View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 League of Legends 
Zora Guard

Post League of Legends • Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 am
Well I did suggest that this could be a game we play during community night, though it would also be better if we didn't have everyone just start that game the night of.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref= ... c489287864

If you're interested in MOBAs (Massive Online Battle Arenas), you can basically trace the present day existence of the MOBA from the original StarCraft 1 custom map, Aeon of Strife, a map that utilized far too many assets in SC1 that devastated the game's engine back then.

The game type was then refined further in WarCraft 3 and it's Expansion, Frozen Throne as the custom game Defence of the Ancients. Originally both games were probably intended to have some ties to lore, AoS being tied to Protoss lore/backstory and DotA to WC3's backstory, but lately this genre of game has taken a leap into it's own style of game.

The game's most typically played/seen mode is classic, where the battlefield consists of 3 primary lanes with a large forested area between the two bases. Teams of 5 players will choose a champion to play and work towards defeating the other team. LoL has other modes as well such as Dominion which is a ring map where both teams play a king of the hill style match trying to control 5 locations on the map.

League is free2play so there's no harm in trying the game to see if you like it. If you are interested, I'd be more than willing to help teach people how to play MOBAs in general as well as specifics on League.

If you already play, feel free to add me. My main account is TemjinZero. I also have a second, low level account I'm working on, TemjinZero2. :D

See you online!

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: League of Legends • Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 pm
I've played a bit of it. Don't remember the champion I was using, but I got a ten kill streak on a bot game my first play. It's really, a pretty fun game. Though I have heard Dota 2 is better.

Zora Guard

Post Re: League of Legends • Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 am
Everyone says the MOBA they play is better. I like League because they have modes other than classic.

One of the problems I have with DotA2 is that it looks pretty much like what DotA does... and even some characters are like ripped out of WC3? Sure there's changes probably, but like... until I see them, I don't see DotA2 being progressive.

LoL benefits from being top of the pack right now, as in it has the most funding and attention via tournaments. This lets Riot Games patch super frequently for balances and kinda snowballs this game into being better.

LoL is simpler in the sense that you can't deny grunt kills like you can in other MOBAs, and some tactical options are simply not available like focusing global reward jungle creeps at level 1, but I also think LoL benefits from the simpler tactics in that it is easier for people to get into/understand. Other MOBAs are overwhelming with how much you need to know just to play a game.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]