View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 3DS Now $170 
Terminian Captain

Post 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:06 pm
Now everyone quit your whining and go buy this fantastic device.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/118/1184670p1.html

Hylian Knight

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 pm
$170 is still kinda a steep price for people without jobs and a steady income. Especially those who are happy with the consoles they have, and have no real interest in the current game line-up, (I mean OoT3D sounds great and all, but not everyone would invest over $200 bucks to revisit a title they may already have).

Terminian Captain

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:24 am
BeeX wrote:
$170 is still kinda a steep price for people without jobs and a steady income. Especially those who are happy with the consoles they have, and have no real interest in the current game line-up, (I mean OoT3D sounds great and all, but not everyone would invest over $200 bucks to revisit a title they may already have).

You can't ignore the massive game line-up they have for the rest of 2011.

Hylian Knight

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:29 am
That point is still quite moot. For every game there is definitely people who won't buy it. No matter what 'impressive' lineup there is, you can't just TELL someone to bye something unless they actually WANT to.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 am
BeeX wrote:
That point is still quite moot. For every game there is definitely people who won't buy it. No matter what 'impressive' lineup there is, you can't just TELL someone to bye something unless they actually WANT to.

Ummm. Okay. Lol. I guess persuasion and convincing is forbidden here...

Hylian Knight

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:10 am
The day: "Now everyone quit your whining and go buy this fantastic device." becomes 'persuasion and convincing' is the day I stop eating cheese. Which is never......I'm gonna go have cheese now...

Terminian Captain

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:20 am
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/joke

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:55 am
Doctor Zzim wrote:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/joke

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bull*Navi*

To be honest your "demanding that people do things" is a little annoying.

Administrator

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:12 am
Oh look, spam. Completely ignoring the argument, this topic should get back on topic.

I don't see myself buying a 3DS, even if Nintendo is reducing the price so much (not as much as in Japan, by the way). Despite the "impressive line up," I really don't have 170 bucks to burn on a new system, much less one that only has games I've already played; the fact that I own half of these games on the Virtual Console doesn't exactly serve to persuade me, either. Even if they were to release Majora's Mask for the 3DS, I'd need more; the fact is, Nintendo hasn't released anything new and intriguing for the 3DS and now everybody wants to keep playing the same games over and over.

Right now, the 3DS just isn't a worthwhile investment to me.

~Samuel Clemens

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm
Eh. As a rule of thumb, I tend not to invest money in a console with less than 7 or so games that I want. I still have OoT, OoT: MQ, MM, and StarFox 64 conveniently available. As nice as a price drop is, I can't see myself dishing out over $170 for a system with games I already have. :/ Granted, there are games for the 3DS that aren't re-releases, but they're still not enough to get me to start saving.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Terminian Captain

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 pm
On the first year they have:

Nintendogs + Cats
Super Mario 3D
Paper Mario 3D
Mario Kart 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Mercenaries
Resident Evil: Revelations
Animal Crossing 3D

And if you guys haven't seen trailers or LOOKED into these games you should. Because they all look really good. I'm tired of hearing about how it has no games when it's the exact opposite, nintendo is raping our wallets this year with this thing.

With remakes, we've got OOT, Star Fox, and Metal Gear Solid 3D, which are completely different experiences due to it being on the 3DS. I honestly can't even enjoy N64 OOT as much anymore. And if you guys think these 3 remakes are overpowering the 9 actual games I have listed there, then you didn't do your math right. And is this really BAD for a console that has that many games in its first year and already have some planned for the future, like Animal Crossing and Super Smoosh Bros. Not to mention the 3D classics, which look amazing.

Oh and hey, here's some more games I found coming out this year:

Kirby: Mass Attack
Tales of the Abyss
Sonic Generations
Proffessor Layton
Harvest Moon
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Bit Trip SAGA
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Transformers: War for Cybertron 2 (NOT based on the movie)
X-men Destiny
Clayfighter: Call of Putty
De Blob 2
Spider Man: Edge of Time

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:08 pm
Zzim, there are two maybe three games you listed that I'd want to get. The 3DS is a cool bit of tech but just isn't worth anything to me yet with so few games I'm interested in. Really there are few people who will want to buy every game come out on it.

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 pm
Zetsuyout wrote:
Zzim, there are two maybe three games you listed that I'd want to get. The 3DS is a cool bit of tech but just isn't worth anything to me yet with so few games I'm interested in. Really there are few people who will want to buy every game come out on it.

^ This.

The 3DS is great is you don't have access to the older games (or revisions like Master Quest) or if you want to see improved graphics on old favorites. Now I'll admit, the fact that the 3DS Shop has Link's Awakening available and Four Swords later on this year is pretty neat. It's a portable console focused on reviving/re-releasing/graphically revamping old games as well as bringing back old school characters (like Kid Icarus). It's a great idea, but the price is too steep for those who can turn on their N64, GameCube, or Wii and play something like Majora's Mask right now.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Terminian Captain

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 am
Lol see this is what baffles me, if you guys are so picky over video games then WHY are you even gamers?

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:34 am
Doctor Zzim wrote:
Lol see this is what baffles me, if you guys are so picky over video games then WHY are you even gamers?

This is horriby insulting. I'd ask to to take it back but I know you wouldn't.

If there is a game we don't feel like playing we don't have to play it. Considering that we would have to fork out our own money to get those games just makes them even less desireable and then on to of that the fact that we would have to spend a bunch of money just to have the opportunity to do so is absurd.

Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next