View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 
Zora Guard

Post PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 am
I'm not really sure what to think about this since I never really followed Sony growing up but now they have a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 coming out which is Smoosh Bros clone.

What are your thoughts? Any character you would like to see in the game?

Confirmed characters:
- Big Daddy (Bioshock)
- Cole McGrath (both evil and good)
- Colonel Radec (Killzone 2)
- (Emo) Dante (from Reboot of Devil May Cry)
- Fat Princess
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
- Kratos
- Jak and Daxter
- Nathan Drake
- Parappa The Rapper
- Ratchet and Clank
- Sackboy
- Sly Cooper
- Spike. (Ape Escape)
- Sweet Tooth
- Toro (Sony Cat)
- Raiden (Metal Gear)

Last edited by theonlypie314 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:16 am
I'm interested if they have characters I like. Then again, the PS1 and 2 era never really had Sony characters I really bonded to, not that I can remember anyways. Most characters I loved back then came from the products of other companies. How extensive the roster is will be pretty important.

I'll get it either way. Disappointments with SSBB would've forced this anyways. :P

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 pm
I would try this game....just to play as Parappa.

Administrator

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:34 am
I'll probably pick it up, not that I've been much of a Playstation kind of guy, though :P. I'm just waiting until the release to see the fanboy-ism ignite in full glory between fans of All-Stars and Smoosh Bros. Seems like it might be another battle waged in a 'motion-control' sort of mindset.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 am
There's a lot of hate for this game. Lots of people say it's a rip off, which in a way, it kinda is, but really, the Playstation now has a significant history behind it, and I am intrigued by what Sony thinks their flagship characters are. After all, it's not like people weren't asking for a sony equivalent, or having other games characters in Smoosh. Why shouldn't Sony be allowed to produce a game like this?

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am
With Super Smoosh Bros, people had fun getting to fight with the iconic Nintendo characters of their childhood. Of course people are going to make the comparison with Sony.

But I'm super pumped for the roster. You have Kratos, Crash Bandicoot, Cloud Strife, and Solid Snake for sure. Then obviously Lara Croft, that girl from Heavenly Sword, and Jak. Finally to round out the list, Sackboy clearly, one of the cars from Gran Turismo, Blue Eye Knight, random marine from Call of Duty, and a Patapon. This is going to be the best game.

:yeaaaaaaaah!:

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 pm
New characters revealed:

Heihachi (Tekken) and Toro (Sony Cat)

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 pm
Cole from Infamous, some guy from Killzone 2 and Jak and Daxter are confirmed

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm
A friend of mine was lucky enough to get to play the beta of the game through playstation plus. Here's his videos if you want to check the game out:

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:19 pm
Wait, is there seriously a car as a playable character? In a hurry so I didn't check out the videos/info, but if they sank that low I'm going to be more appalled than usual.

Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:06 am
Playstation All-Stars dated for release on Nov 20th

http://andriasang.com/con2cl/ps_allstars_date/

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:38 pm
Oh hey look, it's the first possible clone character... EVIL Cole McGrath!

Meanwhile in the land of new characters, Raiden instead of Snake:

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for PS3 • Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:45 pm
I got the game. I'll be brutally honest. It doesn't feel good at all. There's a supposed combo system... I haven't once seen the AIs combo be into a special finisher. I haven't once been able to do so either. Just mash combo, make sure the last hit is a huge knockaway, chase them, use super. Repeat. Super dull.

Comparatively, Smoosh Bros has a lot of point to doing combos. By accumulating damage, you can send someone further with a big hit. You want to keep comboing to chase people off the edge or to juggle knock up into the sky. There's just a lot of purpose to any move you execute in Smoosh and that feedback is anything but apparent in PASBR.

Verdict: Bleeeeeeeeeeeeh. It's just a mash fest for the sake of building meter to use super finishers.
Advice: Don't get it. Wait for the next Smoosh Bros or keep playing Brawl/Melee.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]