View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 
Administrator

Post Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 am
Quite a long time ago I made a topic discussing games that you have never finished, and that for the most part you never plan to. Since that topic has fallen into obscurity, I thought I'd make an updated version akin to my Rage/Quit topic about Zelda blunders. Whether you have never finished certain games due to poor design, insane difficulty, incredibly long campaign/story, or what have you, post about the games that make you Rage for whatever reason and why.

This isn't so much a topic about games you just plain hate, this is a topic about games you may secretly want to finish, or failed to do so due to one minor/major flaw or segment.

Hate your little hearts out! ;D

For me:

I could probably list most of my NES library, but to keep things nice and simple here are a couple titles I really never want to attempt to finish

1. Battletoads: While a great game, I have never finished more than the first few stages due to insane difficulty and timing in Stage 3 @_@.

2. Ninja Gaiden 3: I've finished the first two games, but never ever this one. No continues? No thank you.

3. Mega Man: ... The Yellow Devil. It even has an evil word in its name.

For more modern games, I have a select few in my library:

1. Metroid: Other M: The voice acting... the general change in gameplay mechanics. The camera... the story. Samus. Just no.

2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: While I love Castlevania, I just can't get into this game no matter how hard I try. I feel like I've failed Patrick Stewart's soothing voice-over...

Discuss your rebellion against completing all the games in your library!

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 am
Superman 64. T_T;

Banned

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:08 am
I rarely ever give up on games (though I do commonly stop playing them with the intention to pick them up again later) but just yesterday I began playing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
I don't think I'll be picking it back up later.
Unless for some reason I become a total idiot that enjoys button mashing to achieve mindless violence and watching cutscenes that interrupt the game every five seconds most of which show the Prince doing something far cooler than what I get to make him do.

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:12 pm
@Taz - Wow. Okay, thanks for that. I've been eyeing wake-up juice:WW at GameStop since, you know, people seemed to like it. But if I wanted a button masher I'd pick up Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale again.

I also like completing every game in my library, sometimes raising the bar to insane levels and never finishing them for years.
Like:
Spoiler: show
Super Smoosh Bros. Brawl, 100% on SSE & all challenges for a single person to do; Star Ocean: Till the End of Times, a lot of trophies (look it up, many are outrageous); Tales of the Abyss, every costume title meaning taking on a bonus boss on Very Hard (which is a guide dang it like a lot of side quests).

The list of given up games is small, but...

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - Not sure if this counts. I tried, I really tried finishing this game and getting past the glitches, but couldn't. Still wondering how someone wrote a complete guide on it!

Spyro: A Hero's Tail - I got so far out from the starting point. Wasn't a problem until I realized I had no way back and stopped having fun (spiders!!). This on top of knowing that there was a lot I hadn't finished at the beginning bugged me to no end. If there was a shortcut back I didn't find it. :/

Spyro: Season of Ice - Oi... I couldn't make out how high anything was and died a lot trying to reach platforms from a distance, and the flight levels demanded perfection. As in "know what's coming" perfection. I quit.

Digimon World - One word: Numemon. Never got to the ending. The entire game is a guide dang it.

Digimon World 2 - Eh. I just...stopped. Not sure why. o_o I think the whole military feeling put me off.

Digimon World 3 - I try picking it up every once in a great while, but never get far. For starters, saving takes almost a full minute. That's no exaggeration. Second, encounters start to suck. Bluh. One on one. Third, you can get more partners, but it's boring trying to grind their levels up. Fourth, WILD GOOSE CHASES. Seriously! I know you're supposed to be in a game world, but come on! Fifth, long distances to travel for key items! Rawrg!

I still own that trilogy! Why? I don't know!

Digimon Rumble Arena - Could not figure out how to unlock other characters. Battles got boring. See a pattern here?

All that was a long time ago. AHT was the last one I quit in the same year it was released.

Hey ZE, what about a thread on games we hated but finished? :P

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Administrator

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:45 pm
Sniper: Ghost Warrior
-It's a great game with terrible, terrible mechanics. The concept is one that I'd looked forward to for quite a while, and it just gets dragged through the mud.

Anything by Rockstar
-I don't know what it is about Rockstar, but I just can't finish one of their games to save my life. They all feel like the same stale, urban environment to me.

...and I guess that's about it. I haven't run into many games I just can't stand.

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:36 pm
Quote:

Hey ZE, what about a thread on games we hated but finished? :P

Well, I may have to adjust my first post, since 'Games you can't stand' can include those types of games I suppose :p.

I would agree with Nean, never completing Superman 64, even with the level skip cheat @_@. I also have played a few Final Fantasy games but never finished them and never plan to. TMNT on NES, as well as Super Mario Bros. Lost Worlds (*Navi*).

Speaking of Spyro: Season of Ice, that was my first GBA game and I did actually finish it but now that you brought it up I sure hated that game for the ridiculous jumps. Heck, it is the first and only game I have ever considered selling out of my collection, which is a big deal for me @_@.

Time to blow your minds. I probably will never finish Portal due to disinterest in playing it. I like the concept and I know it's amazing, but I've had the game for a few years now... I enjoyed what I had played to though >_>.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:00 pm
Time for some more input:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete- Issues with the save button and me having trouble as to where it is. One day, I'll pickbit back up.

Persona (remake for the PSP)- I'm an avid Persona fan. The Expel Mirror though. BLAH!

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days- Never could get a feel for the controls. Made bosses very hard.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep- This is also due to not owning a PSP of my own. Borrowing's fun. Anyways, ever run into that mob of Heartless with absoluting nothing to heal you with? And even if you did have healing items, you couldn't use them because the Hearless wouldn't leave you alone for a second?! Yeah... Rage quit.

Skyward Sword- I know. I know. It's been out for months and I should've finished it already. Let's say, I've had some Lizardfos issues, rage quited, then realized when I last saved. I'll still finish it... One day...

Ocarina of Time for the Game Cube- Almost done with it, I swear. But guess who lost the Game Cube controller? It's not much of a rage quit or anything, I thought it fitting anyways to put in this list. :p

Ocarina of Time 3D- Aiming for 100%. On my way to the Shadow Temple. Feelin' all good inside. Make sure I have everything 100% up to that point. I realize I'm missing a gold skultula. Save. Quit. Set down. Walk away.

Battle of Giants: Dragons- Too monotonous. Graphics could be better and there could be more sounds. I'm really tired of hearing a "Grr" every other second.

Glory of Heracles- Really well done, and I love it. I plan to play the hel out of it too. Now... The only issue that I have is a little boss called the Sphinx-who's-counter-attacks-do-triple-the-damage-your-attacks-do. This is a real pain in the butt. Why? Because, healing items in the Sphinx's Tower are rare enough. There are enemies in that tower that will have the ability to knock your while party out. THOSE SKELETONS MAN! THEY'RE ARMED WITH MORE THAN JUST SPEARS! THEY KNOW HOW TO USE MAGIC AND TICK YOU OFF! >_>

Spirit Tracks- I don't know if it's me inputting a code wrong or if my game glitches, but I can't get past the entrance to the Sand Temple.

Pokémon Pearl- Victory Road. That's all.

Pokémon Soul Silver- I'm actually trying to figure out why I never picked it back up right before the second visit to the Elite 4. I think it was me being extremely underleveles or something... :/

*This, knowing me, will most definately be edited later.

Last edited by Dakurairakku on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Rage/Quit - Games You Can't Stand Ver. 2 • Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 am
I have to give this one to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for The Temple of the Ocean King. I'm sorry but I don't want to do the same time dungeon again and again especially when I forgot to get both maps to the next area. I just couldn't go through it again.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]