View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Forum Events 
Administrator

Post Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:26 am
While the Forbidden Underwoods has its share of events already, Saplings Fortnight - Spring, Hyrule Trivia - Summer, I have always wondered if DC and the rest of the members have ever thought about having other events. These can be silly or serious, just pitch your idea for everyone to see.

Perhaps we should follow through with 'popular' events, like no-shave November and battle it out with our facial hair? Who knows, this is the spotlight to bring up any sort of Event you'd like to see happen here on the Forum. Want a monthly writing contest? Suggest. Want a muffin baking samurai cosplay pictionary tootsie wake-up juice lick concert? What's this Forum called? Suggestions? Do it.

Discuss ;D

-Carl Sagan

Profile WWW
Administrator

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:09 am
I've thought for a long while we should have something for each season, but suggestions? You think I have actual suggestions?

As it happens, I don't at the moment. With this topic here, I suppose I'll mull it until I think of something.

~Samuel Clemens

Administrator

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:35 pm
I'm all for this. But I think it would require the implementation of a calendar, which would probably go hand in hand with a bunch of large scale changes to the forum.

*wink*

Profile WWW
Zora Guard

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 pm
A few ideas:

- Raffle, we could use our EDN Bucks to buy tickets for a raffle that might happen during a said event. A site I was a former member of used to go to had this going and it had prizes like an Indie Bundle Package or a Nintendo 3DS or a gift certificate to GameStop. I know those require that thing called money but we can use alternative prizes like a bunch of forum credits or a drawing from a volunteer in the forum of whatever you wanted.
- Poster Awards. I see we already have medals but maybe we should make a yearly awards like the best topic, best poster, funniest thread, etc and forum members could vote or nominate what they like.
- Online Day - have a day where forum members can play with each other in an online game like Mario Kart or something easier that doesn't require a billion friends codes, a PS3 game or PC game. There's a lot of online games like that too like InkLink or Monopoly too.We could set up a room where only EDN members are allowed to play and just have fun. This might take a bit of work since if we do a console game, not everyone will have it or want to play whatever game is picked. This could even be live streamed.

Profile WWW
Hylian Squire

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 pm
I love NewPie's idea's but I want think of something to but I need more time to think. Ahhhhh brain work. :lol:

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:00 pm
I propose that we incorporate muffin baking samurai cosplay pictionary tootsie wake-up juice lick concerts annually. It would also be interesting to have some sort of speedrun contest for the LoZ games, or possibly some sort of Smoosh Bros Brawl tournament. Hell, a tournament of any kind would be cool...

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 pm
I have to agree, a tournament would be interesting.

The only question would be as to what would be played. Mario Kart? Super Smoosh Bros. Brawl? Some fandom game that everyone magically has?

Hylian Knight

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 pm
i say a Team Fortress 2 night.

It's Free-2-Play, and it's multiplayer fun times.

Zora Guard

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 am
First of all, HAPPY EASTER. Secondly, I concur. Gaming events? All for it. Although, time zones might be a challenge. Not a huge one though, just a matter of timing. Thirdly, I officially challenge any and all to defeat my mighty manly beard growing prowess. >_> Movember is totally on.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:59 am
I'd be down for an FPS night.

What about like some sort of art show or something? A panel of judges would pick out the top pieces and give out EDNbux as a prize, or something cool. (This could be applied to linguistic arts as well.)

[12:08:29 PM] AkaAnonymous: I buy expensive things and talk to pretty girls all day. When I'm not doing that, I usually act like I'm 10. Because 10 is awesome.

Sheikah Elder

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:29 am
leftironboot wrote:
First of all, HAPPY EASTER. Secondly, I concur. Gaming events? All for it. Although, time zones might be a challenge. Not a huge one though, just a matter of timing. Thirdly, I officially challenge any and all to defeat my mighty manly beard growing prowess. >_> Movember is totally on.

I don't know man, I can grow a pretty legit beard... I think I might have to take you up on that.

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:28 am
I'm getting a sense that no matter what is chosen, No Shave November will continue anyways...

Buuuuuut.... I have a request about the No Shave November idea. Why not, while also doing it for the fun of it, you guys can grow your beards in honor of a cause- like Cancer or something.

If not, maybe you guys could have a competition and at the end of Novemenber there be a judging panel on "best beard". :p

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 am
I'm a little late to the tournament discussion. But, I agree. I think a tournament of any kind would be cool. Although the only multiplayer game I'm am half-good at is Mario Kart. So of course, I would suggest that one. :p

Hylian Squire

Post Re: Forum Events • Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 am
uhhhh I have to get that game I don't want to be left out of all the fun.

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]