View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Kingdom Hearts 3D: (With a Side of Final Fantasy) 

Post Kingdom Hearts 3D: (With a Side of Final Fantasy) • Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 pm
With the new Kingdom Hearts on its way (the realease being July 31), it's about time a thread is posted for it.

Now, let's discuss:

What are you hoping for from the new game?
Any characters you want to see reappear?
What features are you looking forward to/want to see?
Any new Worlds you want to see incorperated?

And many more questions...

Also, this would be a good chance to discuss about previous games in the series and what you liked and didn't like (*cough* Atlantica *cough*) about the other games.

Another game I would like to see brought up is called The World Ends With You- by yours truly, Square Enix. By looking around some, it seems that Square has layed off slightly on the Final Fantasy and are bringing a new twist to the dearly beloved Kingdom Hearts.

Anyways,

I don't believe spoiler tags are of use here, unless it's something about 3D or some other new game of Square that gets brought up- but for the sake of spoiling, please use spoiler tags. :p

Now, chat away!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: 05-22-2012, 10:54 p.m. MST-
Title Change
Thoughts on Final Fantasy XIII and it's sequel
Daku's Personal Thoughts

I also want to take my regards to Final Fantasy XIII. I personally have not played it but, as usual, have spoiled it for me anyways. :p

Think there is any possibility for a Final Fantasy XIII-3? ;)
^I'm still all for X, X-2, and all the various VII. 8S

Now, regarding Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance- here is a trailer for you all to enjoy.

Now, I would like to personally address my thoughts.

I am very much looking forward to the various new inputs in the worlds in 3D- and the various reoccurring ones. Also, the idea of an actual 3D Kingdom Hearts excites me. I rather enjoyed the feeling of metaphorically being inside the game during OoT 3D, but as a Kingdom Hearts fan (seeing as KH also came first in my life), being "inside" the game will most likely prove to be quite enjoyable.

And for the sake of the 3D feature, quite helpful in some cases (*found 3D feature helpful when shooting arrows in OoT 3D*).

What I would like to see in KH 3D is a gyro-ball feature like in OoT 3D- though one you can turn on and off. Character wise- I want to see Ventus and Aqua back, as well as Organization XIII and their "human" forms (Somebodies? :lol: )

As for things I do not wish to see, Atlantica. It wasn't so bad in the first game (still can't swim for my life), it was just the music that made me go quitting spree. Now... As we talk about the second Kingdom Hearts... I find that version of Atlatica to be weird on so many levels.

Atlantica, to me, in the second Kingdom Hearts, did Square and Disney- and KH for that matter, no justice. It just made everything completely ridiculous.

Now, going to in between games such as 358/2...

I never played Re: Chain of Memories (or the original for the GBA), so I make no further comment of them other than make my regards to their existence. :/

Birth by Sleep... I know, I haven't finished it yet, but I have a perfectly good excuse- I'm borrowing it from my dad's girlfriend every time I go to visit him. ;P But I know the story.

Warning: Spoiler may appear here. For those who haven't played BbS (or 358/2) or don't want spoilers, I suggest skipping down some.

I find these two to be the most depressing KHs yet. Why? Well...

-Terra gets possessed, then goes on a killing spree.
-Terra basically gets a second personality.
-Ventus pretty much falls into a coma.
-Aqua gets all depressed.
-The ending it frikkin sad to Birth by Sleep (I finally get why it's called Birth by Sleep...)
-Aqua gets depressed when she sees Young Riku and Young Sora.
-Roxas doesn't talk for a long time in the beginning.
-Axel goes away: Axel not at home = Paranoid Roxas.
-Bad news at Castle Oblivion = Extremely Paranoid Roxas.
-Roxas looses his memories.
-Xion is killed by Roxas (technically though, it was more or less Xion giving herself up for Sora's sake).
-Roxas goes into a coma, Xion lays a shell by him every day he sleeps.
-Roxas ends up getting removed (and this goes into KH 2) Axel desperately tries to get his best friend to remember him...

I personally love Birth by Sleep, 358/2 Days, to me, was just kind of there to get some input and detail on Roxas. Though, in the bigger picture, without 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts II might not have made complete sense (though, if I remember correctly, Roxas states that he is Sora's Nobody. Sora, accepts him but:

Spoiler: show
I find, by watching some Japanese game play and trailers, that Sora contradicts this decision to accept him and tries to convince Roxas that he is indeed, his own person.

*^So... About that spoiler tag I thought that wouldn't be used.... :roll:

End Update. Posted time: 11:35 p.m. MST
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: 05-22-2012, 11:40 p.m. MST-
Miscellaneous
Trailer
Opening

Also forgot about Coded and Re: Coded. I play on playing Re: Coded, but I hear from many people that it had no real purpose nor extraordinary plot points that were added to the series itself.

Also, another trailer for you to enjoy. I will try posting screen shots if possible. Those will most likely end up in another post.

And the opening (I might post the other Kingdom Hearts openings for the sake of memories):

Spoiler: show

I find this to be an interesting spin on the usual openings.

End Update. Post time: Way after my bed time- 11:45 p.m. MST

Last edited by Dakurairakku on Wed May 23, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Banned

Post Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance • Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 pm
I'm sure The World Ends With You is just dandy, but I'd still like to see some more Final Fantasy characters from the 2D games, more specifically IV and/or VI; they don't get the love they deserve.

And I agree with you on Atlantica, but really only the Atlantica in Kingdom Hearts II; the one in the original didn't bother me so much.

Post Re: Kingdom Hearts 3D: (With a Side of Final Fantasy) • Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:35 pm
Some screenshots of the game::

^Panda... Thing...?

Anyways, that's enough for now. Bet you can't tell I'm extremely excited for it to come out.

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]