View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Is Tingle awful? 
Zora Guard

Post Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 pm
Title is self-explanatory. My answer is yes. He's so annoying. He's always telling you non stop about his life's dream to become a fairy. I heard that the games in the Tingle series are wierd too. Like Rosy Rupeeland. Whatever that is. Then there's also Tingle's Balloon ride (was that the name?) and I think there was Tingle's fight of Love. Or whatever. So is he awful? Why? Disscuss.

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:01 am
I think Tingle is just misunderstood.

Have any of you ever known someone annoying? Well there's a good chance they don't know that they are annoying (And if you say there's people who are annoying on purpose, those people are called 'jerks' and are not related to the topic at hand).

I see Tingle as someone on a journey to find and better himself. He's in a sense an average person. He just goes about much differently than others.

Tingle is greedy, a common human trait, and he also seems deluded with optimism that his dream will come true, also a trait most humans share. It's quite clear that if we try to think of him as 'awful', then that's only a personal feeling. I don't think he's awful, I just think he's weird, and I like that about him. Some people might shun him for his fashion sense, and to those people I say "Link don't wear pants. Falbi's a clown. Gorons have rock nipples. Everyone has their flaws, stop pointing them out as negatives and start embracing the variety of life."

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 pm
No, Tingle is not awful, nor is he annoying or dull or bad. He is a character in the game, he helps the many Links out, yet for some reason people are ticked off by the slightest of habits of this character. In fact there are some people who hate him so much that they practically begged Nintendo to not release the Tingle's Rosy RupeeLand in America. Wow, all they had to do was not buy the dang game and they wouldn't have to deal with him.

Profile YIM
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:02 pm
If you think Tingle is awful then you have no soul

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:45 pm
Wow, the Underwoods are full of minorities in the Zelda community XD

Anyway, I like Tingle, I also wish that Tingles rupeeland was release in NA.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:54 am
Hmm. Ok, so what's my speech for my speech exam about? Don't judge a book by its cover? All right. So you see a fat, little man in an extremely tight green and red outfit using a balloon to float. Huh. Haven't you guys ever thought he just doesn't have the money to buy new clothes and buy better transportation? D: Try to get to know the person first before you judge them. D;

...And I did. And I regret it. He's annoying. He's greedy. He's constantly talking about how he wants to become a fairy, and he really screws you over when you go to buy a map from him. Ugh.

So...yeah. Tingle's an awful person. DX

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 am
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... HateTingle

This is infinitely true.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:16 pm
Classic, Zetsu... Classic.

But I must ask, do you think Tingle is "annoying"?

Profile YIM

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am
Tingle is annoying in the sense that he seems...unnatural (and rightfully so, the poor man). He's 35 years old, wears underwear on the outside of his pants, and is always looking for fairies. Excluding that last tidbit, he sounds kind of like a hero. A creepy hero who stalks young men who just so happen to wear the same color as him and have tiny little balls of light following them around. He's sort of the Denzel Crocker of the Zelda universe only he doesn't spaz like a crazy person and does his job of being a map maker really well.

Although I will say that he charges outrageous fees for deciphering maps and gets in the heroes' way in FSA. (Oh look a 100 Force Gem- hey!) So while he is annoying, he certainly isn't awful.

I both dread and wonder about the day he stumbles into Kokiri Forest.

Edit: I have to admit though, BeeX is right.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm
YES! I AM RIGHT! I am now fulfilled.....booyah...

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:42 am
Tingle is misunderstood. . . Nook's the real awful person. We should find a way to burn down his market. . . But no. He isn't awful.

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 pm
Tingle is just...there. I get mad when he takes my force gems and demands a lot of money to translate maps, but another than that, he just an odd character (Zelda is full of them) that gets a lot a bad rap that, on some accounts, he doesn't deserve.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Is Tingle awful? • Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 am
i don't like Tingle. he is annoying, i wish he would shut his mouth half the time.
but i always say 'Dream Big' and he is doing just that. he then tells everyone wot his goal is, and i do that too. i also think his outfit is weird. i, once again prefer 'weird'.
so in a way the only way tingle is different from the rest of us is that he floats on balloons, and shows his undies (in strange ways)
'Master' (BeeX) is defenetly right. listen to him, not me

Because holding a grugde to anyone is selfish
And being selfish is not being strong
It's weak.

Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]