View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Rage/Quit - Personal Zelda Blunders 
Administrator

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Personal Zelda Blunders • Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:45 am
Skyward Sword

Spoiler: show
I'm not really sure when I realized it, but in the closing Acts/Dungeons of the game I knew I would be greatly disappointed. I wanted to quit just to avoid the inevitable: the most lore-friendly Zelda game would explain nothing to fans because it was motion controls first, story second. We were promised the origin of the Master Sword and Ganon, we got it... but that was it. Things we hadn't already been told or figured out.

Just *Navi*.

For actual in-game events that made me want to quit: all of the fetching quests, nearly all instances in the game involved hunting and collecting x-amount of an item. The Song of the Hero? Collect the notes, collect your items, collect a special fruit from a tree. Earning the right to advance? Goddess Trials where you COLLECT things. I can understand this bull*Navi* in sidequests, but not the Main Quest, and definitely not the ENTIRE quest.

I could go on with minor/major annoyances with this game, but I've already beat all the arguments to death.

One final rage: Why does the intimidating run through the Sand Ship being attacked by a Kracken end with just... THAT THING. Seriously, who thought that creature was threatening in the slightest?

SS just never felt like a Zelda game with such a linear way of playing the game...

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Personal Zelda Blunders • Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 pm
Twilight Princess: Arbiter's Grounds

That place scared me. With all the redeads and everything. When I was looking for Poe Souls, I was using Link's senses. I was also looking through first person view. I turned around, and saw a Stalfos. It scared me. And it happened more than once.

Skyward Sword: The Imprisoned

I hate this fight. Especially the third stage. In the Lightning Round, it was really easy to miss
landing on it's head after Groose's bomb supply was cut off.

The Thunder Dragon wouldn't stop putting The Imprisoned as one of the first ones for the Hero Mode round. But I hate the
kraken thing from the Sand Ship even more.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2