View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Debunk that Theory! 

Yay or Nay? (Or bay...?)
Yay! 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
Nay! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bay?! 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13

Debunk that Theory! 
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:22 pm
Could there be multiple Ganon(dorf)'s like there are multiple Link's and Zelda's? If not could he have somehow split his soul into pieces, put them into objects, and ressurrect himself like Voldemort could in the Harry Potter books?

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 pm
^I beieve that there is only one Ganondorf. In the Gerudo race, a male is born once every 100 years. So I think that a male Gerudo would live for a long, long time. Whenever he died, he was just resurructed. During LoZ, Ganon died at the end of the game right? In AoL, Ganon's followers needed Link's blood to resurect him right? But Link got the Triforce of Courage in time and wouldn't have died during that quest. BUT, Link could have died some time soon. Either way, Ganon would eventually get ressuructed. So I don't think he seperated his soul like Voldemort did.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm
@old steam train argument...
Here's a bit of food for thought... Suppose we turn to the one other place in the series with relatively higher technology.
In majora's mask, termina had a considerable amount of technology did it not? Mostly clocks, but then there was the whole great bay temple. Anyways, in my mind, termina seemed more technologically advanced than Hyrule.
So, suppose phantom hourglass occurs in termina, which has also been flooded, and then eventually drains into spirit tracks?

I assume "New Hyrule" is termina, and, if you'll check my sig, I place all the 2d stuff after that, beginning with Four swords when link and Zelda return to check the seal on vaati

Oh and also, how close are you to being finished that geography stuff ZE? A lot of my theories are geography based and I'd like to see how you interpret it.

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm
Quote:
@old steam train argument...
Here's a bit of food for thought...
Suppose we turn to the one other
place in the series with relatively higher
technology.
In majora's mask, termina had a
considerable amount of technology
did it not? Mostly clocks, but then
there was the whole great bay temple.
Anyways, in my mind, termina seemed
more technologically advanced than
Hyrule.
So, suppose phantom hourglass
occurs in termina, which has also been
flooded, and then eventually drains
into spirit tracks?

Kinda makes sense if there's a termina in the adult timeline.

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 pm
You bring up a good question, BL, for there seems to be some evidence that supports that Ganondorf hasn't always been the SAME Ganny in each game. The most prevalent games for this theory, are Ocarina of Time and Four Swords Adventures. In FSA we still have Vaati as the big man in charge, considered the biggest bad to come across Hyrule. However, as you play you start seeing a new hand in the mix, one in a much higher place, Ganon. You learn of a man who has defied the rules of his Gerudo race, named Ganondorf, and entered the Pyramid in the Desert of Doubt. This Gerudo man snatches up the Trident located within and uses his new found power to order Vaati around and warp the powers of the Dark Mirror to his bidding.

No one knew of an evil Gerudo man in this Hyrule, named Ganondorf, was even active until the very end when he surprises the Four Links and Zelda as you attempt to escape the Tower of Winds.

Now, look at Ocarina of Time. No one in Hyrule had ever heard of a dastardly man named Ganondorf being a big bad, ever, or at least everyone has very convenient amnesia. The geography of FSA seems to support it shares the same Ganon with A Link to the Past (the design, Trident, Four Sword being in both games - it being used to seal Ganon away, and its broken pieces in A Link to the Past). But if these games even exist in a different timeline, we're aware that both branches of Hyrule know of Ganon's villainy; Twilight Princess has him put up for execution, Wind Waker had him nearly a victor at obtaining Hyrule.

So what's up with the two Ganons seeming to be completely distinct, the one from FSA/ALTTP/or more, and the one featured in OoT/WW/TP?

Nintendo has obvious explaining to do. I hope that wasn't too jumbled, as it's very late. :P

Also, I'm on a bit of a break from article writing (... a very long break :/ ), ekul6, but I have at least a couple more geography based arguments in mind for a later date... whenever that will be.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:59 pm
@BL
I assume you're referring to the fact that there was no one to stop the moon from falling on the AT?
I believe there are strong hints pointing to the conclusion that the skull kid from MM is the same one that gives you a heart piece in OoT when you play sarias song. (also who you give the skull mask to) to me this indicates a forming of friendship. If I recall correctly, MM was caused by the skull kid becoming mischievous due to having no friends. (link would not have befriended him in the CT)

So, this would indicate that termina is still intact in the adult timeline

Timeline
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:39 am
Sorry, but what you wrote makes no sense to me. I believe Termina may have been destroyed in the AT because Link just didn't show up because he was teleported back to the CT.

-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:16 am
K I'll try to explain myself better.

1) If skull kid had not stolen Majora's Mask, the events of that game would never have occurred, correct?
2) Skull kid became mischievous, started raiding travellers, etc. Because he was angry about having no friends. Right?
3) Does it make sense that skull kid from MM is likely the same one as in OoT?
4) Remember where the timeline split occurs; anything that happens within the game is considered part of the adult timeline.
5) Assume that link has done everything he could in OoT, including making friends with skull kid.

Skull kid doesn't raid travellers because he is not angry from having no friends, therefore, the moon doesn't fall on termina.

Timeline
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\

Zora Guard

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm
No, I don't think that New Hyrule is Termina. If you say that PH takes place in Termina, then Spirit Tracks can't.
In the ending of Phantom Hourglass, Link and Tetromino get teleported back to their own world. After that, they keep searching for land and eventually find New Hyrule. I agree with Banished Link. If Link doesn't go back in time, then he won't go back to save Termina. (sorry if i don't make any sense, but i've never played MM, or know a lot of details about it)

EDIT:OK, thanks ZE. I understand how MC saga can come before OoT, but I'm just one of those who believes that OoT is the first game in the Zelda timeline (second if you include Skyward Sword).

Last edited by Ninten* on Sat May 07, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:07 am
This is a subject that has wildly aggravated me; I am going to put out MY timeline theory, and I want everyone to bombard me with evidence AGAINST the theory. I have my reasons, and when I get a complaint, I will explain:

...............................MC...............................
(maybe SS? I don't know where to place this yet.)
..............................OoT...............................
........................../...........\...........................
......................MM............TP.........................
......................LoZ........................................
......................AoL............WW.......................
.......................FS.............PH........................
......................FSA............ST........................
......................LttP........................................
......................OoA...........OoS----------------->Placement in which timeline is uncertain. One in one and one in the other.
...........................\........./.............................
...............................LA.................................

The relation between games from one side of the timeline to the other is uncertain, So the Wind Waker may not take place at the same time as the Legend of Zelda Adventure of Link.

And again, BOMBARD me. :wave: I like critiques! (And approvals, but until I prove myself, I don't expect any.)

"Time, like space, although a dimension in itself, also has dimensions of its own." ~Viki, DR. WHO

"Seek you the world? Seek you power? Does your soul despise peace and thirst for more? Does your soul cry for destruction and conquest? We grant you power to ruin the world. The power of darkness. Evil spirit of magic trident. You are the King of Darkness."

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 am
ekul6 wrote:
K I'll try to explain myself better.

1) If skull kid had not stolen Majora's Mask, the events of that game would never have occurred, correct?
2) Skull kid became mischievous, started raiding travellers, etc. Because he was angry about having no friends. Right?
3) Does it make sense that skull kid from MM is likely the same one as in OoT?
4) Remember where the timeline split occurs; anything that happens within the game is considered part of the adult timeline.
5) Assume that link has done everything he could in OoT, including making friends with skull kid.

Skull kid doesn't raid travellers because he is not angry from having no friends, therefore, the moon doesn't fall on termina.

I don't know if that skull kid is the same as the one before. He could be, but I think this skull kid always lived in termina--and was in fact great friends with the four giants before the parted 100 paces North, South, East, and West. The likelihood of it being the same is potentially a stretch.

"Time, like space, although a dimension in itself, also has dimensions of its own." ~Viki, DR. WHO

"Seek you the world? Seek you power? Does your soul despise peace and thirst for more? Does your soul cry for destruction and conquest? We grant you power to ruin the world. The power of darkness. Evil spirit of magic trident. You are the King of Darkness."

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:11 am
I don't really have any critiques for your timeline, just something to put out there for everyone to think about. The awakening of the new Sages and their identities from Ocarina of Time, occurs only in Adult Link's Hyrule, as it was necessary to seal away Ganondorf. The banishment of Ganondorf in Twilight Princess (being in the Child timeline) is done by completely unrecognizable Sages, as this likely occurred not long after his villainous intent was revealed (maybe :P). So the Sages, Saria, Darunia, etc. would be names remembered by the inhabitants of Hyrule in Adult Link's timeline, but probably not as fondly in the Child Link timeline.

Could this mean that the naming of most towns in Adventure of Link was done out of the old Legends of those awakened Sages, thus putting it and the original Legend of Zelda firmly in the Adult timeline? It seems more plausible than naming them after those characters in their less flashy lives of the Child Timeline.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:29 am
Quote:
I don't really have any critiques for your timeline, just something to put out there for everyone to think about. The awakening of the new Sages and their identities from Ocarina of Time, occurs only in Adult Link's Hyrule, as it was necessary to seal away Ganondorf. The banishment of Ganondorf in Twilight Princess (being in the Child timeline) is done by completely unrecognizable Sages, as this likely occurred not long after his villainous intent was revealed (maybe :P). So the Sages, Saria, Darunia, etc. would be names remembered by the inhabitants of Hyrule in Adult Link's timeline, but probably not as fondly in the Child Link timeline.

Could this mean that the naming of most towns in Adventure of Link was done out of the old Legends of those awakened Sages, thus putting it and the original Legend of Zelda firmly in the Adult timeline? It seems more plausible than naming them after those characters in their less flashy lives of the Child Timeline.

A couple things: I don't agree that the Twilight Princess is in the child timeline; there is no evidence of the sages existing before the OoT, the sudden change in geography doesn't follow up (even if TP took place a century or so after OoT), and, most importantly, Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power when the try to execute him. If Link warned Zelda and the King of Hyrule about Ganondorf's intentions before they became reality, he couldn't have gotten into the Sacred Realm and taken the Triforce. That execution would have killed him and ended everything. No, I believe that scene in the TP took place sometime after the OoT and before Link's adventure in the TP, possible quite some time after the OoT.

And kudos to you! I had not thought of the village name idea. :clap: My only refute to back my timeline is that Link knows of the potential future, and told of the sages to Zelda and her father. They may have named some new towns (as Hyrule grew in the golden age) after these characters. I do know that LoZ comes before AoL--directly before, as they have the same impa, zelda, link, and refer to resurrecting Ganon from his ashes (the pile he becomes when Link defeats him in LoZ). I will have to think more on this, but you may have just altered a portion of my timeline theory. Congratulations! :clap:

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 pm
Quote:
A couple things: I don't agree that the Twilight Princess is in the child timeline; there is no evidence of the sages existing before the OoT, the sudden change in geography doesn't follow up (even if TP took place a century or so after OoT), and, most importantly, Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power when the try to execute him. If Link warned Zelda and the King of Hyrule about Ganondorf's intentions before they became reality, he couldn't have gotten into the Sacred Realm and taken the Triforce. That execution would have killed him and ended everything. No, I believe that scene in the TP took place sometime after the OoT and before Link's adventure in the TP, possible quite some time after the OoT.

"He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hopes of
establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm.
He was known as a demon thief, an evil-magic wielder renowned for his
ruthlessness...
But he was blind...
In all of his fury and might, he was blind to any danger, and thus was exposed,
subdued, and brought to justice.
Yet...
By some divine prank, he, too, had been blessed with the chosen power of the
gods.
His abiding hatred and lust for power turned to purest malice..."

He got the triforce of power by a divine prank, maybe Din was pissed off at her sisters for one reason or another so she just decided to give it to him. There are also theories that Din could possibly be evil. Also, why would the sages be trying to execute Ganondorf for no apparent reason?

-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Debunk that Theory! • Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 am
Quote:
He got the triforce of power by a divine prank, maybe Din was pissed off at her sisters for one reason or another so she just decided to give it to him. There are also theories that Din could possibly be evil. Also, why would the sages be trying to execute Ganondorf for no apparent reason?

I do not believe that Din is evil, considering there has not been enough evidence to point in that direction. It seems to me that the three goddesses are the type to create the world and let it run however it was meant to run--unless some evil that could cause total destruction to the land appears (such as the divine intervention in the WW). And the sages certainly wouldn't be executing him for no apparent reason. Somehow a warlord of old times past--and an evil king who ruled and destroyed Hyrule for seven long years--has returned and shows some potential of creating havoc again. When the sages said "by some divine prank," I don't think they were being literal--no one speaks quite that literally when something unfortunate happens.

The only thing I have a hard time figuring out by the information given is how the Triforce became dormant until his execution? But that's all I would call it is dormant--sleeping.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next