View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Operation Moonfall: Successful 
Administrator

Post Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm
As I'm sure everyone is aware: Majora's Mask 3D is definitely a thing.

I must say I am as excited as I expected to be when I finally read the news. I can't say I liked their choice of Majora's Incarnation for a trailer song, but hey, at least it's real. I'm hoping that Theophany, the creator of Time's End, uses this announcement for inspiration to complete Disk 2 of his soundtrack ;O.

Are you glad to see this remake finally announced? Were you hopeful for the silly notion it would be on the Wii U?

Rumours are currently penning a release date to February, but that's not quite 'Spring' in my books.

Discuss :grouphug:

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 pm
I kind of want a 3DS now just for this game and OoT 3D.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:43 am
I freaked out slightly when I heard the news. I'm glad it's on 3DS; if it were on the WiiU, that would be arguably more awesome, but would also mean that you couldn't take it on the road nearly as easily as OoT.

I, too, eagerly await Theophany's next album.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:31 pm
It seems that Nintendo is continuing a long line of kicking a dead dog. Sure it's neat, its just as someone who has done mostly everything in Majora's Mask, it doesn't seem like there will be anything there that I haven't seen already.

Administrator

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:21 pm
I agree, but I think it'll be nice to have a portable version of it. Who knows -- maybe they'll expand on the backstory a little. Or maybe it's better if they don't.

~Samuel Clemens

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:15 pm
They're adding two fishing ponds. That's at least two more new things than OoT3D got...(who doesn't wanna fish while the world is coming to an end?)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/17/ ... as-mask-3d

Beyond that, all I really want is a new soundtrack...like with WW...

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:04 am
So we finally got a release date from the newest Nintendo Direct: February 13, 2015. While I was deciding whether to hunt down the special edition with the Skull Kid statue, now I really don't know what to do thanks to the INCREDIBLE New 3DS that I must have.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/new ... 60985.aspx

Too bad it's going to be impossible to find T_T.

I actually have that day off from work, so you'll know where to find me: weeping without any money D:

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am
Welp, ain't that a kick in the head. Two of many great Zelda games.... But no 3DS. T_T -Le sigh- i so need a job.

And seriously, I luv the fact that Majora's Mask is portable along with OoT, the just means more epic Zelda Awesomeness, where ever you are and whenever you want it.

Dance Break!
:%

Administrator

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:59 pm
As much as I love the cover art on the new 3DS (and I seriously love it to death), the rest of the thing isn't stylized at all. It's hardly worthy of being called a collector's edition, in my humble opinion. And the damn thing is already sold out of preorders. Scalpers have already taken to Amazon to sell it for over twice the MSRP. As somebody who was considering selling his old limited edition 3DS (the one that came with OoT3D) to get the inevitable MM 3DS, I'm rather disappointed by the lack of effort Nintendo seems to have put into it.

Excuse my grim tone. I'm still very excited for the game; I'm just disappointed by the excuse of a collector's edition console they're releasing with it. MM has been my favourite game for a good long time, and I have high hopes for what the dev team has cooked up for the remake.

Hell, before even publishing this comment, I stumbled across this article that I think takes a good attitude on the subject.

~Samuel Clemens

Banned

Post Re: Operation Moonfall: Successful • Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:34 am
Deku Lord wrote:
As much as I love the cover art on the new 3DS (and I seriously love it to death), the rest of the thing isn't stylized at all. It's hardly worthy of being called a collector's edition, in my humble opinion. And the damn thing is already sold out of preorders. Scalpers have already taken to Amazon to sell it for over twice the MSRP. As somebody who was considering selling his old limited edition 3DS (the one that came with OoT3D) to get the inevitable MM 3DS, I'm rather disappointed by the lack of effort Nintendo seems to have put into it.

Excuse my grim tone. I'm still very excited for the game; I'm just disappointed by the excuse of a collector's edition console they're releasing with it. MM has been my favourite game for a good long time, and I have high hopes for what the dev team has cooked up for the remake.

Hell, before even publishing this comment, I stumbled across this article that I think takes a good attitude on the subject.

Wouldn't be a problem if they brought the regular New 3DS XL to North America. The Majora's Mask faceplate is much cooler than the Limited Edition XL: (http://i.imgur.com/ESBRmiD.png)

I went ahead and panic-ordered one of the LEMM3DSXLs; I was one of those people that got one in the first 15 minutes, but even I didn't realize how fast they would run out, and I was expecting them to go pretty quick based on how fast the game bundles with the special edition Skull Kid statues sold out.

I don't even really want it; I want the regular New 3DS with a Majora's Mask faceplate. I can't decide to keep it or sell it for twice its original price so I can buy an American XL and a foreign regular. Though, if NoA were to stop being morons and bring the regular model over here, I'd just sell it for what I paid for it; if I can buy the New 3DS I want, any other course of action would make me feel too much like a reseller.

Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]