View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:52 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Corruption We've Created 

What do you think of our situation
I believe that we are indeed following this path 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
I think this is a load of *Navi* 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
I can't see your point 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
I don't care that much really, it won't affect me 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 13

The Corruption We've Created 
Administrator

Post The Corruption We've Created • Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:03 pm
Everyone in the world, especially in our more developed countires of several things going on in our world today

Many patterns in history are known, times of revolt and utter despair. One of the more prominent examples is the decline of the 'invincible' Roman empire which suffered from the same thing we do today. Billions of dollars are being spent to fund a war that has been said to 'not needed to occur'. This in turn raises taxes, raises groceries, raises the cost of living for everyone.

Then comes the epidemic involving fuel, an estimated 300 years worth of crude oil still exists, we already have an alternative, but a war is more important than the future of the planet as we know it. Those prices are skyrocketing because governments are too involved with other things to accept the inevitable.

The Roman's fell because of one reason... the richer got richer, the poor got poorer. That is the exact thing that happened several times between Rome and us today. Due to rising bills and such, for no 'explained reason' has given paychecks to certain individuals higher than government leaders, they raise the prices to get more $$$, which is ruining the middle class to help the higher class.

Today the richer are getting richer due to dirty tactics, the poor are getting poorer because of that and no one has taken the intiative to stop any of it. The root of all evil and the entire corruption of the human race deals with money and the ignorance to even worse problems.

It will only take time for us to suffer the same fate, unless we drastically change our ways, which in this fascist world, seems to be only a dream. Rome fell to it, a simple gap in the community made worse for the wrong reasons, the same thing we are doing today.

This is my view of our world, a pessimistic place, I see little that is of any good quality, I come from a relatively well off family, this is not as effective to me as others. To me we are going down the drain so fast that I see no chance for us to bring ourselves back, those who think they can make a difference, or want to make a difference (me). Will soon realize that it is a false reality.

There are good things in life, I know, I try to enjoy them as much as possible but my thoughts always seem to fall to this future that we set ourselves up for.

Those who fail history, are doomed to repeat it.

We got a 0

ZE

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:23 pm
This is all I can say...at the moment, and here do I quote Ecclesiastes 1:9:

"That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun."

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Administrator

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:24 pm
From what I got from that, I think I should be agreeing, shouldn't I?

This isn't exactly what I wanted to put, I wanted to put more here the last time I thought about it, but I decided not to.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Midna the Imp wrote:
This is all I can say...at the moment, and here do I quote Ecclesiastes 1:9:

"That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun."

Is that a direct quote from the Bible? Hmmm, yes history is bound to repeat itself, its happened before, and it will happen again.

Sub-Administrator

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:08 pm
Yes, I have memorized some versuses from it... :wink: And, it is true, because humans are corrupt by sin...yes, ZE (and all of you) will get to see more of me on this thread.

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Goron Warrior

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:24 pm
Mm-hmm. We were given free will by God, but chose to break away from God by Sin, doing our own will rather than God's. What we can do is work to rectify the damage done by those sins by carrying out the will of God in this day and age. But power corrupts, and unfortunately just a few people in this world share the majority of Earthly power. Therefore as those people corrupt society corrupts, hence the repetition of this kind of situation throughout history. However, on every occasion this has happened, human inginuity has prevailed and society has been rebuilt. A solution will come about because God wouldn't let the world perish. The solution won't be perfect, but it will come about. You ahve to look at the world optimistically otherwise you lose hope, and loss of hope brings despair.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:07 pm
To be honest i dont really care, but i guess you have apoint it is going downhill.
Sure there are needless killings and things like this in the world, but i dont see how we can change a thing at all. and in my oppinion everyone who is power is a complete lunatic. i swear they all need to learn how to use their power properly as they do just abuse their power.
but hey as i said i dont really care. lifes life and im just gonna go with the flow.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:32 am
I believe we need to clear out. We're just on "Vacation" over there now. (Not a literal vacation. People are still losing lives trying to enforce police stations around Iraq.) We need an exit strategy.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:03 am
i cant truthfully say that i feel safe upon the ground that your 'god' has wrought. im an aetheist, so i dont believe in any gods. if god is so great, and powerful, then why is the world crumbling in front of our unknowlegable selfs. is it to punish those who dont belive, like me? why should i believe, what has he done for me? what has he done for my dead father? what has he done for my dead uncle, and his two sons who walk the streets in B.C, looking for their next meal, because of their selfish, fool of a mother? i think that many a fool have done unforgiveable things to make our lives a little more convienient. and that if your great 'god' can do something to pull us out of our own corruption that, he the most powerful being in the world, hasnt been able to avoid, then what the bloody is he waiting for. for more people to die? more of the earth to drown? or is he waiting for that final catalacysm that cannot be fixed by human kind? sorry if im dissing ur beliefs, i mean no offense, i am just stating my own.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:32 pm
brainiac01 wrote:
Mm-hmm. We were given free will by God, but chose to break away from God by Sin, doing our own will rather than God's. What we can do is work to rectify the damage done by those sins by carrying out the will of God in this day and age. But power corrupts, and unfortunately just a few people in this world share the majority of Earthly power. Therefore as those people corrupt society corrupts, hence the repetition of this kind of situation throughout history. However, on every occasion this has happened, human inginuity has prevailed and society has been rebuilt. A solution will come about because God wouldn't let the world perish. The solution won't be perfect, but it will come about. You ahve to look at the world optimistically otherwise you lose hope, and loss of hope brings despair.

Actually, I beleive that no matter how optimistic you are, humans are basically evil and corrupt, and no amount of wishful thinking can fix that. Only God can.

Administrator

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Hey that sounds like one of my other topics here. I still believe in global warming because it just seems like the facts and the effects are right in front of us, also a large group of scientists gathered somewhere, I will research it where they concluded that Humans had a major role in the climate change we are experiencing

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:12 pm
AM I THE ONLY ATHEIST ON THE BOARDS !?!?!?!?! bcus that would be disturbing :S i want to share my views with someone who isnt going to go all sappy bible junk on me ( no offense) but that seems to happen alot

Edit: yes how foolish of me. my apologies, DC

Last edited by Sir.Link on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:24 am
I think Leinator is an athiest.

Administrator

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am
Sir.Link wrote:
AM I THE ONLY AETHEIST ON THE BOARDS !?!?!?!?! bcus that would be disturbing :S i want to share my views with someone who isnt going to go all sappy bible junk on me ( no offense) but that seems to happen alot

And that discussion can occur. However, it would be nice if people could get back to the topic that was started, mainly the discussion on the worsening state of the world. If you want to discuss religious views or lack there of, there is always the Religon topic you started.

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:12 pm
all i can say is lulz

and oh noes the world is over! why there are so many things i haven't done, my axe murder count is still only 8999999! i must break 1 million

Wii FC 4156 1068 5615 6910

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next