View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? 
Terminian Captain

Post Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 pm
Another great zelda remake would be fantastic and I would take this over a spirit tracks sequel ANY DAY

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/07/23/ni ... ds-remake/

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:38 am
1. I have no surprise or glee for this as I have assumed it would happen ever since OoT3D.

2. I want a Spirit Tracks sequel on the 3DS....

Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:03 am
1. I would love to see MM remade, and I would hate what Nintendo would to do the characters/dialogue. Dark plots seem to be taboo at Nintendo these days.

2. BX can take his Spirit Tracks sequel and mail it to Belgium.

~Samuel Clemens

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:25 am
Why would I mail it to Belgium?....I would play the damn thing.

EDIT: You realize if OoT and MM can be played on the 3DS, they could definitely make a Wind Waker style remake or sequel to Spirit Tracks.

Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:22 am
I would be in love with a Majora's Mask remake, I find that I enjoy portable Zeldas much more, as they are played with ease... Heck, I beat Ocarina of Time 3DS faster than I ever did on a console version, it's just convenient. A portable Majora's Mask would help me finally play the game again and beat it more than the once I ever have :P.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:29 am
I agree with ZE. DL, ocarina of time is an untouched game as far as darkness goes. You really think they'd downgrade the game's darkness? If they were really about that today they would have changed the game on the virtual console release, which they didn't. Anyway, nintendo brings up a good point though, a portable majoras mask allows you to close the DS and actually take a break when you want...it doesnt force you to sit down and play all the way through a dungeon and hurry for the time limit, you'll actually be able to stop the clock and continue playing later.

Also i like bx's point about wind waker(since a 3ds is above gamecube) because they really could make a really good wind waker esque game. If they did a spirit tracks sequel it would need to be completely new though, i dont want anything phantom related or primarily focus on vehicles anymore. They had a great 3 games with boats/trains but i think its time they try a fully foot-explorable overworld on the portable.

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:42 pm
Seems like the next logical step. I may not have a 3DS, but I can think of a couple things they could add. Those hint stones might be out since MM is built more on exploration, sidequests, and the people more than the actual dungeons. Boss Rush is a given, but a scene select might be nice since there are some scenes that only play once during the course of the game (Stone Tower being purged of darkness, the pirates being sucked into the hurricane around the Great Bay Temple, etc.). A reward of something on the main menu once the Bomber's Notebook is filled could also lure in vets of the game. Maybe a character gallery? You know, something worth going after. Even a brief bio of all the characters would be cool.

As for what to do in the game itself, they couldn't change anything significant without fouling up the atmosphere. It'll be the same game they had on the N64, GCN, and VC with maybe a few tweaks to the game itself. I'm more curious about the extras. <_<
/stating the obvious

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:40 am
They'd add more Heart Pieces and probably more side quests or something to get those new ones. Especially with the 5 Heart Piece rule now in place...if they add new things because of that, they'd have to add new characters and/or masks to make sure they don't miss up the old ones.

I wouldn't mind a WW remake myself...and possibly a prequel to ST and sequel to PH...*coughs* As long as I don't have to use the train or whatever all the time and can explore the land this time around. :/

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm
Were there five pieces of heart in Ocarina of Time 3D? I never heard anything about that... :|

~Samuel Clemens

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 pm
@Deku Lord - As far as I know, there was still 36 pieces. I think Tetromino's getting at the formula that Twilight Princess started. Highly doubt they'd add more Heart Pieces to MM though. >_>

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 pm
Oh sorry, that's my fault, she probably thinks that cuz when I first got the game I thought this was the case, I later realized the design was really misleading and I happened to miscount my heart pieces to the heart container twice :| so yeah that was a mistake on my part and totally my bad <_<"

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm
With the success of OoT 3D I'm thinking that this might be a possibility. Even if there were few to no intentions of remaking MM for the 3DS before now, I'm certain the concept is on the table at Nintendo. Nintendo announced last week that OoT 3D has sold over a million copies worldwide and 3/4 of 3DS owners have a copy of the game. In the wake of such an amazing success of a port for a very expensive console before the price drop, and in the summer so far away from the holiday shopping season, I'm sure more than a few developers at Nintendo are becoming more open to the idea of attempt to strike gold twice by remaking MM.

For any updates, MM is definitely a game that I would want some updated dialog and story added to. There is so much character development and mystery in that game, it keeps me playing just to see what else I can learn. While we are told that limited memory issues on a cartridge caused a lot of story to be left on the cutting room floor in favor of the gameplay and graphics, I would hope that all that was cut from the final game might be added back to a 3DS version.

Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:01 pm
Djinn wrote:
While we are told that limited memory issues on a cartridge caused a lot of story to be left on the cutting room floor in favor of the gameplay and graphics, I would hope that all that was cut from the final game might be added back to a 3DS version.

I was unaware of this. I suppose I'd definitely be on board for an MM remake, then. :|

~Samuel Clemens

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Possible Majora's Mask 3DS Remake? • Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 am
How could you trick me Zzim? *unfriends forever* D:

Hmmm, and then you'll need to get one two...though, I'm not sure, would they include all that or just leave alone because they don't want to mess with a classic game. It'd be nice, but they hardly changed anything for OoT 3ds...:/

*refriends Zzim* xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]