View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Islands in the great sea 
Hylian Squire

Post Islands in the great sea • Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:29 pm
This is something that's kind of confusing, but, here's my take on it.

We all know that Hyrule was flooded when Ganondorf was reserected, but if you think hard enough, each islan seems to be connected to a landmark in hyrule.

Windhill=Kakariko Village
Forest Haven=Kokiri Forest
Dragon Roost=Death Mountain
Forsaken Fortress=Gerudo Fortress
Ice Ring (That place where you get the Iron Boots)=Snowpoint
(Obvious one) Tower of the Gods=Temple of Time (Because of it's proximity to Hyrule Castle
Earth Temple=Shadow Temple
Wind Temple=Spirit Temple
Forbidden Underwoods (Not this place :D )=Forest Temple
Dragon Roost Cavern=Fire Temple/Goron Mines
Greatfish Isle=Zora's Domain
The cave Jabun was hiding in=Water/Lakebed Temple (Meaning Outset is somewhere just above it)
Savage Labyrinth=Cave of Ordeals

That's all I can really get off the top of my head. If you have any ideas about this, if you think I made an error, or you just want to question my logic, feel free to respond.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:49 am
Except that Nintendo thinks things can be moved around at their every whim. :P

And, Wind Waker is in the Adult Timeline not the kid one (which Twilight Princess is apart of). Though, yes, some of them are still quite obvious despite that bit. Such as Dragon Roost being Death Mountain and Forest Haven...still, it seems that wherever the people of Hyrule fled became their new home, no matter how close it is to the original (Windfall is on the other side of the map from where Kakariko is in Ocarina of Time...though closer to Castle Town...hmmm...) Also, the too Temples (Earth and Wind) I believe or two new temples because the sages in them are for a very specific perfect; a.k.a. powering up the Master Sword/giving it the power to destroy evil. The other sages (the ones in Ocarina of Time and probably Twilight Princess) were in charge of locking Ganon(dorf) up and traping him...[if I remember correctly]. Thus, the Wind Sage and Earth Sage got new temples because they fulfilled a different function and so, those temples were built probably in the time between Ocarina of Time (adult Timeline) and the Great Flood before Wind Waker...(yes that means that Ganon probably killed them even before the Great Flood...)

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:50 am
Quote:
And, Wind Waker is in the Adult Timeline not the kid one (which Twilight Princess is apart of).

serious question: why does the Twilight Princess have to take place in the child timeline? I tend to put it right after adult/deleted link timeline, as Link seems to have no real connection to the Hero of Time. Also, they all have the Triforce already, and unless there's another game in between that tells that Ganondorf loses his Triforce, I don't understand the logic. If you can enlighten me, that would be brilliant.

Quote:
(Obvious one) Tower of the Gods=Temple of Time (Because of it's proximity to Hyrule Castle)

I don't think it is the Temple of Time, but it's a good theory....

"Time, like space, although a dimension in itself, also has dimensions of its own." ~Viki, DR. WHO

"Seek you the world? Seek you power? Does your soul despise peace and thirst for more? Does your soul cry for destruction and conquest? We grant you power to ruin the world. The power of darkness. Evil spirit of magic trident. You are the King of Darkness."

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:37 am
The Great Ahtnamas wrote:
Quote:
And, Wind Waker is in the Adult Timeline not the kid one (which Twilight Princess is apart of).

serious question: why does the Twilight Princess have to take place in the child timeline? I tend to put it right after adult/deleted link timeline, as Link seems to have no real connection to the Hero of Time. Also, they all have the Triforce already, and unless there's another game in between that tells that Ganondorf loses his Triforce, I don't understand the logic. If you can enlighten me, that would be brilliant.

Ummm...Hero's Shade? :P The reason that Ganondorf has the Triforce are rather left unexplained. My best guess is he somehow was either granted it or still got into the sacred realm. The Hylian goddesses are known for their divine pranks in the series so it could be either. xD

And this: http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subac ... =&ucat=19&

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm
Quote:

serious question: why does the Twilight Princess have to take place in the child timeline?

It's got that scene, innit. Ganondorf and those sages, and then he's having none of it and mercs them back. The idea is child Link after OOT went right up to the King and said "He's a wrong-un, that green geezer", so the King sends him off down desert way where we pick the story up.

...or am I?

Say what you like about Skyward Sword, but it does NOT look like a silly lollipop.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:12 am
Quote:
Ummm...Hero's Shade? :P The reason that Ganondorf has the Triforce are rather left unexplained. My best guess is he somehow was either granted it or still got into the sacred realm. The Hylian goddesses are known for their divine pranks in the series so it could be either. xD

I felt that the Hero's Shade was the Hero of Time, but I also feel that a shade could move from time to time--especially the Hero of Time. If it was after the OoT adult Link side, then Ganondorf still has the Triforce in his hand (and now a nice little quote from him comes to mind: "...I will exterminate your descendants! As long the Triforce of Power is in my hand...."). Without intense use of the Triforce, or the pieces become distantly separated, the symbol of the Triforce has been known fade so people won't know it's there. Of course the sages would call it a Divine Prank! An evil that never should be set upon the world--and had died only moments before--came back to life with immense power--a power they couldn't begin to stop. Of course they would call it a Divine Prank! It wasn't fair, and it was out of their favor that it happened.

Quote:
It's got that scene, innit. Ganondorf and those sages, and then he's having none of it and mercs them back. The idea is child Link after OOT went right up to the King and said "He's a wrong-un, that green geezer", so the King sends him off down desert way where we pick the story up.

And my big question--not necessarily from you, but possibly Nintendo--is how could Link come in and tell the King that Ganondorf is lying if Zelda couldn't even convince her father of such a thing? Link did sneak in to see his daughter and all. And even if they could convince him that Ganondorf was after something, Ganondorf didn't have it and there was no proof that he was going after the Triforce except for Zelda's dream. And my other question is How could they kill Ganondorf in the desert--his own land? And why was Arbiter's Grounds there, since it was a prison run by the Hylians for the worst criminals of time. There are no Gerudo in the Desert in the Twilight Princess, and I feel that, after the OoT on the Adult side (judgement based on the credits scene where everyone is at Lon Lon Ranch dancing in victory--including the Gerudo), the Gerudo grew into Hylian society. When Ganondorf comes back, all his people are gone. In Four Swords Adventures, the Gerudo still exist in the desert, and we all know that TP comes before FSA somewhere in the timeline, so FSA must be in the opposite timeline as TP.

"Time, like space, although a dimension in itself, also has dimensions of its own." ~Viki, DR. WHO

"Seek you the world? Seek you power? Does your soul despise peace and thirst for more? Does your soul cry for destruction and conquest? We grant you power to ruin the world. The power of darkness. Evil spirit of magic trident. You are the King of Darkness."

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:36 am
Everything unrelated to wind waker belongs in the child timeline. The adult timeline goes strictly and directly to wind waker and its sequels. Then the timeline becomes a linear puzzle on the child side.

Also yes, just about every island you listed it actually intended to be those locations. It's not any new information.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 pm
Quote:

And my big question--not necessarily from you, but possibly Nintendo--is how could Link come in and tell the King that Ganondorf is lying if Zelda couldn't even convince her father of such a thing? Link did sneak in to see his daughter and all. And even if they could convince him that Ganondorf was after something, Ganondorf didn't have it and there was no proof that he was going after the Triforce except for Zelda's dream. And my other question is How could they kill Ganondorf in the desert--his own land? And why was Arbiter's Grounds there, since it was a prison run by the Hylians for the worst criminals of time. There are no Gerudo in the Desert in the Twilight Princess, and I feel that, after the OoT on the Adult side (judgement based on the credits scene where everyone is at Lon Lon Ranch dancing in victory--including the Gerudo), the Gerudo grew into Hylian society. When Ganondorf comes back, all his people are gone. In Four Swords Adventures, the Gerudo still exist in the desert, and we all know that TP comes before FSA somewhere in the timeline, so FSA must be in the opposite timeline as TP.

Well, we don't have to see every single thing to believe it's how it goes. Like, having been in that future I imagine Link probably got a fair idea of what exactly went down when Ganondorf took over. Kid Link's got the knowledge, so he goes up to Zelda and is all like "Let's not let it happen, tell yer dad all this so I can go and get turned into a treeperson", the King gets told and investigates and is all like "Stone the crows, he was planning it all along!". So they send Ganondorf down the desert because that's the place for sorting that kind of thing. They have a patch for it.

I'll tell you what gets me about the ending scene: there's all those Kokiri knocking around. The Deku Tree was a lying sod when he said they couldn't leave the forest without dying. The Kokiri are a bit odd, really. Like, they're humanshape. In Termina, the forest folk are the Dekus, whereas in OOT's Hyrule, the Dekus are just enemies that crop up like they're Stalfos or whatever. How's the Deku Tree related to the Dekus then? They've both got that word; does that indicate a species connection or is it just a foresty word for allsorts?

There's a lot going on in Zelda.

...or am I?

Say what you like about Skyward Sword, but it does NOT look like a silly lollipop.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:08 pm
I honestly think that Outset Island is where Lake Hylia used to be. And everything else you said about the other islands is also agreeable.

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm
My take on it is its Hundreds of years later and the Link you play as is a great great grandson because you have to recollect the triforce of Courage but for Ganondorf i dont know hes a pedobear so i dont know about him

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 pm
Tasohero wrote:
My take on it is its Hundreds of years later and the Link you play as is a great great grandson because you have to recollect the triforce of Courage but for Ganondorf i dont know hes a pedobear so i dont know about him

The game says that Link isn't a decendant from any other Link. That's why people put WW in the adult timeline where there's no Link in the end.

Administrator

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:47 am
I agree with most of these, but I do have something to add about the Temples. When it's explained that you must awaken two sages to imbue the Master Sword with the power to repel evil, you're told that you can only enter them from the Great Sea above, because you are unable to travel to their normal entrances thanks to Ganondorf's dark shield thing surrounding the only way out of Hyrule Castle. This would mean that these structures existed before the Flood and also must have been their own respective buildings prior to it; but you could argue that names were changed around and junk, thanks to the strong connection between the temples and the ones you mentioned from Ocarina of Time.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:18 pm
Quote:
The game says that Link isn't a decendant from any other Link. That's why people put WW in the adult timeline where there's no Link in the end.

Not true; they didn't say that he wasn't a descendant. So much time had passed between the Hero of Time's journey and the Wind Waker that no one knows what happened to the hero's lineage. Still, the argument is valid.

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:08 pm
Quote:

Not true; they didn't say that he wasn't a descendant. So much time had passed between the Hero of Time's journey and the Wind Waker that no one knows what happened to the hero's lineage. Still, the argument is valid.

Actually they did. It's in the scene where the King of Red Lions talks to Jabaun. He states that link is not a decendant but he believes Link can do the job anyway.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Islands in the great sea • Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Quote:
Actually they did. It's in the scene where the King of Red Lions talks to Jabaun. He states that link is not a decendant but he believes Link can do the job anyway.

Point taken. sorry.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]