of the book and had to put it down for reasons I can't even remember. I should finish it.

- Reading The Lord of the Rings. Never have, probably never will. But I know I should.

Stop reading this post and READ A BOOK.

But post, too. ;D

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:46 pm
Text books. What? I have no choice...but, really, other than that...

Nothing. I have so much reading this semester anything fun will have to wait (and anyways, the Wheel of Time is DONE and I'm done with it...so yeah.) :P

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:15 pm
I just finished the Inheritance Cycle. I've always been interested in books with dragons. :)

I am starting a series called Deltora Quest which I received way back in 6th grade. I figured i'd read them since they have been collecting dust over the years.

I have all the Harry Potter books, but I haven't read them yet. Haven't felt like it. -.-

Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:26 pm
So far I've finished "A Memory of Light" and "The Road" this year.

As for my list of things to read in 2013, they are as follows:

- Gone With The Wind
- Withering Heights
- The Book Of Five Rings
- A Series of Unfortunate Events Series
- The Sword of Shannara Books

Also, welcome to the Underwoods Shanoa. You should make an intro topic in the Welcome section so everyone can say hi proper.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 am
Hey, I'm just starting the Inheritance Cycle. Been wanting to read this series for years but had too many other books to read first.

Just finished my first time through the Hunger Games books. They were really good but I'm still a little freaked about the kid on kid violence.

Have absolutely no idea what I'll read after this series. Not sure if I want to go back and reread either Harry Potter or the Belgariad, or if I wanna find another new series to try.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm
How are the Shannarra Books Darth? I read First King of Shannarra but never picked up the next one. Might be worth a read now that its been a few years.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:22 pm
I am currently reading this post, and i plan on finishing The Lord Of the Rings. Reason: Cause i loved the first half of it and then when i got out of the hospital i had to return it. T_T

Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm
I'm glad to say I've finally started reading again recently. I'm currently in the middle of Mort by Terry Pratchett; it follows Death's apprentice in his daily dealings on the Discworld, and it's written with a devilish wit about it. Death is everything you would expect, plus a few quirks that make him rather amusing at the same time. I highly recommend it.

~Samuel Clemens

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm
Deku Lord wrote:
I'm glad to say I've finally started reading again recently. I'm currently in the middle of Mort by Terry Pratchett; it follows Death's apprentice in his daily dealings on the Discworld, and it's written with a devilish wit about it. Death is everything you would expect, plus a few quirks that make him rather amusing at the same time. I highly recommend it.

That's a really good read...I think it was one of the first Pratchett books I read way back in the day...though, I like Hogfather (Death-book) and The Truth more. That reminds me, I still need to get Soul Music and Moving Pictures...(and it looks like Raising Steam [the 40th book] will deal with STEAM TRAINS. Oh yah!) :D

Anyway, rereading Way of Kings by Sanderson...maybe. :shifty:

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm
I honestly just finished The Lord of the Flies for the first time, and I just gotta say that I loved it. I'm sure I'll eventually read it again. I just love all of the symbolism in it. Symbolism always makes a book more interesting in my opinion. :3

Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 am
Given that I used to be a big fan of Dan Brown, I never got around to reading his latest book: The Lost Symbol... so now there's a new latest book, which I bought...

So I'm reading The Lost Symbol, although I have been assured it isn't necessary to do so.

Still kind of reading The Wheel of Time. >_>

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 am
Has anyone else read anything by China Miéville? I started reading Perdido Street Station and it's really weird. Also vivid descriptions.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 pm
Currently reading the prequel to Neal Stephensons Baroque Cycle, called Cryptonomicon. Not an easy read, but an enjoyable one.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: What are you Currently Reading? • Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:50 am
The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett...it has something to do with the Watch. No, not the type you put on your wrist...:P

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]