View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The EDN Minecraft Server 
Sheikah Elder

Post The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:40 am
Maintenance is complete ahead of schedule. Thank you for your patience. :D

So, as a lot of you may know, Minecraft is epic.

So far, we've managed to get a bunch of you on, and you seem to like the direction the server is headed. So with this post, I'll declare the official opening of EDN's own public Minecraft server.

IP: 24.225.107.147
Map preview (partial) http://24.225.107.147:8123/

Getting started:
-Crafting recipes:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

-Data values: (in the future, I may add limited support for spawning objects. This will come in handy)
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Data_values

-Useful commands:
/kit {choose kit} [example: "/kit tools" will reward you with diamond-level picaxe, sword, hoe, shovel, and axe. (/kit will list available kits)]
/warp {location} (locations are given in game. Just use /warp {enter} for warp points)

/tp (teleports you to people)

-Useful hints
*Older machines have a hard time rendering whole areas. Set your fog/visibility to the smallest setting possible.
*Notebook computers (no video card) seem to have a really tough time with this game. If you have a spare flash drive laying around, you might be able to pull off decent gameplay using the TurboBoost function on a flashdrive, if it's available.
*finding your way in minecraft: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Tutor ... k_Markings (read the section labeled "Using Block Markings".

The server currently is going up and down almost daily. This will soon become once a week, and then seldom, as I am currently adding mods and fixing bugs. And if anyone cares:

Server specs:
-Java 6 (x64)
-Core i7 (8-core) 4.2GHz processor
-8GB dedicated memory
-Running on a 7200 RPM 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD. (Server is bad for solid state. Eats up sectors like nobody's business.)
-Gigabit connection

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Last edited by Anon E. Moose on Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 am
Forgot to mention to you guys, if you wanna take screens of cool stuff and post them, you may do so. :D

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm
You should put a link of all the screens you took on here. Also, please update the warp list, there's warps that I can't remember and warps i've tried on that list that no longer exist or something, so yeah :P

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am
I'll update it later. I don't wanna re-write 82 warp points. (and then erase some from the list because they're sekrit)

*Edit* Found this earlier. Me and Zetsu were on the server when it happened.

Attachments:
mcodd.png
mcodd.png [ 61.75 KiB | Viewed 6408 times ]

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 am
I didn't see it myself but this is some real creepypasta stuff going on. It only said akka and I were on too.

also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVfiw7ltJeg (most legit looking I've found but there are others)

it's happened before apparently and comonly know as 'Him'.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 am
Holy crap!!! That's some scary *Navi*!!! Man I wish I could experience this...what does he do? Just stand there? It looked like he killed that guy in that video.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:07 am
I'm pretty sure the guy in the vid tripped and fell running away. He did kill akka however.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:43 am
That's so creepy. Why did they even add that O.O

Hylian Knight

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:33 am
Because it's freaky and awesome :P Kinda like how you find shiny Pokemon! It's something to tell your nerd friends about :D

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Important update!

Colored wools work now! In addition, we now have the ability to go to the great beyond! That's right! I'm talking about the NETHER!

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 am
As you all may know, the MC server has been down. I have, as of today, started re-working the configuration for the server, and will be testing through this week. There will be a complete refresh for the server, but fear not, all your precious work has been saved, and will appear in a world with a new title.

List of features:
-The return of Flashlight!
-Better protection from griefing.
-Server whitelisting. (to not let those nasty buggers in)
-The Nether (probably with some cool stuff loaded in it.) I do need opinions on whether you want mobs or not, so it's up to majority vote.
-Inventory control & protection. (You have the power to protect your chest, but mods and admins may peer into your chest.)
-Admin/mod defined area protection.

Hope I haven't shaken your confidence in me guys. All will be well.

Zora Guard

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:57 am
I was just wondering what our stance on mods was. For example, I've seen some absolutely CRAZY stuff... like:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=90494

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=80644

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 5&t=107018

Especially the Runecraft one which is just mental. I am always one to stick up for plain Vanilla stuff especially since Notch is particularly opposed to mods last time I heard. Just wondering on opinions is all. :D

Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:46 am
I vote vanilla, especially if we're going to keep the old hacked up world. I'd also like to see mods and mobs like the troll and tortoise, which seem like they can be rather useful.

*Edit: Just watched the demo of that runecraft pack, and it looks intense. The functional books would add some nice atmosphere, too.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:09 pm
These mods are all SSP it looks like. If you'd like to recommend some SMP mods, check out the Bukkit Plugins page here: http://forums.bukkit.org/forums/plugin-releases.17/

What you recommend may not make it into the server, but rest assured, I'll see what you've posted, and I'll add what I think would be good for the future of the server. Expect the server back up tomorrow, and the new server up sometime soon. Building my desk in the garage the last couple days proved to be time consuming, but all it needs now are some finishing touches, and I should be operational tomorrow. Wish me luck guys!

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Minecraft Server • Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 pm
Ok, I know a lot of stuff is not working, or is not like it should be. Please post what you see is broken if it is not on this list:

Global:
-There is only one kit available. There will be more
-commands still need configured, and users need put into groups.
-dyed wool cannot be replicated by /give.
-wood types cannot be replicated by using /give.

Dramander:
-mobs spawn where they should not.
-aricity needs to be raised by 1 block and have bedrock under it.

Nether:
-None

Old (classic world):
-warps need added back in.

Test:
-none

Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next