Loading...
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 4:43 am



Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 TOP 2 WORST GAMES 
Author Message
Hylian Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 pm
alright im going to tell you guys some of my least favorite games that are not really all that good and this is OPINION i am not basing this on facts but on what i think so dont go all batS$%t crazy on me

1. halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo ODST and I'm not sure about reach yet.
reasons: halo 1 was a good game because it was something new that not many people had played before but since microsoft is greedy they decided to milk the product and destroy all the fun in the game.
this is why i do not think that those games are good at all

2. monster hunter 3
reasons: i do not like the game play style and its not even a good story line just a grinding game to get better weapons to kill bigger monsters etc
that is why i don't like that game

3. modern warfare
battlefield had the idea first they just copied them

and when i think of more ill add it. now this is MY opinion on game reviews so ya i don't care if you comment but don't get angry about what i say cause games are really more personal opinion then facts. so you cant really judge a game to be all out terrible based on facts some people still like it.

_________________
Image

http://peterdsilva.com/


Profile
Terminian Captain
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 772
Location: Modesto, CA
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 pm
c01t wrote:
alright im going to tell you guys some of my least favorite games that are not really all that good and this is OPINION i am not basing this on facts but on what i think so dont go all batS$%t crazy on me

1. halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo ODST and I'm not sure about reach yet.
reasons: halo 1 was a good game because it was something new that not many people had played before but since microsoft is greedy they decided to milk the product and destroy all the fun in the game.
this is why i do not think that those games are good at all

2. monster hunter 3
reasons: i do not like the game play style and its not even a good story line just a grinding game to get better weapons to kill bigger monsters etc
that is why i don't like that game

3. modern warfare
battlefield had the idea first they just copied them

and when i think of more ill add it. now this is MY opinion on game reviews so ya i don't care if you comment but don't get angry about what i say cause games are really more personal opinion then facts. so you cant really judge a game to be all out terrible based on facts some people still like it.


I respect your opinion, but I just have a question: Why does copying/milking a product make it a bad game? I'm pretty sure that's an attack to the developers making the game, not the game itself. Just saying...like...for example if Halo 3 was the first halo game ever made would it still be one of your least favorite games? If modern warfare was made first would it still be one of your least favorite games? I mean there's lots of reasons to dislike Halo 3 and Modern Warfare, I personally don't care much for them either, but i'm nooot entirely sure that's really a reason not to like them, more of a reason to not like the people making the game. And again I respect your opinion, I'm not trying to attack you or anything so don't take this as an offense, I'm just kindly pointing this out for you.


Profile
Hylian Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:41 pm
Invaderzzim wrote:
c01t wrote:
alright im going to tell you guys some of my least favorite games that are not really all that good and this is OPINION i am not basing this on facts but on what i think so dont go all batS$%t crazy on me

1. halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo ODST and I'm not sure about reach yet.
reasons: halo 1 was a good game because it was something new that not many people had played before but since microsoft is greedy they decided to milk the product and destroy all the fun in the game.
this is why i do not think that those games are good at all

2. monster hunter 3
reasons: i do not like the game play style and its not even a good story line just a grinding game to get better weapons to kill bigger monsters etc
that is why i don't like that game

3. modern warfare
battlefield had the idea first they just copied them

and when i think of more ill add it. now this is MY opinion on game reviews so ya i don't care if you comment but don't get angry about what i say cause games are really more personal opinion then facts. so you cant really judge a game to be all out terrible based on facts some people still like it.


I respect your opinion, but I just have a question: Why does copying/milking a product make it a bad game? I'm pretty sure that's an attack to the developers making the game, not the game itself. Just saying...like...for example if Halo 3 was the first halo game ever made would it still be one of your least favorite games? If modern warfare was made first would it still be one of your least favorite games? I mean there's lots of reasons to dislike Halo 3 and Modern Warfare, I personally don't care much for them either, but i'm nooot entirely sure that's really a reason not to like them, more of a reason to not like the people making the game. And again I respect your opinion, I'm not trying to attack you or anything so don't take this as an offense, I'm just kindly pointing this out for you.


the reason i liked halo 1 because it was new if halo 3 was 1 i would like it because it was something new but since its not at all and just a copy i didnt like it. i dont really like games that take ideas from other developers and try to make it their own so technically modern warefare wasn't an original idea and halo i also didnt really like how the campaign was always the same thing.

_________________
Image

http://peterdsilva.com/


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: at that Bar in Clock Town
Gender: None specified
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:01 am
HylianPrincess, and everyone else, Im sorry that I said Final fantasy crystal chronicles was one of the worst games I played
I forgot about this Ren and Stimpy game I played once as a kid, on Sega, its such a horrible game.

_________________
Image Image


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Terra Australis
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 am
c01t wrote:
alright im going to tell you guys some of my least favorite games that are not really all that good and this is OPINION i am not basing this on facts but on what i think so dont go all batS$%t crazy on me

1. halo 2, halo 3, halo wars, halo ODST and I'm not sure about reach yet.
reasons: halo 1 was a good game because it was something new that not many people had played before but since microsoft is greedy they decided to milk the product and destroy all the fun in the game.
this is why i do not think that those games are good at all


This is pretty much exactly my oppinion of Halo though I think the first wasn't super groundbreaking but still not a horrible game and I also hate all the people who go on about its awesomeness.

Also:

Invaderzzim wrote:

I'm sorry but there is a factual truth to a game being good. I'm not talking about how you liked or disliked a part of the game because you thought his jetpack was cool or that the goop was stupid, i'm talking about development. How graphically advanced it is, the mechanics, the amount of gameplay, the difficulty, etc, and EVERYTHING that are factual parts of creating a video game. It takes work to make a game, not every single game is equally made obviously, some are given more work or have better features than others, factually and this makes them a good game. You can dislike the features and they may not be your taste, but a person who can't admit that they can see how other people would like it because it was made good, has issues. And I'm offended that you say I was yelling and crap, when you're reading text. And again, I'm not being stubborn, I'm trying to make you realize that in this case people should be saying they really didn't like sunshine, not that it was one of the worst games ever. Because that is outright, completely, factually: Incorrect. Like I said, it should be called "The games you dislike the most". Even if it was "The two worst games in your opinion" That doesn't fit the category. You can compare piece of crap games made by crappy developers and have an opinion on which one was more poorly made, sure, but with games like sunshine that were widely received as well-made games, no, I'm sorry, that doesn't belong here. So, zet, and everyone, I'm sorry I turned such a small thing into a giant paragraph but I'm just trying to make it clear why I'm stating what I'm stating. You can walk away and accept it or keep arguing facts. I don't want to debate, but these kinds of things really get on my nerves.

One more little thing, I'm not just defending this because I like Sunshine. I'll just as willingly say the same things to a game I don't like but know is a great game. Ex: Starcraft, Final Fantasy...



Like I said this is all about oppinion and facts don't come into it. I'm not trying to convert you, I don't care what you thought of it and I couldn't be bothered reading all that.
Also Tetromino already said to stop this debate so please don't reply to this again.

_________________
"The man that cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot." - Andre Breton


Profile
Zora Guard
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm
Posts: 246
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 am
Zetsuboubirri wrote:
This is pretty much exactly my oppinion of Halo though I think the first wasn't super groundbreaking but still not a horrible game and I also hate all the people who go on about its awesomeness.

Halo was "super groundbreaking" due to how they changed the nature of how you play FPS on a console.

1. Melee used to be a weapon you switched to. Now, it's a reflexive button. This changes the range at which FPS is played at, as traditionally in a game, say CS, you maintained maximum range to more or less sniper off an opponent. Halo's melee which EVERYONE uses now reduced it so that at any given time, even if you're a combat sniper, you have close range combat options against someone sneaking up on you, where as before, you'd have to change weapon and then die anyways due to the time it takes. After all, why CAN'T I smack someone with the stock of my sniper rifle? Even the almight Valve caved in and made melee a reflexive button for L4D. Game designers can now flood maps with more enemies and have them rush a player rather than hang back and shoot away, creating far more dynamic and smart AI.

2. Proper twin stick controls with a good balance of manual and auto aim. FPS before Halo on consoles had either buttons or poor stick implementations for controlling aiming and direction. Even when done right, a stick isn't as precise as a mouse, a fact of life. In other games, this was fixed to some degree by 'Z-targeting', but that removed the skill-based nature that a FPS represents. By making a hybrid, and a well-balanced hybrid at that of the systems, Halo making taking out an opponent a very satisfying thing. Not only did they make it easier to land that precision shot, but you still had to put in the effort to aim properly. They made shooting feel good on a controller without having to baby the player.

3. Health system. You hate it in every other game for the un-realism, but it works in Halo. The health system though changed how you played single player FPS. No more constantly cowering in fear, looking for the next medkit. You just wait a bit, and you're good to go. Players now have no reservations against risky maneuvers in games and you broke the stalemate that frequently occurs in a game like Goldeneye.

Halo is so ground breaking a game that you don't even remember what old console FPS garbage was like. People loved Goldeneye, but I always knew it had these issues. Aside from being grossly copied and over done, Halo stands as a testament that with enough effort, you can change the face of gaming forever. Hate the series all you want, but to say the game wasn't groundbreaking isn't very nice.

_________________
Image
PSN and XBL: TemjinZero (lemme know who you are when you add me!)
Co-Founder of Awesome Canadian Gamers Ventcast (A.C.G.V.)
Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!


Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: at that Bar in Clock Town
Gender: None specified
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:44 pm
I always liked halo :) ecspecially halo 3 : D

Its so fun to play online with like 16 people in 1 map. Me and friend shawn got on a warhog, (thats the four wheeler, that im talking about, if thats the right name) and we charged an elephant, that giant vehicle thats in the sand level. anyway, we totally rushed this elephant, and killed every single person on it. I felt like a god :)

anyway, whenever I played Goldeneye with my cousins, we always put the game mode on license to kill, which you would kill people in 1 shot, regardless of what you were using :) we sometimes put knifes in the game and had fun chucking knives to kill :)

_________________
Image Image


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Terra Australis
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:48 pm
TemjinZero wrote:
Zetsuboubirri wrote:
This is pretty much exactly my oppinion of Halo though I think the first wasn't super groundbreaking but still not a horrible game and I also hate all the people who go on about its awesomeness.

Halo was "super groundbreaking" due to how they changed the nature of how you play FPS on a console.

1. Melee used to be a weapon you switched to. Now, it's a reflexive button. This changes the range at which FPS is played at, as traditionally in a game, say CS, you maintained maximum range to more or less sniper off an opponent. Halo's melee which EVERYONE uses now reduced it so that at any given time, even if you're a combat sniper, you have close range combat options against someone sneaking up on you, where as before, you'd have to change weapon and then die anyways due to the time it takes. After all, why CAN'T I smack someone with the stock of my sniper rifle? Even the almight Valve caved in and made melee a reflexive button for L4D. Game designers can now flood maps with more enemies and have them rush a player rather than hang back and shoot away, creating far more dynamic and smart AI.

2. Proper twin stick controls with a good balance of manual and auto aim. FPS before Halo on consoles had either buttons or poor stick implementations for controlling aiming and direction. Even when done right, a stick isn't as precise as a mouse, a fact of life. In other games, this was fixed to some degree by 'Z-targeting', but that removed the skill-based nature that a FPS represents. By making a hybrid, and a well-balanced hybrid at that of the systems, Halo making taking out an opponent a very satisfying thing. Not only did they make it easier to land that precision shot, but you still had to put in the effort to aim properly. They made shooting feel good on a controller without having to baby the player.

3. Health system. You hate it in every other game for the un-realism, but it works in Halo. The health system though changed how you played single player FPS. No more constantly cowering in fear, looking for the next medkit. You just wait a bit, and you're good to go. Players now have no reservations against risky maneuvers in games and you broke the stalemate that frequently occurs in a game like Goldeneye.

Halo is so ground breaking a game that you don't even remember what old console FPS garbage was like. People loved Goldeneye, but I always knew it had these issues. Aside from being grossly copied and over done, Halo stands as a testament that with enough effort, you can change the face of gaming forever. Hate the series all you want, but to say the game wasn't groundbreaking isn't very nice.


Why is everyone picking a fight with me? T_T

I say it wasn't groundbeaking because to me it was just like any other FPS I'd played, I didn't notice anything like what you just said, this is probably due to the only FPS's I've enjoyed being non typical e.g. Metroid prime series, and I don't care enough for the genre to notice things like that.

_________________
"The man that cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot." - Andre Breton


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: at that Bar in Clock Town
Gender: None specified
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:53 pm
yes but remember, you werent the one that first commented on halo.
And banished link, HOW DARE YOU DISLIKE KINGDOM HAHTZ!?!??!

jk I havent played that game in ages and lost a lot of love for the series

_________________
Image Image


Profile
Hylian Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:15 pm
TemjinZero wrote:
Zetsuboubirri wrote:
This is pretty much exactly my oppinion of Halo though I think the first wasn't super groundbreaking but still not a horrible game and I also hate all the people who go on about its awesomeness.

Halo was "super groundbreaking" due to how they changed the nature of how you play FPS on a console.

1. Melee used to be a weapon you switched to. Now, it's a reflexive button. This changes the range at which FPS is played at, as traditionally in a game, say CS, you maintained maximum range to more or less sniper off an opponent. Halo's melee which EVERYONE uses now reduced it so that at any given time, even if you're a combat sniper, you have close range combat options against someone sneaking up on you, where as before, you'd have to change weapon and then die anyways due to the time it takes. After all, why CAN'T I smack someone with the stock of my sniper rifle? Even the almight Valve caved in and made melee a reflexive button for L4D. Game designers can now flood maps with more enemies and have them rush a player rather than hang back and shoot away, creating far more dynamic and smart AI.

2. Proper twin stick controls with a good balance of manual and auto aim. FPS before Halo on consoles had either buttons or poor stick implementations for controlling aiming and direction. Even when done right, a stick isn't as precise as a mouse, a fact of life. In other games, this was fixed to some degree by 'Z-targeting', but that removed the skill-based nature that a FPS represents. By making a hybrid, and a well-balanced hybrid at that of the systems, Halo making taking out an opponent a very satisfying thing. Not only did they make it easier to land that precision shot, but you still had to put in the effort to aim properly. They made shooting feel good on a controller without having to baby the player.

3. Health system. You hate it in every other game for the un-realism, but it works in Halo. The health system though changed how you played single player FPS. No more constantly cowering in fear, looking for the next medkit. You just wait a bit, and you're good to go. Players now have no reservations against risky maneuvers in games and you broke the stalemate that frequently occurs in a game like Goldeneye.

Halo is so ground breaking a game that you don't even remember what old console FPS garbage was like. People loved Goldeneye, but I always knew it had these issues. Aside from being grossly copied and over done, Halo stands as a testament that with enough effort, you can change the face of gaming forever. Hate the series all you want, but to say the game wasn't groundbreaking isn't very nice.


i dont think i said it wasnt ground breaking i did say it was something much different from other games when it came out which is why i liked it but if i offended you guys sorry i guess i just didnt think that 2,3,odst,wars was all that good but i do agree it changed a lot about fps games so sorry to all you halo lovers and all but i just didnt like it all that much :/

_________________
Image

http://peterdsilva.com/


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: at that Bar in Clock Town
Gender: None specified
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am
Everyone seemed to forget about CDI Zelda :D
And by the way C01T! I saw your epic new thread, and I plan on making many nice posts there :D

Nice long ones ;D
Tommorow.

And I love Paper Mario, and this game that I am about to mention is not the top 2 worst in my opinion, and heck, I still LOVED Super Paper Mario, but Im not going to lie and say that I was happy they changed it up.
The change is nice and refreshing, and I love using Bowser, but It was to drastic a change for the series. It was kind of an RPG turned 2D sidescrolling action clasher.

_________________
Image Image


Profile
Hylian Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Posts: 93
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 am
Sir.Link wrote:
Everyone seemed to forget about CDI Zelda :D
And by the way C01T! I saw your epic new thread, and I plan on making many nice posts there :D

Nice long ones ;D
Tommorow.

And I love Paper Mario, and this game that I am about to mention is not the top 2 worst in my opinion, and heck, I still LOVED Super Paper Mario, but Im not going to lie and say that I was happy they changed it up.
The change is nice and refreshing, and I love using Bowser, but It was to drastic a change for the series. It was kind of an RPG turned 2D sidescrolling action clasher.


:P

_________________
Image

http://peterdsilva.com/


Profile
Hylian Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 2474
Location: TIME WIZARD LAND!
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 am
Dead or Alive Paradise?!!? You actually bought that crap? that was the only game I've EVER seen get a double Zero score out of Ten on a videogame rating show I watch :P


Profile
Sheikah Elder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: at that Bar in Clock Town
Gender: None specified
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:18 pm
isnt that the beach volley ball game?

_________________
Image Image


Profile
Hylian Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 2474
Location: TIME WIZARD LAND!
Gender: Male
Post Re: TOP 2 WORST GAMES • Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:29 pm
It a game where you take pictures of girls on the beach......horrible game...


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.