View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 4:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Legend of Zelda Timeline 
Terminian Captain

Post The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 pm
This is not just my theory of the timeline, but a commonly accepted timeline to many because of a genius guy named ocarinahero10. Although he sent his timeline to nintendo and they told him there is no timeline, there IS a timeline. Miyamoto has revelaed in past interviews that there is a timeline, it's a split timeline, and this is the basic structure of it:
(Timeline A being child, Timeline B being adult)

|-------A-------|Ocarina of Time|-------B-------|
Majora's Mask--------------------Wind Waker
Twilight Princess------------------Phantom Hourglass
--------------------------------------Spirit Tracks

Also, Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link go in here in chronological order somewhere. Link to the Past, The Four Swords Series, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games, could go in many places. Here is the full timeline in addition to these missing puzzles, which is what I believe to be the true Zelda timeline that Miyamoto promised he will reveal someday.

|-------A-------|Ocarina of Time|-------B-------|
Majora's Mask--------------------Link to the Past
Twilight Princess------------------Oracle of Seasons
Minish Cap------------------------Oracle of Ages
Four Swords Adventures-----------Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda-------------------Phantom Hourglass
Adventure of Link------------------Link's Awakening
---------------------------------------Spirit Tracks

Edit: I no longer completely believe in this timeline. Please discuss the timeline in subjects unrelated to the one I posted here, unless you feel it is a good timeline :p

Last edited by Doctorzzim on Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:12 pm
I know nothing of the LoZ Timeline thing. The only thing I know about is the stuff that has been given to us already. But... Where is Four Swords? That IS counted as a separate part of the series. Also, why is Link's Awakening after Phantom Hourglass?

provided that he's a good conductor?"

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:16 am
Majora787 wrote:
I know nothing of the LoZ Timeline thing. The only thing I know about is the stuff that has been given to us already. But... Where is Four Swords? That IS counted as a separate part of the series. Also, why is Link's Awakening after Phantom Hourglass?

Four Swords is not a game. Simply because it was only an addition to a remake of link to the past, it was multiplayer only, and hardly a game at the time. I guess if you really wanna get picky and call it a game, it could be a part of the game four swords adventures, or a direct prequel. Either way, the game doesn't make much of a difference in the timeline, which is why I don't include it. Furthermore, Link's Awakening was said in the past by Miyamoto that it could go anywhere in the timeline. It takes place at sea...which is the only Zelda game to include an oversea adventure that doesn't take place in or after wind waker. There's a 100 year gap between PH and ST...so Link's Awakening would make sense. However this IS the only tiny flaw in this timeline because at the end of Link's Awakening you fight a dream Ganon, revealing a possible Ganon confrontation in the future, which does not exist in ST(Sorry if that was a spoiler). However, there is not really any more logical place to put the game for now, so I am keeping it where it is.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:45 am
Meh, it would have been a spoiler if you told me he WAS in Spirit Tracks. I never expect Ganondorf in handheld games, really.

But as far as I know, Four Swords is considered part of the timeline, which is why I asked. Plus, I'm pretty sure FS IS a direct prequel to FSA. I know little of the timeline stuff, but this is one of the few things I do know.

EDIT: I did some research, and after getting a very nice explanation on this timeline, I agree with it entirely. Except, however, the placement of Spirit Tracks. But...don't give me spoilers, I'll talk about that when I beat the game.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:09 pm
Majora787 wrote:
Meh, it would have been a spoiler if you told me he WAS in Spirit Tracks. I never expect Ganondorf in handheld games, really.

But as far as I know, Four Swords is considered part of the timeline, which is why I asked. Plus, I'm pretty sure FS IS a direct prequel to FSA. I know little of the timeline stuff, but this is one of the few things I do know.

EDIT: I did some research, and after getting a very nice explanation on this timeline, I agree with it entirely. Except, however, the placement of Spirit Tracks. But...don't give me spoilers, I'll talk about that when I beat the game.

Spirit Tracks was CONFIRMED to be a direct sequel after phantom hourglass. It takes place 100 years later where a new Hyrule is discovered, it is the invention of steam boats in PH and the invention of trains in ST. It's the most straightforward placement in the timeline, so I don't know what your confused about. Anyways, have fun playing it.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 pm
It's not a DIRECT sequel, a direct sequel would be OoT to MM. But yeah, I get it.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:56 pm
FS is part of the FS trilogy. FSA is a sequel to it. ALTTP has repeatedly been stated to be a prequel to LOZ/AOL (both the US and Japanese ALTTP boxes say this). LA is a confirmed sequel to ALTTP. ST implies (SPOILER ALERT) that no future games take place after it because the guidence of the spirits is no longer needed. I'll offer an interpritation on Aonuma's FS quote in another thread.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Ganonlord wrote:
FS is part of the FS trilogy. FSA is a sequel to it. ALTTP has repeatedly been stated to be a prequel to LOZ/AOL (both the US and Japanese ALTTP boxes say this). LA is a confirmed sequel to ALTTP. ST implies (SPOILER ALERT) that no future games take place after it because the guidence of the spirits is no longer needed. I'll offer an interpritation on Aonuma's FS quote in another thread.

None of those points are proven though. Except FS, but I don't care at all about that honestly. The story doesn't differ either way whether you put FS there or not. It's basically the same thing as FSA. It's barely a game. But really, there's only a few things about the timeline we 100% KNOW and those are not some of them.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 pm
Invaderzzim wrote:
Ganonlord wrote:

None of those points are proven though. Except FS, but I don't care at all about that honestly. The story doesn't differ either way whether you put FS there or not. It's basically the same thing as FSA. It's barely a game. But really, there's only a few things about the timeline we 100% KNOW and those are not some of them.

Here's what we know: ALTTP is a prequel to LOZ. We know the order of the FS games. We know there is a split. WE have a possible placement of the FS games. And FS isn't the same as FSA. Sure it isn't important, but neither are a few other games. We also know from OFFICIAL sources that LA is still a sequel to ALTTP. That shouldn't change. EVER.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 am
As far as I know, the timeline in my sig is correct with all the info we currently have, and relatively sensible speculation for the rest. I can give more info on anything if you want.

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:56 am
ekul6 wrote:
As far as I know, the timeline in my sig is correct with all the info we currently have, and relatively sensible speculation for the rest. I can give more info on anything if you want.

That timeline looks good, but the only problem is the debatable "Is Spirit Tracks the end of a timeline or not?" And both it being an ending and not being an ending are very likely, but neither are confirmed. I mean, Spirit Tracks takes place in the latest part of the future where they have trains. You don't see train technology in any of the other games. Of course this is not proof either, because we could just say this is a flaw by the developers and ignore it. So really there are strong points for either side. It's probably one of the most debatable parts of the timeline. But anyway, that timeline has some good points to it. I like how it already has Skyward Sword in there...and it actually makes sense. It would be a timeline theorists dream come true to see Link place the skyward sword in the temple of time at the end of the game :P. But one thing that's confusing...how does Link go from being a regular human in MC to living in the skies? I guess these questions might be answerable within time.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:38 am
Invaderzzim wrote:
ekul6 wrote:

That timeline looks good, but the only problem is the debatable "Is Spirit Tracks the end of a timeline or not?" And both it being an ending and not being an ending are very likely, but neither are confirmed. I mean, Spirit Tracks takes place in the latest part of the future where they have trains. You don't see train technology in any of the other games. Of course this is not proof either, because we could just say this is a flaw by the developers and ignore it. So really there are strong points for either side. It's probably one of the most debatable parts of the timeline. But anyway, that timeline has some good points to it.

ST is also set a hundred years from from WW/PH and that is set ages from oot so it is sfe to assume that it is at least as far along as ekul6 has theorised. I haven't played FSA or ALttP and I can't figure out what OoX is unless that means seasons and ages together, but I would have thought that LA would have come after AoL not before Loz apart from that I agree with this timeline.

Invaderzzim wrote:
I like how it already has Skyward Sword in there...and it actually makes sense. It would be a timeline theorists dream come true to see Link place the skyward sword in the temple of time at the end of the game :P. But one thing that's confusing...how does Link go from being a regular human in MC to living in the skies? I guess these questions might be answerable within time.

It's not always the same Link remember, and there are plenty of reasons for there to be people in the sky, it could be an advanced race that due to some catastrophy (Crono Trigger style (if you played it you'll know what I mean)) were stranded on the ground or wiped out, or it may have some relation to the ooca and what life was like when everyone was first created. Though that would put it as the first game in the timeline. Stuff to think over. :/

Hylian Squire

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 am
Invaderzzim wrote:
ekul6 wrote:

That timeline looks good, but the only problem is the debatable "Is Spirit Tracks the end of a timeline or not?" And both it being an ending and not being an ending are very likely, but neither are confirmed. I mean, Spirit Tracks takes place in the latest part of the future where they have trains. You don't see train technology in any of the other games. Of course this is not proof either, because we could just say this is a flaw by the developers and ignore it. So really there are strong points for either side. It's probably one of the most debatable parts of the timeline. But anyway, that timeline has some good points to it. I like how it already has Skyward Sword in there...and it actually makes sense. It would be a timeline theorists dream come true to see Link place the skyward sword in the temple of time at the end of the game :P. But one thing that's confusing...how does Link go from being a regular human in MC to living in the skies? I guess these questions might be answerable within time.

Here's the VERY simplified story behind the timeline...
TMC is first... This Zelda is sleeping Zelda from AoL.
In addition to sealing his sister, the prince, (now king) migrates all the people southward.
SS stuff happens and we will find out more later.
Oot, split, WW
phantom hourglass occurs in Termina... More technology seems to be a termina feature from MM, so why not, we know link and Tetromino left to find a new land.
Termina drains as well and ST happens.
FS/FSA is link and Zelda returning to hyrule to strengthen/replace their ancestor's seals on vaati and ganon.
Alttp, OoX (means both since no order can be determined) LA, NES games.

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Zora Guard

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:24 pm
CONFIRMED:

SKYWARD SWORD IS SET BEFORE OCARINA OF TIME.

http://4playerpodcast.com/2010/07/21/sk ... a-of-time/

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The Legend of Zelda Timeline • Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:00 am
TemjinZero wrote:
CONFIRMED:

SKYWARD SWORD IS SET BEFORE OCARINA OF TIME.

http://4playerpodcast.com/2010/07/21/sk ... a-of-time/

That is the greatest article I've ever read in my life... 8O

Edit: This inspired me to put together a brief new idea for a timeline. What do you guys think of this:

-------------Skyward Sword---------------
Ocarina of Time A------Ocarina of Time B
Majora's Mask----------Oracle of Seasons
Twilight Princess-------Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda----The Wind Waker
Adventure of Link-------Phantom Hourglass
The Minish Cap---------Spirit Tracks
Four Swords
Four Swords Adventures
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening

Though in the past I have thought the four swords series to be way in the past, Skyward Sword makes me doubt it because I fail to see how they could be so close together. Also, I really have no where else to put the oracle games but in Timeline B. It would make sense there, being close to ocarina of time so twinrova are still around and during a time when nothing too drastic happens so it wouldn't alter the story of Wind Waker. I put four swords adventures right before a link to the past because I recently feel they have some kind of connection due to how many similarities both four swords games have with link to the past.(Like how one of the games was included with it). And yeah, everyone seems to agree that LA is a direct sequel to link to the past and that link to the past is an ending to the master sword/ganon plot on Timeline A. So, LA would have to be the last game on that side.

Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next