View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 

Is this right or wrong?
HECK YEAH I SUPPORT THIS! 24%  24%  [ 6 ]
NO THIS IS SO TOTALLY WRONG! 76%  76%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 25

I was actually kinda disturbed at this... 
Hylian Squire

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:47 pm
Sorry I have to be different than most of you, but I mildly agree with it. Some people have children just for the money, so in those cases it isn't even their decision. How would you like to be forced to have a child at 17? 16? Having that child could ruin any kind of dreams you had, any hopes for the future. Also, when a country's population is overflowing, sometimes it is necessary to do such a thing. The other part of that is, if those extra children are born, where do you think they will overflow to? US. Continuing at that rate, we might as well not call it the US anymore. We should call it the United States of China. (Oh, here goes the tangents) Furthermore, if China let this overflow happen, give or take a few hundred years, the entire planet could be covered with Chinese children. Napoleon would roll over in his grave at the thought, as would any Roman emperor.

One last (and personal) note: I like the fact that I'm not the only TRULY WHITE person on the math team at my school. Half the population of the Mu Alpha Theta society is Asian, no doubt about it. I want my trophy, darn it. I don't want the gaijins (foreigners) stealing my trophies. And I also don't want them stealing my future job opportunites as a computer animator and game designer for Nintendo. (END RANT)

EDIT: Page get

Profile YIM
Hylian Squire

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:11 pm
Edit: I just now realized this thread is kinda old. Sorry for bringing it back. *facepalm*

To kill a baby that has already been born is cruel, no matter what the circmstance is. I'm not sure how I feel about abortions at the moment, but I don't believe forcing any mother to have an abortion is right.

China's population problem is a major issue though, and it doesn't seem that there are many options left. It my be cruel to not allow many children to be born, but if they where, what kind of future would they have? Many would have to work in sweatshops with poor working conditions, small pay, and any benefits(if any at all). The only answer I can come up with is birth control (no babies created, so no life lost) but where would families or the government get the money to afford it? There isn't a solution that makes everyone happy but something has to be done to slow the population growth.

It's the first siggy I ever made, so go easy on me.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:25 pm
*long sigh* Sometimes, gentlemen, you need to do something that seems bad because it ultimately creates more good.

Although it should only done if necessary (and its necessary in china's case), population control is necessary. However, I will go to clarify, conception control is OK, killing people isn't. (I'm on the fence about unborn children, but lean towards it being OK under these circumstances)

Its obvious why its not fine to just kill people, so lets focus on the former.....

People that don't exist yet don't have rights, because they DON'T EXIST! At that point, said "future person" is nothing more than a figment of thought, there is no entity. So the only rights argument you could present is that of the parents to have children.....

I admit, parents should be allowed to and have the right to have kids..... under normal circumstances. In situations of overpopulation, one must make the bitter realization that the household wisdom "quality over quantity" applies to human life as well, and there are very real situations in which you must make that bitter judgment. Its sad, but its true. It is not an act of kindness to create a life in this situation, because then because of that life, everybody Else's lives are miserable, including there's, thus undermining the reason you considered it a kind thing to create that life in the first place..... In fact, you've committed a crime against humanity and helped destroy it, not bring it down.....

I know, harsh. However, I'll think you'll find it for the best of everybody's interest and well being. Both emotional and physical.

Zora Guard

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:51 pm
Everyone here does know that China's overpopulation problem is mostly due to Chinese families preference for boys over girls, right?

A lot of families will give birth to a lot of daughters and no sons, so they keep trying for sons to pass on their name and legacy, because the belief in China is so traditional that they believe only sons can.

Why some kids are being killed is because of the one-child rule. Daughters occupy the one child slot in the family, leaving parents with the sense that their family is doomed, so they'd rather, for the lack of a better term... 'replace' their child.
They'll even stoop as low as kidnapping other young male children and raise them as their own if they can't have children.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: I was actually kinda disturbed at this... • Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:24 pm
It actually depends. If one wants to sacrifice him/herself for the good of others, that's OK. If it's an unwilling thing, that's wrong. We all have the right to live. It's a natural right. There's a list of about 30 Human Rights (natural rights). 'The Right to Live' is one of them but I forgot which. There's also the occassion that someone commits a crime so bad (possibly murder), that they would be sentenced to a trial, be found guilty, and executioned. That might also be OK but it's debatable.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3