View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Would You Murder If You Had To? 

What would you do?
Kill a Random Person 93%  93%  [ 13 ]
Let One Thousand Random People Die 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14

Would You Murder If You Had To? 
Terminian Captain

Post Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm
The question is simple. Would you murder a random person if you had to? The alternative is that one thousand people die if you don't murder this person. You do not know any of these people. Not the person you are supposed to murder or the thousand people. You don't know who they are, what they look like, or anything. This question is not depending on who the person is, but simply of whether you would kill to be hero, or ignore the consequences of the many people who would die without you. The choice is yours.

Administrator

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 pm
Invaderzzim wrote:
The choice is yours.

Thank you, John Kramer.

I'd do it. Gore doesn't have to be an issue, there are other ways to kill.

~Samuel Clemens

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:35 pm
I agree on your decision DL, but I have to admit i'm a little bit creeped out by that...lol

Zora Guard

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm
Of course I would. I wouldn't like it, but it would have to be done. 1 is a whole lot better than 1,000.

But of course, this is assuming that these choices are absolutely the only options, and I don't believe in situations like that. There'll always be another way.

Terminian Captain

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:13 pm
I'm surprised. Generally when I ask people this, They would much rather let people die because they don't see a point to go through the trouble. Terribly selfish =/

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm
Sacrifices must be made to make a great choice. . .

Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 pm
If I faced no other options, I would be able to kill a person if I had to. I also believe the majority of other people could as well, if you're able to lay down your morals and make what would ultimately be the beneifical choice (and this would only be achieved by killing another human being), then I think it's perfectly attainable. I may not like who I am because of it, but what would drive me to that would be able to remind me of consequences on the other end of the spectrum if I had not taken a life.

But at random, I would rather kill one person at random by my own hand, then let 1000 drop off like flies. Who knows, maybe one of them would be related to me or would be someone I know? I may not like many people, but that doesn't mean they deserve a good kick in the soul (well maybe a bit of one). And selfish tendencies aside, I may have a lot of immoral thoughts and considerations involving society, but I know there are legitimate people that would suffer because of that random selection of 1000 people.

I'd rather have the guilt of taking one life then by allowing 1000 to go down the toilet.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm
Very, very well put ZE. I'd have to strongly agree with you.

Administrator

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:41 pm
I just thought I'd put a little helpful reminder here for just this topic and the SSB in general since it's seeing some new light lately.

Short posts aren't necessarily welcome and posts just to agree are frowned on.

Just saying :P

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm
What if the person that you kill turned out to be the person who was going to cure cancer?
That would be pretty messed.And then people with cancer would hate you. '
But if I really had to do it though I would because 1000 people dying on my conscience would be a lot worse than 1. Id have to know why the thousand people were going to die though.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm
Haven't you seen I Am Legend? :P

Goron Warrior

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:27 am
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
If I faced no other options, I would be able to kill a person if I had to. I also believe the majority of other people could as well, if you're able to lay down your morals and make what would ultimately be the beneifical choice (and this would only be achieved by killing another human being), then I think it's perfectly attainable. I may not like who I am because of it, but what would drive me to that would be able to remind me of consequences on the other end of the spectrum if I had not taken a life.

But at random, I would rather kill one person at random by my own hand, then let 1000 drop off like flies. Who knows, maybe one of them would be related to me or would be someone I know? I may not like many people, but that doesn't mean they deserve a good kick in the soul (well maybe a bit of one). And selfish tendencies aside, I may have a lot of immoral thoughts and considerations involving society, but I know there are legitimate people that would suffer because of that random selection of 1000 people.

I'd rather have the guilt of taking one life then by allowing 1000 to go down the toilet.

What if that one person was your God? What would you do then? Me? It just really depends on who those 1k people are.

"I used to be able to input a cheat code, now I've got to enter a credit card"
-John "Totalbiscuit" Bain

"If 'something that is utterly incomprehensible' starts getting popular, doubt your generation. Consider that something may be very wrong."
-Kaiki Deishuu

Profile WWW
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:35 am
depending on the circumstances I'd do it. Heck in Ohio if someone breaks in your house with a weapon it's legal 0_o

Profile YIM WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm
I'd kill one person.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Would You Murder If You Had To? • Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 am
I guess I never noticed BL's post from way back in February. And even if, if you mean God as in a descriptor for someone (such as Guitar God), it would still be the choice I'd make. Now if you strangely meant God in a religious sense, then there's no dice on that one for me. One is better than 1000, doesn't matter who it is, what social class they come from or even family or friends, if you had the choice to be a good person, 1000 random would be a vile choice.

Also remember guys, Carbide and Kokiri Who Dat, Carbide cuz you're back and awesome, and KWD because you're new, posts in the Seriously Serious Board should at least be three lines long to continue a serious discussion (whoo fun with words).

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next