View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Need a hand with locating a program/driver. 
Zora Guard

Post Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 am
As most of you are awake, both Caleb and I stream games semi-regularly nowadays.

One of the problems we've been having with our game streams is the lack of resolution of what we're able to see through our TV Tuners on our monitors.

Our primary problem is that while our TV Tuners display properly in 640x480 resolution, the program we use to split and replicate the feed source so that we can see what we're playing properly while preserving all the audio and banter in our streams while also having the feed sent to Adobe Flash Encoder for to upload to the stream is forcing us to view our games in 320x240 (as you know, I complain about this a bit.).

I've been looking around the net for a program to replace SplitCam, but haven't had much luck in finding anything else but SplitCam. Basically, we need a program/driver that will allow multiple programs to access a single input, without forcing us to a lower res than 640x480.

If anyone knows of any program that would work here (even if I have to pay for it.), let me know, and leave a link, so I can check it out.

Much appreciated.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:36 pm
I didn't really read the whole topic, but I got the gist of "Need better program than SplitCam", a google result brought this up:
http://www.splitvideo.com/download/index.htm

Zora Guard

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:59 pm
Unfortunately, you lies.

That site is like another front of SplitCam.

Visit our blog at http://www.acgventcast.ca and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes!

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:24 am
It looks like splitcam has the market for this one, I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:54 am
I know the topic is from back in July of 09 but I want my 2cents worth...

Have youever tried adding some AV splittes?
Instead of looking for a program try splitting the feed from your wires.
Instead of describing my idea i'll just add this Pic. it should explain
Add them to your Red, White, and yellow wires and plug one set into your PC and one set into your tv.
It works for streaming consoles anyway

... *meow*

Profile YIM
Zora Guard

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm
Ironically, this is exactly what I ended up using Carbide.

I'm actually looking into HD options. I think a powered HDMI splitter will be great for that. Just need a new computer to use my Black Magic Intensity Pro... or splurge on a Hauppauge HD PVR. T_T

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm
That's pretty cool. I can't believe I didn't think of something like that. xD I think I might have something like that laying around here that would get the job done like that. My only concern is what somebody would do for HDMI? :p

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 pm
What do you mean what would someone do for HDMI?

You need a HD capture card. I have one, but can't install it into my MOBO. The two options most widely used so far are the Black Magic Intensity Pro (internal) or the Hauppauge HD PVR (external).

Black Magic is supposed to have released a new card, and it should be a lot friendlier to use from what I've heard.

I still don't have the bandwith for it. Need like actual 1 Gbps upload, and not the 500 kbps I'm actually getting for good SD streams. Need like 3 Gbps minimum for HD uploading stream. T_T

Profile WWW
Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:06 pm
I was thinking outside of the box, as far as what connectors would be used instead of a capture card. Which defeats my question entirely. xD

Zora Guard

Post Re: Need a hand with locating a program/driver. • Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 pm
:|

...You can't capture... without a card/box... what.... You still need something with HDMI inputs, ie. capture card.

There are passive splitters, but due to signal degredation over cable length and the digital signal, passive splitters result in quality loss.

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]