View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The EDN Pokemon League 
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:00 pm
I see.

However, my main problem with "no legendaries" is that some non-legendaries are far stronger than some legendaries. Take Tyranitar, one of the best Pokémon in the game, and compare Articuno.

I am definitely not ultra-competitive. I am a notorious user of gimmicks on the competitive scene.

Some of the ruleset, however, seems logical to promote skill, as opposed to hoping to hit.

Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:16 pm
Alright guys, here are the official rules for picking the Elite Four. Once the E4 is chosen, I will set up a challenger page and people can battle for the right to become the EDN league champion. The rules were graciously thought out by Aaron. *round of applause* Please note the following is ONLY to be one of the Elite Four. If you wish to challenge as a champion, you'll have to wait until these process is complete.

Elite Four application:
The Elite Four will be determined by how well a trainer can battle. A round robin will be conducted with the candidates, the four winning the most games becoming the Elite Four. For the round robin tryouts you may select any 4 pokemon to use for battling.
The round robin will then commence as 4 on 4 battles until everyone is finished.

Pokemon Allowed:
Ubers banned (http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber). Everything else is fair game.

Rules:
Sleep Clause (no more than 1 pokemon can be asleep at any one time, otherwise, you can put an entire team to sleep and sweep.)

Soul Dew Clause (Latias got bumped down to OU, but using a Soul Dew still makes it too powerful, without it though, it's a good pokemon that isn't overpowered.)

Honesty Clause: Obviously we can't monitor ever single battle. So for the round robin tryouts, both participants must record their results honestly. We're all friends here, so don't cheat. Cheating is wrong!

Applications close April 25th (sooner if we don't have that many applicants). A round robin will decide the E4 ranking (Strictly for bragging rights) and who is actually an Elite Four member. Once this is done, the league will officially open and a Champion can attempt to challenge for the position.

~So you've become an Elite Four~

Since I've spent the time typing this up already I'm just going to leave it here. This only applies if you've become an Elite Four.

E4 Team:
1. 6 pokemon allowed. At least 4 pokemon must be the trainer's dominating type. (ie, Water E4 -> 4 pokemon must have water as a type) Remaining 2 must at least utilize a move of that Trainer's main type. (Water E4 -> remaining 2 pokemon must have a Water-move)

2. Submit your team's type, your trainer name and whatever catchphrase you want to shout out before battle. "You don't have a ghost of a chance!" Be creative. :P

3. Once the Elite Four has submitted their final team, they must stick with this team and their move set. No changing in between battles and stuff like that.

More rules will come once we actually have E4 members.

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm
I have a question...what if you want to compete using Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but other players don't have Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and are competing with Gold/Silver, or vice versa. Does this disqualify members who only have one version or force people who have both versions to use the version corresponding to a challanger, even if they will have an unfair advantage due to one of their versions having worse Pokemon? Also, I was wondering if in the case that the wifi servers don't connect well(as they often do, for me at least), will I be allowed chances to fix any errors and get sympathy and support in order to get connected, or will I be disqualified if my servers simply cannot connect to other players after a few tries?

Zora Guard

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:54 pm
...which version you have of a game isn't an advantage or disadvantage... that statement makes no sense.

With regards to connections, just keep trying. Nintendo Wifi is stupid anyways.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm
What I'm trying to say is, what if your pokemon are better on Diamond/Peal/Platinum because they have better moves, and if your pokemon on gold/silver are worse, because they have worse moves, so you want to use the game that has better moves, but what if a person you are challanging doesn't have the game you want to play them on. It seems complicated that we're allowing two different games, so all I'm asking is if we are required to have both games to compete, because someone who only has one game and another person who only has one game of the opposite, can not battle each other. I can't use my good pokemon on platinum to battle someone who doesn't have that same generation. You see what I mean? I'm not saying this is really a problem, but the chances are likely that this would occur. Of course if it does, i'll just suck it up and use my gold game, but it could easily happen to some other people. Make sense yet?

Sub-Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:14 am
Invaderzzim wrote:
What I'm trying to say is, what if your pokemon are better on Diamond/Peal/Platinum because they have better moves, and if your pokemon on gold/silver are worse, because they have worse moves, so you want to use the game that has better moves, but what if a person you are challanging doesn't have the game you want to play them on. It seems complicated that we're allowing two different games, so all I'm asking is if we are required to have both games to compete, because someone who only has one game and another person who only has one game of the opposite, can not battle each other. I can't use my good pokemon on platinum to battle someone who doesn't have that same generation. You see what I mean? I'm not saying this is really a problem, but the chances are likely that this would occur. Of course if it does, i'll just suck it up and use my gold game, but it could easily happen to some other people. Make sense yet?

Ah, all the versions, SoulSilver/HeartGold/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum can connect (after a certain point, and I think that's after you beat Johto or send a Pokemon from the third/forth gen over to SS/HG). So, you can use either game (remake or forth-gen), it doesn't matter, or you could use another player to send whatever Pokemon you want to your Gold/Silver game.

@DC: Do we just contact you or Aaron?

“Asphixation, defenstration, breathing wool, decapitation. Drinking from a lava pool, driving drunk to look so cool. Crazy bees sting you a lot, eating any rats you caught - all these ways that you can die. Don't forget poisonous pie!" -Classic SmashQueen, Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:03 pm
There's always another secret... ~ Mistborn, Sanderson

Profile YIM
Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 am
Well, my Wi-Fi is dead, but I think it'll be more interesting for me to wait 'till you guys set this up and play against it, anyways.

No Species clause? Nyahahahaha... NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(And an added "Nwehehehehe!" too!)

Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am
@Tetromino: You contact me. Everyone can just post here if you want to apply for the E4 position and I'll organize the rest. Also, I'm changing the date of the round robin to May 1st, since that will give people more time to get ready.

Current Applicants: TemjinZero, Darth Citrus,

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:08 pm
I would like to apply for the positionnnn, obviously. I'll just somehow come up with a team by then of some kind that I currently don't know what it'll be.

Maybe Psychic...

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:28 pm
Well you don't have to worry about making an E4 team until after the round robin. For the round robin anything does provided it follows the rules outlined before (No Ubers etc). After we find out the winners of the round robin, then those people get to make an E4 team. :P

Current Applicants: TemjinZero, Darth Citrus, Zeldaeinstein, Tetromino

Profile WWW
Terminian Captain

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 pm
Thx Tetromino, I get it now. I figured they had to be different servers. Anyways, I would also like to compete in the round robin. I look forward to see how well i battle against my fellow forumers :p

Administrator

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:43 pm
Current Applicants: TemjinZero, Darth Citrus, Zeldaeinstein, Tetromino, Invaderzzim, Dark Princess

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: The EDN Pokemon League • Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Sign me up. Dark team.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2