View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Favorite Zelda Game 
Zora Guard

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Mine's The Wind Waker. It was the first Zelda game I've owned, and beaten. Also, in my opinion, it's the most fun.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 am
Can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. Mine is definately Majora's Mask, as much as I loved Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask is it's superior. It's like going from A New Hope to Empire Strikes Back. Sure, the first one is great, but the sequel is even better.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:59 pm
MM and WW both tie I just cant decide they all have different aspects WW was really fun and my first game in which I tortured pigs. MM was awesome and I liked the feel of it masks were cool and sidequests were everywere.Anyways here's the list MM WW (tie) Oot TP OA OS MC ALTTP PH AOL LOZ (Links awakenig is not mentioned since I dont have it.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am
My favorite game is "Twilight Princess"

Zora Guard

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:27 pm
May I ask how many of them you've played?

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm
I'm tied. Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and The Wind Waker.

Majora's Mask is like Ocarina of Time 2.0 in my eyes. It's the same people, the same general items, but in a new improved and awesome world with cooler but fewer areas. Plus, the plot was more..."awesome-full" to me. Majora is still my favorite boss.

Twilight Princess is a great experience in its own, even if it is similar somewhat to Ocarina of Time. I loved Ocarina of Time, so I see this improvement as a good thing.

The Wind Waker, in my opinion has the best exploration and overworld I have ever seen. I have had so much fun with just wandering.

provided that he's a good conductor?"

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm
Wind waker. It introduced me to zelda. And the graphics are stunning. The game play is neato. As soon as I beat it, I hunted down the collectors edition, (that one with majora's mask and ocarina of time), and I'm on the verge of kicking ocarina of time's you-know-what. My second favourite is probably ocarina of time actually. 3rd place goes to Majora's mask. Have I mentioned how much I hate MM's water temple?

"...It's not going so well. I lit myself on fire." -Caboose.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:45 pm
My favorite zelda game is Wind Waker! I thought that game was epic, and cool!

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 am
i luv oot, i first played it when i was 5 yrs old, haven't finished it yet.
with my mario games if i can't finish it within a month i ditch it forever. but with oot (and loz games in general) you don't have to do JUST THE STORYLINE.
and i haven't played many games (not that old yet) but i luv the storyline and graphics in oot most.
majora's mask is a great game if you just wanna play around clock time like a normal terminan the whole time, which i find insanly amusing. dunno y.
so overall, obviously oot.

Because holding a grugde to anyone is selfish
And being selfish is not being strong
It's weak.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:49 am
Majora's mask was definitely my favourite it was revolutionary and had so much stuff to do and was the benchmark for 3d adventure games
Pure fricking genius :P

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:51 pm
Illegalkid.7 wrote:
Majora's mask was definitely my favourite it was revolutionary and had so much stuff to do and was the benchmark for 3d adventure games
Pure fricking genius :P

Pfft. Despite the required expansion pack the game required, I really didn't see much of a difference in graphics between Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:17 am
My Favorite, OoT and the counter-part Master Quest. First Zelda game ever completed. I've literally beat it 100+ times.

A close second is ALttP. This was actually the first Zelda I've ever played. I was 11 at the time and didn't understand it, but I replayed it later after beating OoT. Ive probably beaten it 20+ times.

MM was a good game, Deff on the top 5 list with TP. MM is the only game you see Link become a "God". TP didn't like being a wolf. Other than that FANTASTIC GAME. SS also on top 5, only game to upgrade weapons the way it does.

Administrator

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:31 pm
Apparently I have not posted in this topic for 4 years... And with Skyward Sword released (Man, I sure am saying that a lot today), I do have to update my favourites list.

The pre-SS list looked a little something like this:

1. A Link to the Past
2. The Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. Link's Awakening
5. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
-------------------------------------
6. Oracle of Ages
7. Twilight Princess
8. The Legend of Zelda
9. Ocarina of Time
10. Spirit Tracks
11. Oracle of Seasons
12. The Minish Cap
13. Four Swords Adventures
14. Phantom Hourglass

Where the games starting at #10 and below are essentially tied. There isn't a Zelda game that I 'hate', or could truly say was my least favourite. So the list 1 - 9 accurately contains the ones I consider 'most superior'.

A Link to the Past was my second Zelda experience, after the original for the NES. However, my experience with this game occurred when I was quite young, so a large factor to why this game is so high comes from nostalgia. BUT! I now have further reason to herald this as my favourite/the best, due to the following:

This was the first game to truly give a backstory to Hyrule's creation (The Gods, the Triforce, and the introduction of the Sacred Realm)
This was the game that introduced everyone's favourite blade: The Master Sword
This was the game that first introduced the dual worlds cliche we now see bleeding EVERYWHERE in the media.
This was the first game in the series to really have an ongoing plot, as well as having more than one main antagonist
The dungeons were creative and many staples of the series (3 trials, best sword, even more trials) (the Hookshot, the bottle mechanic, etc.) were first introduced in A Link to the Past.

So ALTTP stands as my favourite (still to this day as you will see with my post-SS list), both for nostalgia and how vital it was to establishing the vast majority of game mechanics/story mechanics that all future Zelda fans would come to love. Sadly, not a lot of younger fans I've encountered even blink an eye at this game.

The Wind Waker has a large nostalgia factor paired with it as well, but I find my love comes from a mix of things. First, the graphics are amazing (despite a lot of naysayers) and work well for the atmosphere. You can tell a lot of skill resides with the development team because the 'cartoony graphics' of the game become sinister when necessary, such as in the Earth Temple. The other deciding factor relies on, minus Majora's Mask, the level of maturity found in the game's story.

I consider the story of Wind Waker to be darker than even that of Twilight Princess, the Zelda game that tried too hard to be moody and dark. Ganondorf develops into a deeper villain and his motives for desiring Hyrule are known: he wanted a better life than the one he was given in the Gerudo Desert. We meet our very first King of Hyrule, who by his own observation feels just as pitiful as Ganondorf, and the coming to age of a new Link is developed to its finest. Also, the final battle is delicious :P.

Majora's Mask: I cannot express my adoration for this game... so you all should just go play it and understand how grown-up the Zelda series can truly become. I have earned a new appreciation for it as I have grown older.

I'll stop ranting now.

Post- SS List:

1. A Link to the Past
2. Majora's Mask
3. The Wind Waker/Skyward Sword
4. Skyward Sword/The Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening

I still have yet to really let SS sink in, so it currently is doing a limbo with The Wind Waker, cycling between 3 and 4.

That is all. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:01 am
Quote:
i luv oot, i first played it when i was 5 yrs old, haven't finished it yet.

turns out i've finished after 10 years. lol its the best.

Because holding a grugde to anyone is selfish
And being selfish is not being strong
It's weak.

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Favorite Zelda Game • Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 pm
Now that I'm done with SS...so LIST TIME:

1. Wind Waker (unrivaled!) xD
2. A Link to the Past
3. Skyward Sword (LOOKITME!)
4. Majora's Mask
5. The Minish Cap

Now, explanation:

I have to admit, there are things that I hate about Skyward Sword. Swimming could've been better, certain quests and other parts could've been shrunk or changed. I really wish we got to use the claw-shot more. You should've been able to do dungeons in the past and seen the remnants of the ancient civilization even more. If one thing can be said, though, when the package was done I found that I enjoyed the experience and wished it would continue. I've not wanted that, really, since the WW. So, congrats to SS, it's in third place. Perhaps it'll stay there. xD

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next