View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Those Little Things [SS spoilers] 
Sub-Administrator

Post Those Little Things [SS spoilers] • Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 pm
...that make Skyward Sword less fun...

So, yeah, those little things that just make this new Zelda game a pain (in the arse) to get through. Or, at least, from my end of things. There's a part of it that just makes me want to through the game against the wall and just watch a Let's Play of it instead.

Yes, I'm P.O.-ed, can't you tell?

Weeeeeeell, anyways, what annoyed you guys? (Like swimming controls. Oh, gosh, you all probably know exactly what I mean. Those are horrible.)

(P.S., Mark End-game spoilers, meaning anything beyond Eldin Volcano death-stealth mission.)

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Those Little Things [SS spoilers] • Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:59 am
I never had too much trouble with swimming controls aside from the occasional point where I'd move the Wiimote too far away from the sensor bar. What really annoyed me was fighting Ghirahim, particularly in the fights where he latches onto your sword. I never really got a technique down for it, and so the battles ended up mostly being me flailing about to get Link away from him.

Also, are you going to tell us what part it was that made you rage, or are we to be left in suspense? :p

~Samuel Clemens

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Those Little Things [SS spoilers] • Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:29 am
Hey did you guys know, if you don't struggle to get your sword back from Ghirahim's grasp he can TAKE IT from you. He swings it around a bit and then chucks it at you.

As for my strategy with him, I felt side hopping a bunch and then jump attacking usually landed a hit on him. Although that may have been luck.

Aside from that, there are only two things I hate about SS:

Fledge and His Minigame.

and

Thrill Digger.

They can go burn in hell.

Administrator

Post Re: Those Little Things [SS spoilers] • Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:51 pm
There were quite a few things about SS that annoyed me, but not quite enough to give up.

1. Swimming controls: It was not necessary to have to control link with the Wii-Mote. The game was about swordplay with the wii-mote... why can't I just use my control stick underwater? I can WALK on land with it!

2. Removal of auto lock-on with long distance weapons. In Twilight Princess (Wii), if you lock on to an enemy and then use your slingshot you can fire immediately without aiming. This is not the case in SS, if you lock on and attempt to use your weapon, the lock is broken and you have to manually aim. I understand: that would be how real life works... but I think manually aiming is better utilized in PUZZLES, not combat.

3. The 'test' to learn how to use a spin attack with your loftwing. That was dumb.

There are plot points and puzzles that irritate me, but those are the main GAMEPLAY issues I had.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Those Little Things [SS spoilers] • Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:52 am
Actually, the easiest way to beat Ghirahim (for me, anyways) is too "Shield Bash" him until he grows overconfident (I'll say, for around 15 to 30 seconds, I'll figure out the timing later) and let's you attack. It always works, he can't predict your attack when you don't have your sword pointed at him, it seems, and it gets his reaction time off. :P That's why your side-stepping and sword jump tactic works, BeeX. He's quick, but still has weaknesses. :)

Is it funny how I never noticed that you could long distance Z-target in TP? >_> I just shot things.

Well, I really, really, really hate the flying game. It was just that I could get to 7 or 9 but never to 10 (okay, not until the last second on my last run. I'm just that...dramatic.) But seriously? Why couldn't 9 be enough! Grr. I can fly fine, I can hit the flying ones fine! I just could not do that stupid crappy game. >_> And then he degrades you after you lose it too...It's worse than failing a Silent Realm! D:

Also. The Harp mini-game and really anything with the harp. Really, they could've done more with it anyways, but they didn't. To me, it's the most disappointing instrument in the series and feels like they just throw it in their last minute so they could have an excuse extend the game. (Much like how I wanted more dungeons under the sea in WW, I wanted dungeons in the past in Skyward Sword. That would've worked beautifully, I think. It's like the developers didn't actually have all the time they needed for this game...xD)

Also, the Stealth Section on Eldin Volcano. Bah. Stupid stealth. <_<

I'll come up with more later...maybe. :P

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]