View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Favorite Boss(es) 
Zora Guard

Post Favorite Boss(es) • Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm
(There may already be a topic for this, but I'm guessing it's long dead at this point. :P)

I'm sure everyone has a favorite boss fight (or several) that's really memorable for them. Feel free to list your favorite boss (or bosses) and why you enjoy that fight. I've got quite a few myself from a bunch of different games. In no particular order:

Metroid:
Mother Brain in Super Metroid was an awesome fight. The feeling of hopelessness you get when Mother Brain blasts away all of your health while you can't even get up, only to be saved by the giant Metroid really made it a memorable fight for me.
Omega Metroid in Fusion was another fight I enjoyed for similar reasons as the Mother Brain fight. Seeing one of the SA-X sacrifice itself trying to kill the Omega Metroid might have been one of my favorite parts of the game.
Emperor Ing from Prime 2 used to be the hardest boss fight for me, which is probably why I love it so much now. Almost no way to get more health during the final phase plus the phazon coating the edges of the room made it quite the fight.
The Metroid Queen in Other M. A fun fight overall, and kind of surprising before you know for sure what it is.
Phantoon in Other M. I really liked seeing (and fighting) him in a 3D game.

Legend of Zelda:
Trinexx in A Link to the Past gave me trouble for the longest time, even with me using potions and fairies. It felt really awesome after beating him knowing you were getting close to fighting Ganon himself.
Vaati in Minish Cap might be my favorite boss in any Zelda game.
Onox's true form in Oracle of Seasons. He caused me grief to no end until I eventually beat him. Challenging boss fights are usually some of my favorites.
Bellum in Phantom Hourglass, especially after possessing Linebeck.

WoW:
Yogg-Saron's hard mode is definitely one of my favorite bosses in WoW. The sanity mechanic of the fight made it very interesting (especially without the help of the Titans). Seeing half the raid go insane and start attacking the group made the fight get pretty crazy if people weren't careful.
C'Thun and the Twin Emperors before him were also awesome fights. While C'Thun is pretty easy to kill with the current level of gear, the Twin Emperors can be a hard fight for an uncoordinated group due to their healing ability. Being swallowed by C'Thun during his encounter was pretty cool. The best part of it would probably be the sense of power knowing you killed a god.

Misc:
King K. Rool in Donkey Kong 64.
Grunty in Banjo Kazooie. I still have trouble with that fight to this day.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Favorite Boss(es) • Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 am
i like all bosses in the legend of zelda franchise. except for a few. so ill say the only ones i hate are

the imprisoned from skyward sword
Barinade from Oot.inside Jabu Jabu's belly
Diabl TP forest temple
Helmaroc king from the Wind Waker after the temple of the Gods
Gleeok phantom hourglass

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]