View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Tribes: Ascend 
Zora Guard

Post Tribes: Ascend • Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 pm
Not sure about everyone else, but I did grow up on FPS games. The very first FPS I ever got into was Starsiege: Tribes, more specifically the Renegades mod.

Tribes back then was a pretty revolutionary FPS, as unlike most of the day, such as Quake where you were confined to tight spaces or relatively small deathmatch arenas, Tribes really pushed the envelope for map size putting players in huge expanses and distances that could be covered quickly by the use of the game's signature jetpacks.

Regardless, the series waned in popularity over things like Counter-Strike, but for me, that rush of speed and the large open environments, plus what drove me to love Capture the Flag modes the most is something I'll never forget.

Back on topic, Tribes: Ascend is a Free to play FPS featuring a lot of what made the original game pretty popular. Right now too the Tribes Starer Pack is onsale for 5 bucks, but you don't need to get it to play, though it does give some really nice boosts and a permanent +50%xp boost for unlocking gear faster.

I've played the game for a few hours today, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I recommend everyone give it a spin!

https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribes ... aign=email

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]