View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 

Is this right or wrong?
HECK YEAH I SUPPORT THIS! 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
NO THIS IS SO TOTALLY WRONG! 76%  76%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 25

I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 
Zora Guard

Post I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:26 am
Yesturday during my World History class, my teacher was telling us about how some countries only allowed a certain amount of people in a family.
Also, people were killed in fear of over-population.

On one hand, this is helpful if where you live is running low on neccessary supplies (i.e. food, clothing, shelter..). You wouldn't have to worry about starvation and the such from over-population. Sure you'd worry if you'd be the next victim of sacrifice, but at least you'd suffer a quick death instead of a slow and painful one. AND, you could be considered a hero for being willing to sacrifice your life for others!
However, on the other hand, this is considered very very wrong and immoral. I mean, how'd you feel if you were able to live another day of your life at the expence of others? I'd feel really guilty and wouldn't be able to eat the yummy looking steak placed in front of me.

So what I'd like to know is where do you stand in this?

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.
Link: D;

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

I'm blue, da ba dee da ba di...

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:40 am
You were talking about China mainly. Being that they are the biggest contributer to this, the one country best done for it.

It is scary, in fact, not giving a person the right to live is wrong. Though, it could be understood in very rare situations, but no one should die because the countries think that they don't have enough. For goodness sake, what China does to mothers because they believe that they're so overly populated isn't good.

So, my stance, is this is wrong, human life is more important then "over-population". Make them move to the U.S. or somewhere instead of killing them because you think you should only have one kid!

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:45 am
Midna the Imp wrote:
For goodness sake, what China does to mothers because they believe that they're so overly populated isn't good.

:shock: what do they do to the mothers??

But don't you think it's kinda tortuous (is that how you spell it?) to make every starve to death? I mean, I know it's wrong to kill people but still...
And isn't the U.S. already over-populated?

Ruto: Zora's Domain and its people will eventually return to their original state. As a reward, I grant my eternal love to you.

She’s trying to lull me into a false sense of security, she thought. I must stay on my guard. I must focus. I must-oh look, it’s snowing outside! Pretty snow! ~Collision

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:52 am
Blue55 wrote:

:shock: what do they do to the mothers??

They make them have forced abortions if they have another child coming if they have one. Also, they sometimes stop them from being able to have one.

[quoteBut don't you think it's kinda tortuous (is that how you spell it?) to make every starve to death? I mean, I know it's wrong to kill people but still...[/quote]

Starve to death, people would starve to death even if the world wasn't "over-populated."

Quote:
And isn't the U.S. already over-populated?

If you go by the biological defention, but, no not really. You could fit everyone in the world in Florida and they'd fit. It's just what scientist think is over-population, but it isn't really.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:03 am
Midna the Imp wrote:
Starve to death, people would starve to death even if the world wasn't "over-populated."

What do you mean?

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:09 am
People, as they are, might get caught in a situation that would force starvation upon them. Like, what happens if your trapped in a desert and don't have food and die. Doesn't mean competition, just means your in a desert and don't have enough food.

Yes, of course, there might be to many people in an area, but if they were welling to spread out then the problem would be over. Yet, the truth is people need other people to survive on. Not just food or water or what ever.

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 am
There is accually a book series on a country like this called

Amoung the Hidden
by Margaret Peterson Haddix

My teacher read it to us in class one year.

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:07 am
yeah, and there's

The Lottery

and

The Giver by Louis Lowry

Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:12 pm
I'm definitely with you on this, MTI. Sancity of life is far more important than "overpopulation", especially when forced abortions are brought into the picture. Things over in China are getting way out of hand.

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:23 pm
Yes...and even more things happen in China then we know. Like how they kill babies by throwing them in rivers. It's not right, and maybe we should do more things about it than what we are doing now. Sometimes, I'd rather be fighting a way there then in Iraq..., some things are more important, like children, and it isn't right to continue allowing it just for are economies sake.

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:37 pm
It is really wrong and in my opinion quite disgusting. Why give up a person when they have a life to have and possibly a family to take care of? Destroying there life in a sacrifice is just wrong, depressing, and disgusting.

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:06 pm
Midna the Imp wrote:
Like how they kill babies by throwing them in rivers.

oh my gosh, are you serious? That is so wrong and messed up! :(

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:01 pm
You don't know much about China huh? I could tell you stuff you might not believe. But, yes they do, usually girls because they want a boy. (one-child policy)

Profile YIM
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:57 pm
I've read The Giver, and some of that stuff is just plain weird.

Erf. /= There's a lot of stuff about China I wouldn't wanna know.

Zora Guard

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:23 am
Midna the Imp wrote:
You don't know much about China huh? I could tell you stuff you might not believe. But, yes they do, usually girls because they want a boy. (one-child policy)

No, no I don't. I never did pay much attention in history class (hence the reason why I have a C at the moment...), but now that all this stuff about them is getting mentioned, I wanna learn more about them!
And what the heck is wrong with girls?! :evil:

Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next