View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 
Hylian Squire

Post The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 am
E3's Demo for Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword looks AWESOMESAUCE! I have to admit that when I heard it was going to be more of that cell-shaded crap, I was like "Greeeeeat. Another Windwaker sequel. Just what the world needs." But then I saw it, and I have to say, they did a great job with it. It still has that feeling of realism to it without being quite as dark as TP. I can't WAIT for this to come out!

((Oh, and by the way, I definitely have some spoilers to share, but I can't figure out how to make the Forbidden Underwoods's BB Code thingy do it...anyone wanna help me out here?))

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:24 pm
We don't have a spoiler BB code.

Anyways yeah, I think it's pretty good.

One mostly unimportant thing I noticed is that Links pants are kind of baggy, not an issue just on of the first things I saw.

Also it's interesting that the sword he has appears to be the master sword but that may just be functional for the E3 stuff.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:28 pm
Zetsuboubirri wrote:
We don't have a spoiler BB code.

Anyways yeah, I think it's pretty good.

One mostly unimportant thing I noticed is that Links pants are kind of baggy, not an issue just on of the first things I saw.

Also it's interesting that the sword he has appears to be the master sword but that may just be functional for the E3 stuff.

I remember reading somewhere (I think it was Zelda Universe, mebe) that it's the original blade that later becomes the Master Sword. Mebe we'll see the Occa and the Twili in this one too...or the race that becomes the Twili.

Also, MS, just put spoilers in the title of the topic. That's about all you can do.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Terminian Captain

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm
You guys are obviously way behind on the news. Here's a quote from nintendo:

"How many people remember the scene where Link dives off the cliff in the trailer? That's a very important point for the storyline. This time around, Link is born and raised in a land called Sky Loft, a land floating above the clouds. It may sound unique for someone to live on a floating land, but Link finds it ordinary. A land beneath the clouds is discovered, it's ruled by evil forces, but Link is forced to go there. Link has to travel between the two lands in this adventure. The Skyward Sword is his driving force behind his traveling between lands. That mysterious figure in last year's art is the Skyward Sword. People suspected this to be the Master Sword…but spoiler alert, the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword. (laughs)."

Hylian Squire

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 pm
That was precisely the spoiler I was talking about zzim....you doody-head. Stealin mah newz.... *impales zzim with the Master Sword* :P

There's more to that quote by the way. "There will be lots of visual cues to identify enemy attacks and weaknesses, and the best way of relaying this to the player is through overexaggerating character designs, so full realism just wouldn't work. If we used the same graphics from Twilight Princess, the game would already be done."

((All 'flaming' is in good fun. Laugh, play along.))

Terminian Captain

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:15 pm
Yeah I already know about that, but it's not really important lol.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:51 pm
I saw someone saying that spoiler on a Youtube of the trailer but I thought he was just being an idiot.

Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:19 pm
Curse you all, you totally ruined all of Skyward Sword for me D;. But besides that, that might cause some continuity errors somewhere along the line, I can just feel it :p.

I'm actually both bummed out and pleased by the graphics. I always said I wouldn't mind another Wind Waker styled (graphics wise) console game, and in a way this is it. I like the TP and WW mixed style, I think it looks splendid, in the way that Super Mario Galaxy's style looks amazing because its very simple to make that style impressive :p. From what I can tell the weapons will be epic and enemies look cool, I just hope they tweak up the graphics a lot more (they seemed a bit bland in the texturing department in the trailer) and well, release it when they damn well say so without any delays! :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:24 am
From what I have heard, nintendo did put some effort into the story this time, so it shouldn't cause too many continuity errors.
For timeliners out there, what we know is that the master sword is created (imbued might be a better word) from the skyward sword, that it has a female personification, and that it is originally discovered in skyloft.
If you check my sig, I put skyward sword in between TMC and OoT, and I'm currently hoping that Skyloft gives some info on possibly becoming the city in the sky in TP...
Feel free to check out my timeline too, and go ahead and pm me if you want to hear the full story behind everything I have. (it's pretty long)

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:34 am
I like the graphics, they look like what OoT/MM would look like if released on the GameCube.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 pm
Why does evryone here hate WW? It's my favourite game, and the first zelda game I ever played! The graphics mixture does sound really coolio though. I personally found TP a little too dark, and WW was the opposite. I hope it evens out in the end. Does anyone have a release date? Or any idea where it fits in the timeline?

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:54 pm
jocelyn silver-arrow wrote:
Does anyone have a release date? Or any idea where it fits in the timeline?

It was originally set for late 2010... November or December, but on June 18 when the name was revealed, it got pushed back to 2011. Hopefully early in the year.
As for timeline, we know that it comes before oot because it details the creation of the master sword. So far, signs point to between TMC and OoT, likely closer to OoT, possibly even the war in which Link's mother fled to the forest and link was raised as a kokiri.

Also, if you want to talk timeline, please pm me.

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm
I believe That Skyward sword is the very begining of the Zelda timeling cause it is all about people coming down to the land from a city in the sky like where the occa lived in TP.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 pm
That's actually a very good theory. After reading all the articles and satire on the main site about it, I personally try not to think about the timeline too much. It makes me go crazy! But I think that's very plausable. Particularily the coming-down-to-earth-thing. I wonder if nintendo had all the games planned out....hmmmmm :think:

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:59 pm
Given that they completely retconned the A Link to the Past Imprisoning War from back in the day, I'm pretty sure they were the farthest from planning these all out :p

But, given the whole timeline stuff, this might mess around with people's conceptions of where The Minish Cap lies. I DID have an article about that up on the main site but currently it's been taken down. Back in the TMC days everybody just cared about the Picori Blade, no one eve rheard of some Master Sword, among other reasons, lots of people usually place it at the very first of the timeline. But with this game we might have to make a new exception :p

Also, given that this takes place in the Sky Loft, anybody given a thought that Vaati might make a fantastic arrival ;O (highly unlikely since this game might even predate The Minish Cap, but lets speculate for fun!)

We know for one, since this predates OoT, there will be no Ganondorf. And given The Minish cap, we could even assume that Ganon was an afterthought, or didn't even exist at that time (since he makes a surprise and mysterious arrival in FSA). So since this is all sky based, what if Vaati is the boss? I know, like I jus trecently said, this wouldn't be likely, if at all, due to Vaati's Picori origins, butttt

You never know :p

This is where I wish Nintendo would retcon Vaati's origins. Imagine if the reason why Sky Loft and all tha thad to be abandoned because Vaati, a high ranking official, gets corrupted by the land below, thus explaining why his Palace is perpetually in the sky (since it used to belong to him when he was a goodie good).

If only. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next