View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Skyrim 
Administrator

Post Re: Skyrim • Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:10 pm
So... the most important question to pose.

Are you with the Empire or the Stormcloak Rebellion?

For my initial playthrough (and the subsequent make-up one) I decided to go the way of the Stormcloaks. I'm not entirely sure why though... Many times throughout the game you learn some...unpleasant things about Ulfric and his cronies. Spoilers if you haven't learned 'Dah' from the Greybeards.

- Diplomatic Immunity: When searching Elenwen's office you come across some papers that identify Ulfric as basically the Thalmor's sleeper agent. They secretly back the Stormcloak rebellion so that the Empire weakens itself even more - the ultimate goal being to assume absolute control of Tamriel.

- Various peeps: Alvor (sp) the Blacksmith makes mention that no one in Skyrim was really up in arms about the banning of Talos until Ulfric and the Stormcloaks started screaming about it. Some Jarls and various other characters mention that Ulfric's murder of the High King and subsequent rebellion isn't so much for the 'true sons and daughters of Skyrim' or to reinstate Talos, it's for his own lust for power. And really, the dude comes off as a bit of a snob, especially if you manage to do the mission 'Season Unending'.

Besides this outcry for Talos, I feel the Stormcloaks (even not including Ulfric's intentions) are the WRONG side. The Imperials/Empire only signed the White-Gold Concordat so that the war with the Thalmor would end, especially when it seemed they were going to lose, ie. they signed it so they could fight another day. Tullius and the Imperials are fighting the Stormcloaks first to protect Skyrim and its people, and second to keep them a part of the Empire, as the real enemy to BOTH factions would be the Thalmor.

So yeah.

Time to side with the Empire as an Argonian thief ;D.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Skyrim • Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 am
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
Time to side with the Empire as an Argonian thief ;D.

You mean a Lizardfos, eh? :P

And I'm surprised that you didn't realize that the Stormcloaks were wrong from the starts...I felt it was obvious. >_>

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Skyrim • Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 am
Yeah, I totally went empire because Ulfric is a massive douche. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Skyrim • Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:10 pm
Lucas finally got me to play it, and I have to agree that it's not a bad game. Unfortunately, I'm playing too many games already that I've put it off to the side. I'll probably only ever play it when I'm absolutely bored out of my mind. =/

Administrator

Post Re: Skyrim • Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:01 am
I think you just drop everything and play Skyrim, you won't regret it ;D.

I need to start playing again and attempt to complete as many Quests as possible on my 150 hr+ game @_@. Recently took a trek through a few holds and talked to the right people, and bam!, titled Quests! Plus I still have some Daedric Quests to accomplish.

Kinda makes me want to play Oblivion again >_>.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2