View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- 
Administrator

Post Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:00 pm
It's time to start pushing forward with the difficulty, we've hit the halfway part, and hopefully, we'll start making you guys sweat. Have at these:

Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- Questions

1. (Risk) What is the minimum amount of rooms in the Fire Temple required to reach the boss chamber of the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time: Master Quest? Assume that the boss chamber itself does not count as a room, and that repeat visits to any given room do not count.

2. (Music) HTS5 Music #3-1
List everything that can be purchased where this song is heard.

3. (Riddle)
When I am complete, I'm seen just one time,
Bringing the Hero toward journey sublime.
A blast from the sky then tears me apart,
Allowing a new adventure to start.
What am I?

4. (Music) HTS5 Music #3-2
In this question...
Dungeon-Specific item: refers to any item that is found only in that dungeon.
Inventory item: refers to any item that can be equiped and used by Link.
Dungeon X: can refer to any dungeon in the Zelda series.

Assume that the boss key can be obtained in the same room as the dungeon-specific item.
Assuming the location where you hear this music is in or before Dungeon X.

With this information, answer the following:
-How many rooms absolutely must be travelled through to complete Dungeon X?
-How many inventory items are you required to use in this dungeon to complete Dungeon X, and what are they?

5. (Challacy) Under normal Challenge and Fallacy guidelines, list all correct statements found in the following details about A Link to the Past.

a. There are a total of 9 trees you can speak to in the Dark World

b. There are a total of 4 squirrels that run across the screen in the Master Sword grove upon entering.

c. There are a total of 5 telepathic messages (the speaker is not physically present or is not a physical being.) that you MUST (are mandatory) listen to in the course of the game. (Opening to closing)

d. There are a total of 6 places where the Book of Mudora can be used.

e. There are a total of 5 creatures you can buy information from in the Dark World (not including the creature in front of the bonus dungeon).

f. There is a total of only 1 necessary, player chosen, time you must use the Flute to travel.

g. If you collect all inventory items, useable or equipped automatically (such as a tunic), there are 10 items that have the descriptor 'Magic' or 'Magical' in their titles.

And that's that. Make sure to have your answers in by 23:59 GMT -4 on July 18th. Good luck!

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm
It's getting ugly..

Profile WWW
Goron Warrior

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:18 am
You really, really want us to play through all these games in the course of the next week, don't you? :s

Luckily my Master Quest save file is around about in the right place for one of these...

To clarify, for question 1 do you mean how many rooms when starting the dungeon from scratch, or how many rooms when entering the completed dungeon to re-reach the boss chamber?

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 am
*Whimper...*I don't own masterquest....

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 am
brainiac01 wrote:
To clarify, for question 1 do you mean how many rooms when starting the dungeon from scratch, or how many rooms when entering the completed dungeon to re-reach the boss chamber?

From scratch.

~Samuel Clemens

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:01 pm
Hm, say, what exactly defines as as 'room' in Question 4? An area surrounded by doors? An area divided by the screen scrolling?...

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 pm
A room counts as an area divided by the screen scrolling, which, in MOST cases will involve going through some doors but you don't ALWAYS end up going through a door in every dungeon ever, as we all know :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:03 pm
In Q5f, what do you mean by "player chosen"?

Timeline
Spoiler: show
Adult:.............- WW/PH - ST - FS - FSA - ALttP/OoX/LA - LoZ/AoL
..................../
SS - TMC - OoT
....................\
Child:............../MM - TP
Yes, I recognize that this is wrong according to Hyrule Historia, but I keep this up for old time's sake.

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:17 pm
ekul6 wrote:
In Q5f, what do you mean by "player chosen"?

Such as you open your menu and select the item you wish to use and on the overworld screen you press the button that activates the selected weapon.

Such as in Link's Awakening you press start and set your Sword to A, when you go the main overworld screen you press A as a player chosen incentive to use your sword :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:11 pm
Zeldaeinstein wrote:
A room counts as an area divided by the screen scrolling, which, in MOST cases will involve going through some doors but you don't ALWAYS end up going through a door in every dungeon ever, as we all know :p

Do rooms separated by doors count as individual rooms even if there is no screen scrolling?

▲ ▲

Check out my site: The Legend of Cosplay! I commission costumes/props/accessories for your ultimate cosplay! (Zelda, of course, is my specialty!)
http://www.linksliltri4ce.webstarts.com

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 pm
linksliltri4ce wrote:
Do rooms separated by doors count as individual rooms even if there is no screen scrolling?

No. The screen must scroll.

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:24 pm
Recently I've felt the need to address something about the first music question. Any sort of exchange of items counts as a purchase under this question's definition.

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:38 pm
After a lot of deliberation we are rewording question number two, and yes, Zender, I'm doing it without you ;P

2. (Music) HTS5 Music #3-1

For each location that this song is heard, list everything that can be purchased.

By purchase we mean what can be bought with currency, be it a good or service.

Sorry for all the trouble everybody. I give thanks to IZ for clearing this up :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:22 am
Ironic, I just came on to ask you about that. I have just one more question to add.

Let's say said service allows you to get something along with that service, would we need to list the service along with everything that could be gotten using it?

Administrator

Post Re: Hyrule Trivia -Round 3- • Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 am
Yes. If the service turns out to be allowing you to win prizes, or earn something for performing tasks, it will count for this question. We're basically giving this one away as compensation since when it was made there was a serious flaw :p

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next