View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Your First Video Game 
Administrator

Post Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 am
This is the place to discuss what video game was your very very first, or at least, the first video game you can ever remember playing. What was it, how old were you, did you like it, do you still like it - all these questions are up for your answers. :p

ZE: I don't quite know what my first game was, but if I had to guess it would be Super Mario Bros. as it is the first gaming memory I have. The Legend of Zelda is another early on game I recall as well :p. I was at most 5 years old when I first played SMB (NES, duh D: ), and all I really remember was always using warp zones and never getting past that last Hammer Bro. in 8-4 :p.

Discuss your first gaming memories ;O

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:59 am
I grew up always watching my dad play SNES RPGs like Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy, and Super Mario RPG. They were always fun to watch and see how the story progressed and sometimes I even helped him once in awhile. I always wanted to try a game for myself since then but my dad usually hogged it all the time =d

Finally, when we went to my aunt's house for various dinners, she has a NES she used for baby sitting and I had my opportunity to play my first game; Kid Icarus and Super Mario Bros 3. I had so much fun playing those games and are still my favorites to this day. I even did a walkthrough for SBM3. I remember being so excited for the Tanooki suit to come back in Super Mario 3D. When Brawl came out and Pit was revealed, I was the only one that I knew that was ecstatic that Pit was in there, knowing where he came from and everyone else was excited for Snake.

Profile WWW
Hylian Knight

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:36 am
I swear to god...if we're gonna be anal about this....my first game was Q*Bert and The Smurfs game on the Atari (don't care to remember what version).

But I would also count the Original Mario, but mostly Duck Hunt. Duck Hunt was the *navi*.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:05 am
If I remember correctly it was ethier a Ninja Turtle game or a James Bond one. :L

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:42 pm
You really going to make me remember that far back? T_T

Well, I have always been told that my first video game was POKeMON Snap! for the SNES(?). Ironically, apparently my first plush toy ever was Pikachu... Currently, the blame for my love/"addiction" to POKeMON is put on my dad (not that he denies it either...)

As for the first video game I ever actually remember... Was when I was about five or six years old, no older than seven, and it was RoboTech for the PS2(?).

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:38 pm
my first big video game that i can remember is zelda. I know it wasn't oot because that was the 3 zelda game I played.I think it was ALTTP.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:07 pm
The first video games I ever played were Gex and Earthworm Jim for the 64. Being quite young, I wasn't following the story or anything. I was just moving the characters and trying (my best) to keep the game going. But of course, there was always a part quite early in both of those games that I could not get past/figure out and I would quit. Then I would restart from the beginning next week and get stuck, over and over again. Oddly enough, I never got tired of it.

Administrator

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 am
The first game I ever played was Zelda: Ocarina of time. That's not to say I owned it; I wouldn't own a Nintendo 64 until at least a year later. During that time, I acquired a yellow gameboy colour and the first game I ever owned -- Pokemon Yellow.

~Samuel Clemens

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 am
Killer Instinct for the SNES was the first console game I ever played. Warcraft II was the first PC game. Both those games are to this day incredibly nostalgic to me.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:03 am
Wonder Boy on the I don't even know.
My cousin had got an old game system from somewhere but it didn't work on his too new TV so we got given it. All I remember about it was there was a game called wonderboy that I was absolutely terrible at. I may have played something before then but that is the first one I remember and owned.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm
The first game I remember playing would be Super Metroid on the SNES. The SNES was messed up and wouldn't play in color but oh man I played that game like there was no tomorrow. To this point I'll still play it somewhat frequently even though it's about an hour-2 hour long game though it helps knowing exactly where everything is lol.

Hylian Swordsman

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Pokemon Yellow, with my Gameboy Colour. Still have the Colour, and bought a new PY.

Profile YIM WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 am
The very first Legend of Zelda for the NES. I was prescribed videogames by a doctor to train my lazy eye and I ended up playing that when I was 4.

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:51 am
Darth Citrus wrote:
I was prescribed videogames by a doctor to train my lazy eye...

Wait, your doctor was up on this stuff while it was still on the cutting edge? You need to introduce me to this guy; he sounds better than any doctor I've ever known, save for my dentist.

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: Your First Video Game • Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am
I don't know if it was really cutting edge, seeing as the NES had been around for four years at that point, but yes she did suggest I play video games to train it whilst wearing an eye patch. As I recall she was a really good family doctor. And then she moved to the States. :|

Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next