View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion 
Administrator

Post Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:32 am
Given that I began the discussion topic for the predecessors to these upcoming Pokemon games... I've started one for the sequels! Last month some big news was hinted at for Pokemon fans and it was soon delivered: the first truly Direct Sequel to a Pokemon game was going to be released, and not just one, TWO, though they're going to be pretty much the same you know :P.

Most people, myself included, were expecting an announcement for the third addition to Generation V, Gray, that would hopefully address some issues to be had in Black and White - my main gripe being a painfully inept Champion. Even if it were not Gray, many fans, myself included again, also expected news of remakes for Ruby and Sapphire, the last Generation not to see a 3D realized Region. (Kanto got the privilege in HeartGold/SoulSilver) Given that Nintendo and Game Freak must have known fan expectations, they really threw us for a loop by announcing the first ever direct sequel to a Pokemon game.

While many groaned and others cheered, I'm going to have to side with those excited to see the release of these games. Who wouldn't want a follow-up to what most consider the best Pokemon game plot? What new features will we see? How long after the originals will this game take place? Will you be in charge of a new protagonist? Will we find out what happens to N or Ghetsis? I can't say I'm too surprised after the fact, as Black and White introduced a lot of ideas/storylines that were not fully realized or took a backseat to the main story.

As more information is released, these games are coming out this Fall in North America by the way, either myself or one of you ambitious folk will post about it. For now I will link to the Bulbapedia page with pretty pictures and sparse info ;D.

Gotta say though... I was kind of looking forward to a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, especially one that really improved upon the originals (my least favourite Generation).

Discuss!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... Versions_2

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:40 pm
I agree. I would really like to see what happened to N after you had defeated him at the elite four. Though, if they don't change characters, I'll find it a pain in the butt to have to train my team again. Though, I'd also be a food chance to experience other POKeMON in the region and come up with new combos.

Have you seen the new forms of Reshiram and Zekrom for Black 2 and White 2?

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:14 am
Hmm, I remember hearing that it is a new character, though what I hope to see is a certain feature from Heartgold/Soulsilver return...like...ya know, Pokemon following you around. Since that was pretty darn sweet and kind of a let down that they didn't have it. Also, if they have seasons they should have a meaningful change in day/night. You know, like how Hoothoot came out at night and level ten Hoothoot slept in the trees. xD

Also, I think I still like the Platinum/Diamond/Pearl storyline more. Just, it kept me on my toes, Black and White didn't really manage to do that as well. Though, this can be blamed on ZE who SPOILED IT FOR ME. Grrr. Dude, what was wrong with you? D:

Everything.

Ummm, but really, I'd love to see these somehow be ten years later or something extreme. Everyone from the first game is now an adult! Yes! And a new, non-wimpy champion. And why not visit Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh!

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm
That would be quite amazing, being able to travel to different regions. Also, the whole feature with a POKeMON following you around in HGSS I have to agree on. A feature that would probably be nice to have in the new games would probably be the Vs. Seeker from D/P/Pt or the phone that you got in HGSS. I would also like to see a game where it is possible to all existing POKeMON in one game (and not something stupid like in Black and White where you can't transfer POKeMON over if they have learned a move via TM or HM). Though, that might be asking too much. At the very least, we should be able to get all the POKeMON available (like in Black and White) without having to sign up to a website first. :/

Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 am
A fair pile of new information was recently leaked. Check out the article here:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... ine_leaked

I must say that these games are turning out to be better than expected. While maintaining a 'third title' feel, they certainly will stand on their own two feet. New areas and drastic changes to landscape? Yes, please. New Gym Leaders and types? *Navi* yes. Possibility to have a showdown a-la Gold vs. Red from G/S/C? *mindexplosion*

I'm not a huge fan of the designs of the new characters, but having plenty more Pokemon to play with will stunt any superficial complaints. Seriously though, if Alder remains the stupid Champion I will flip burgers all over this crap. (wut).

Thoughts? ;O

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:59 pm
Only thing I can really say anymore os that I'm dying for this to come out.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am
Here is some more images/concept art/trailer for the game

http://andriasang.com/con0nt/pw_bw2_art/
http://andriasang.com/con0ns/pokemon_bw2_trailer/

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING

Starters Confirmed - http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/15/po ... confirmed/

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:13 pm
Well, I'm not really surprised to see that the starters have remained the same. :p I was maybe hoping for a situation similar to Pokemon Yellow, where a starter is either forced or the starters have been switched up. As tired as Eevee has been (Colosseum, XD, Yellow), I would have been giddy to have Eevee and perhaps a few other 'strange' choices for a starter Pokemon.

But like the Anime... everything remains cyclical. :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:21 pm
Hmm... Why is it that the female Trainer reminds me of Sailor Moon?

Anyways, this is probably the first time I've seen a really good picture of the new Reshiram and Zekrom. Quite stunning, though I like the original ones better. :P

Hmm... Time to start formatting team again. :geek: I think I'll start with Oshawott this time though... 8D

Zora Guard

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 am
Another trailer for you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... o7hUxQ0F04

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:09 am
I just love the idea of having a riolu in my party. :P

Though, if they add dragon type to snivy's line, that would be a bomb. You know it looks like a dragon...so why not? Who cares that it would be double weak against ice. It would so still be the best/second best starter ever. >_>

Wait, are those Rockets (at 1:26)? 0_o

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:07 pm
Rockets at 1:26 seems trivial compared to what I do believe is a combination of Tyranitar and Metagross at 1:23. This idea is strengthened a few seconds later, after the bit with the Rockets (or whoever they are).

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm
Those definitely look like Rocket members to me @_@. That'd be neato, seeing as the organization was supposed to FINALLY be defunct at the end of G/S/C. As for the Tyranitar-Metagross thing, if these are Rockets, they might be going an Anime route where it's just a machine... although having both Pokemon appear right after in a double battle basically confirms that there are other fusion possibilities :P.

I just hope they don't go overboard with this mechanic, or that it becomes a staple from here on in... a little cliche if you ask me.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 pm
I disagree on that point. Ever since I saw Venastoise in the anime, I've wanted them to make it a reality. Same with the Alakazam and Gengar from Pokeopolis. I think if they do it properly it can work out to be a fantastic mechanic.

Besides, we need some new pokemon that aren't childish. Something fusing the older, more awesome pokemon has my vote, particularly if they don't become overpowered death machines. ;P

~Samuel Clemens

Zora Guard

Post Re: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 Versions - Discussion • Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:01 pm
Will this game comes out in October in NA?

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/04/24/po ... n-october/

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next