View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 3DS Now $170 
Administrator

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:01 am
I think the pricecut is great and that the games they're giving away free to those who purchased the 3DS beforehand is a very good thing, since many companies would probably never do such a similar thing in a similar situation. I bought the 3DS on impulse and promising myself that at least by Christmas I'd have SOMETHING enjoyable to play on it. Due to this I only have 2 games and I'm really only planning on buying Nintendo's First party material (Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus (maybe), etc.). To be honest, even with all this free junk coming my way, I still feel a little burned out of my 130 dollars (since I bought it within the first few days, before the first price cut of like 50 bucks), since I own most of those free games anyway.

Oh well. :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm
Doctor Zzim wrote:
Lol see this is what baffles me, if you guys are so picky over video games then WHY are you even gamers?

Dude, just because we're gamers doesn't mean we're going to play every game out there or race to get a re-release of something we already have. I'm happy as is with my current library and unlike you some of us actually like saving money for something other than video games. Like food or birthday gifts for instance.
We're "picky" because we're not about to waste money on something we don't want. We have to pay out of our own pocket for whatever we get, and we'd rather get a game we actually want instead of splurging on something that will only gather dust.

I'm sure the 3DS is fun, but until the price drops another 80 or so bucks and it gets more interesting games, it is just not worth it in my opinion.

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Zora Guard

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 am
You've listed the 3DS' lineup of games, and that alone sorta justifies why it's not worth getting one. None of those are particularly spectacular, innovative, and in many cases, aren't even fun to play. You might have some justification in the mario games being good, but Mario doesn't appeal to me, and stuff like Mario Kart is basically same old stuff each iteration.

I'd speculate that the 3DS remains not worth getting for another year at least. Not to mention that the system is in dire need of a refresh/rebuild. It needs a 2nd analog stick at the minimum, given all the 2nd analog stick addons they're making. Better battery life too in order to justify itself as a portable handheld.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 am
I was so excited when this was announced! I was scared my parents wouldn't get me one at the price it was at, but due to it being a lot cheaper, I know I'm getting a 3DS for sure. x3 And my DS Lite is kinda broken, so...yeah... Anyways, there are quite a few games that interest me, too. :3

OoT:3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Super Mario 3D
Paper Mario 3D
Mario Kart 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kirby: Mass Attack
Tales of the Abyss
Sonic Generations
Harvest Moon
Maybe even one of the Resident Evil games

:3 I'm so excited. x3

Administrator

Post Re: 3DS Now $170 • Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:43 am
For those of you who dropped a cash bomb on this system nearly a year ago: The GBA portion of the Ambassador Program has been released!

You can download any and all of:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit
F-Zero: Maximum Overdrive
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Metroid Fusion
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Although I own about half of these titles, I'm glad they included some games I've considered playing previously but never got around to. I'm going to give Fire Emblem a shot, and finally get to play Wario Land 4 and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Everything else I've played or currently own... not too sure about the F-Zero game or the WarioWare, so we'll see. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2