View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:48 pm
Omigosh, I love Vaati! He's totally my favourite zelda villain! It's like nintendo just forgot about him. In my opinion, Ganon(dorf), is just overused. And he doesn't have cool hair... Anyways, I hope Vaati appears in Skyward sword.

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:01 pm
To be honest, I hope this game is delayed a few times at the least. Twilight Princess got a lot of pressure from fans, and they ended up cutting out a whole bunch of things that the game really needed in my opinion. I'm willing to wait a few extra months, hell even a year if it ensures a game of top notch quality. I really can't wait to see the new interaction between items/enemies, as those have been supposedly amped up to counteract the lack of a usable sword at certain parts of the game.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 am
Will it include zelda? This is a logical question in my mind, laugh if you want, but will it include the first zelda?

Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 am
I kind of wish they would stop making the Master Sword into this Swiss army knife for combating evil. I like the concept of traveling to and fro from Hyrule to Sky Loft, but why does this sword have to be the Master Sword. It’s like “Hey you thought you knew all the properties of the Master Sword….BUT NOW”

So far, we’ve seen the Master Sword exhibit the following:

- Have the ability to fight evil
- Repel evil and energy balls
- Allow a user to travel through time
- Allow a user to travel into…something, I don’t know what that was all about in Twilight Princess
- Can lose its power
- Can absorb power via sols
- Can turn people into stone if they are sufficiently evil and the sword is buried in his head
- Was formed by 7 sages but then wasn’t? Again retcon. :P

Now the Master Sword is actually a girl and can fly. I’m just saying, what was wrong with making a new mythical sword for the series. Look at the Four Swords. I thought that was pretty cool.

Other than that, I think the game will be great. Still on the fence about the graphics though. I hope they have a new villain, or maybe give Vaati a full role in this one. Ganon can’t keep “mysteriously returning” every game. A totally new villain is also cool too.

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 am
I think the Zelda games are getting kinda stale. Ever since Zelda 2(except for Majoras Mask) we've been saving a princess named Zelda and saving the world at the same time. I'll bet you 5 EDN dollars that the story of SS will be the same as every other Zelda except for MM.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:25 am
Banished Link wrote:
I think the Zelda games are getting kinda stale. Ever since Zelda 2(except for Majoras Mask) we've been saving a princess named Zelda and saving the world at the same time. I'll bet you 5 EDN dollars that the story of SS will be the same as every other Zelda except for MM.

Stale? But the WW wasn't stale until they made Tetromino/Zelda stick under the sea. That was so out of character it wasn't funny. >_> But, yeah, you're kinda right. With our luck, Zelda is kidnapped by the king of the evil land in SS and you have to go rescue her. AGAIN. Though, there seems some potential for another story-type, I don't see it happening. :/

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 am
I personally hope there won't be a zelda-rescue-from-ganon scenario. It gets old, but I think nintendo is running out of ideas. MM was certainly unique, and that's why, apart from WW, it's my favourite game. Nintendo needs better story ideas, that's the bottom line. I can certainly understand why they do the princess-rescue thing-a-ma-bob, but I hope it isn't the main theme in skyward sword.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:08 am
Banished Link wrote:

LA also breaks from that, not just MM...but anyway, I personally don't mind the repetition. I'm just as satisfied every time because that's why I love Zelda. If they were to change the whole way of things then there's no point in playing it. They change it up enough when they add new villains in a few of the games, add different swords, different gameplay. Just look at SS, it's already a break of habit from the old "dungeon, overworld, dungeon, overworld" pattern, as miyamoto said. So it's not like Zelda is the same exact thing every time anyway, just because you save Zelda every time doesn't mean the rest of the game can't be different. If you didn't save Zelda there's no point in calling it that in the first place. Which brings up the question, should LA and MM been called the legend of zelda still? I'm pretty sure neither of them had ANYTHING to do with her, so...maybe they should have changed to The Legend of Link temporarily :p *shrug*

Btw, I like Ganondorf. I don't want another villain. That, for me, was the biggest disappointment in every Zelda handheld game. <_<

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:30 am
What I would like to see in SS is a system that works more like Okami's did, wher there are dungeons but they were always extemely different like every dungeon being unique like The Yeti's house in TP. Also when you do the dungeon in that game it isn't to collect an item that is part of this master plan, for the most part it's to defeat the evil lurking inside and once that's done you recieve a modest reward and continue through the world. This I believe would work well in SS cause of the story I've heard so far Link goes to the ground and has to eradicate all the evil infesting it.

Also Zzim I'll bet you 10 EDN Bucks that you cannot find annother person who belives that Ganon should come back every time, it's probably the most dispointing thing for me to see in a Zelda game that nintendo had decided to be unoriginal again.

Zora Guard

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 am
I don't know if you all have seen, but:

http://kotaku.com/5651661/zelda-skyward ... t/gallery/

Screens of Skyward Sword.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:01 pm
those screen's look pretty cool.

That whip looks bad azz.

I do hope that they put a new villain into the situation though.
I've always thought the series would be much much better if they mixed up which villains they used.
Zant being in TP was awesome, but I was very upset that Ganondorf gets haphazardly thrown into it.

I wish that if they wouldn't make a new villain up for Skyward Sword, I hope at least that they would use one of the other ones they have instead of Ganondorf. Like Vaati, or someone else.

Zora Guard

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:38 pm
OH. MY. GOD.

You know, a new villain would be nice, but you know what would make this Zelda game, THE ZELDA game of all time?

Spoiler: show
If they decided that Ganondorf/Ganon was actually originally a Hylian Sage, and the one who forged the Master Sword, imbuing it with the goodness of his soul, so that Link could defeat a great evil.

However, in doing so, he stripped his own existence of the goodness and purity of heart, and overtime, devolved into the villain we all know him as now.

WHAT IF.

Link was also a Hylian Sage, and there were originally 9 Hylian Sages. While Ganon sacrificed himself to seal the evil aided by the 3 Goddesses (making the Triforce actually a seal, rather than an object of untold power... :O), Link sacrificed his own sagehood to reincarnate every time to stop his former friend... or maybe even BROTHER from commiting untold atrocities upon the people of Hyrule.

:O :O :O

NOW, THAT'S A PLOT TWIST.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:52 am
That's like an "only if Nintendo were that cool" thing. Nintendo isn't that cool. :P

But, hey, let's dream. Why would the goddesses than allow an evil being (like Ganon) to have part of his own seal? And this would also undermine, I think, the things that happen Ocarina of Time...since he was, originally, doing it perhaps for his own people too (at least, that what it seems like from Wind Waker's Ending...mebe...?)

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Knight

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 pm
I'm sure we know by now that the Ganondorf we know and love will most likely appear in this game...either as the main antagonist or as the one controlling the main antagonist. And if Nintendo wishes to change that then I wish them all the best for it. I WOULD like a new bad guy though ( or I'd just be happy if they brought back Veran and Onox!).

Zora Guard

Post Re: LoZ: Skyward Sword • Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:06 pm
Tetromino wrote:
That's like an "only if Nintendo were that cool" thing. Nintendo isn't that cool. :P

But, hey, let's dream. Why would the goddesses than allow an evil being (like Ganon) to have part of his own seal? And this would also undermine, I think, the things that happen Ocarina of Time...since he was, originally, doing it perhaps for his own people too (at least, that what it seems like from Wind Waker's Ending...mebe...?)

The Triforce of Power is the actual seal. The Triforce of Wisdom possessed by Zelda and the Triforce of Courage possessed by Link are the other two parts of the seal. As long as Zelda and Link live, Ganon's full power is sealed.

The Triforce of Power does not actually grant power, it actually feeds off Ganon's power making him weaker than he actually is.

Also, who's to say Ganon never had dark intentions from the beginning. He could be an existence that exceeds the Gerudo from OoT in age. Or perhaps prior to OoT, he reincarnates like Link, but breaks that cycle in OoT.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next