View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? 
Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 pm
EDITED BECAUSE THINGS JUST HAPPENED.

I won't be able to play on that day now due to a family birthday dinner I need to attend to. Sorry about that guys! I hope everyone has a blast!

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:12 pm
So yea, Everyone interested in participating in community night next weekend, please have League of Legends installed and patched before so we can get into the gaming right away! :D

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:41 pm
Hmm... As the week continues, it looks closer and closer to me not joining...

Hopefully a little patching up with my mother and a long filming day will allow me to come. ;) *plans evil.... Plans...*

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:35 pm
I might be able to barely make it, right now it's kind of up in the air (depending on when I get home and when you start). The best thing I can say is I'll probably be late or skip it...

There's a part of me that's kind of...not happy with this game. I wonder why. [/sarcasm]

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:25 am
Well, there are a lot more modes than just classic. The game has dominion too which plays very differently, and as well, we should also try some of the more casual and informal rulesets, like ARAM or ARAB (All Random All Middle (Summoner's Rift) or All Random All Bottom (Crystal Scar)).

As well I'll still be trying to find time to do some last minute lessons before community night if possible.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 pm
Dominion mode, as GS and I found out- and as fun as it is, is actually more difficult. I have to say, I personally rather enjoy it.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 pm
Uhhhh I hate Dominion mode wait nvm hate is a strong word I dislike it :P but I can still play it. Even thought I'm saying this after CN I really don't care anyhow CN was fun BD!!!

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm
So, I think that we should have another one of these (this month). So, how does June 16th (next Saturday) sound to you guys? Also, what game do you think we should do? Or should it be mainly streaming stuff? I would suggest Smoosh (because MOST people have it), but Ninty's service isn't great. Can you guys think of any F2Ps (perhaps that are not LoL) that a community could play?

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - MAY 12th • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm
I agree with Tetromino. Having Community Night once a year is not enough. :P

I don't know of many multiplayer games, but...

Wii
Monster Hunter 3: Tri
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (2P versus only)

... I need to look around. <_<

Nightmare Inc. We kill your childhood.

And then some.
This space claimed by Mintle "Shelly" Turteetish! (Formerly known as Vaati.)

"Hello ladies. Look at your villain, now back to me. Now back at your villain, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped toying with you and started messing with the flow of time, he could attempt to look like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the palace of my dreams, witnessing the man your villain can't look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's the Light Force, flowing out of your beloved princess. Look again. THE PRINCESS IS NOW DEKU NUTS. Anything is possible when your villain tries to look like me and not a pig-beast. I'm on a Helmaroc."

Pyro Geno.
"He came back from above. To set. Things. On. FIRE."

Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:51 pm
I r so sad. Working night shift that day. Just before my vacation too gaiz. :(

Oh wellz. Better for the whole community to get games in. :D

...A diablo 3 communit night would be kewl. :3

Profile WWW

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:26 pm
First off- Tem and text talk?! 0_o

Now, more importantly:

I'm with Aaron, i'll be out of this community night. :P Though, better a few people gone than the whole community. XD

Now if there was a different date... Things might be different. *cough*

Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm
The thing with Smoosh is:

A.) We need to have a good person to host the room. I remember when we tested for Smoosh as a potential game for the first Community Night that we had some lag that almost made the game unplayable and when it was DC and myself left, the lag went away. I'm not sure if it was because I hosted or if it was because there were only two people left who are in the same province as each other.

B.) I recommend another test in Smoosh with different hosts to see who has the best connection. We would also need to have method of switching people out to bring them into a brawl or have a small tournament of sorts to determine who plays and who stays. Although, the host would always have to stay in.

Also, as of now I should be there but my busy schedule sometimes changes so if something happens, I'll update my us RSVP I suppose.

Some other suggestions of games:

1.) If we are doing anything PC, I recommend free things again so anyone can download it like TF2, or any other free game on Steam.

2.) Online flash games: The disadvantage here is you have to sign up for said site.
- Monopoly Pogo( http://www.pogo.com/games/monopoly)
There's a lot of LP videos I've watched of this (all commentary mind you and some with explicit language) but basically its ... well Monopoly. 4 players per game

- Tetris Friends (yes online Tetris - http://www.tetrisfriends.com/)

If anyone has played Tetris Attack (aka probably no one) but you form combos and drop garbage on other players. I'm not sure how many of us can play together

- InkLink (http://www.shockwave.com)
- Its Pictionary. 8 people can play per room. The huge disadvantage to this is... cheating. Anyone can look at DC's screen and know what he's drawing

3.) Emulation with Project 64 K
Project 64 K is an N64 emulator that uses Kaillera to connect online and play mulitplayer games like Mario Kart 64. I've used it before but not for a long time. I do remember that Mario Party is not a recommendation back when I used it. I'll look into setting this up more so in case this is of interest.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm
POKEMON BATTLES COMMUNITY NIGHT. LEZZZZZZZZZZZZ DO IT. I PROMISE NOT TO OBLITERATE EVERYONE. :D

Profile WWW

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:23 pm
TemjinZero wrote:
POKEMON BATTLES COMMUNITY NIGHT. LEZZZZZZZZZZZZ DO IT. I PROMISE NOT TO OBLITERATE EVERYONE. :D

Very much liking that idea.

@Pie: That version of Tetris, I have played. It's crazy and you must be really good at combos. 8S Also, if we wish to play games on the Wii, then I recomend having a so called "Test Day"- a day where we can test various games for the Community Night.

Online Pictionary? I'm all for it. Some one who isn't playing would have to keep a close eye on the viewing list on JTV though... :/

In the shoutbox earlier, I also brought up the idea of being able to play multiple games undead of just one- preferably games everyone agrees on or is majority vote.

Zora Guard

Post Re: COMMUNITY NIGHT - June 16th? • Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 pm
I do actually have to promise not to obliterate everyone if we actually do that... because the last time we did pokemon battles... it may have been a bit of a roflstomping aside from me vs Caleb, and that was mostly because I showed Caleb the true joys of pokemon training and how much fun that can be.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next