View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 A Forbidden Underwoods Community for Mario Kart 7. 
Banned

Post A Forbidden Underwoods Community for Mario Kart 7. • Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 pm
Hey, guess what? Mario Kart 7 allows people to create communities. Obviously there should be a community for our lovely Underwoods. What's less obvious, is how exactly this community should be configured.

When making a community, you must first choose an icon for it. The available icons are as follows:
(I would post the images too, but it seems that I cannot resize images manually, so if you are wondering what the icons look like you can see them here, but most are pretty self-explanatory.)

Mushroom
Fire Flower
Super Star
Golden Mushroom
Green Shell
Banana
Super Leaf
Lightning
Red Shell
Bob-omb
Spiny Shell
Blooper
Bullet Bill
Lucky Seven
Double Mushrooms
Triple Mushrooms
Triple Green Shells
Triple Bananas
Triple Red Shells

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Daisy
Wario
Rosalina
Metal Mario
Shy Guy
Honey Queen
Wiggler
Lakitu
Mii

Standard
Gold Standard
Birthday Girl
Bumble V
Bruiser
wake-up juice Jet
B Dasher
Egg 1
Barrel Train
Tiny Tug
Cact-X
Koopa Clown
Cloud 9
Zucchini
Blue Seven
Bolt Buggy
Pipe Frame

Standard
Gold Tires
Roller
Slim
Slick
Sponge
Mushroom
Wood
Red Monster
Monster

Super Glider
Gold Glider
Peach Parasol
Flower Glider
Beast Glider
Swooper
Paraglider

Flag
Balloons
Coin
Steering Wheel

Next, the name of the Community is decided; the name can be up to 16 characters long.
After that, the rules are decided. You can decide what kind of Mode the community plays, and what items can be used.

Modes:
50cc Race
100cc Race
150cc Race
Mirror Race
Balloon Battle
Coin Runners

Items:
All Items
Shells Only
Bananas Only
Mushrooms Only
Bob-ombs Only
None

Finally, you can make a message to share with the community. This message must also be 16 characters or less. This is basically just a little description of the Community that sits at the bottom of the Community page.

Now, I wouldn't mind creating the Community myself, but I don't feel I should be deciding these things all by myself, especially which rules the community follows. So I would like to hear everyone's opinion.

However, I do have my own opinion.
I think the Community should be called Forbidden Underwoods (The Forbidden Underwoods is too long), and the icon should be the Wood tire, because it's both fitting and silly. As for the rules, I think maybe, 100cc and All Items would be best; I'm really not sure about this one. I'm also not too sure about what the message should be; maybe something like, "Home to ACGV?"

Of course, we could always have multiple communities, one person can create up to eight and if for some reason we needed more than eight, someone else could host those.
If we were to have multiple communities, I'd suggest at least one 50cc or 100cc; 150cc or Mirror; Balloon Battle; and Coin Runner each. Perhaps for the 50/100cc Race community, all items would be allowed, and the 150cc or Mirror community would be a pro kind of setting and have no items? The Balloon Battle and Coin Runner modes should definitely use all items though.
Of course, if there are multiple communities, I'm not sure what they should be called. Perhaps something based on ACGV? Maybe have the Underwoods only represent the basic community and use other names for more specific communities?

EDIT: So the different cc types only affect the speed of the karts in community mode, so there might as well not be a separate, lower cc community. Unless someone can think of a good reason for it.

What say you? Feel free to chime in even if you don't have Mario Kart 7; you never know, you might get it in the future and want to join in on all the fun.

Last edited by Teresa on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hylian Squire

Post Re: A Forbidden Underwoods Community for Mario Kart 7. • Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:59 pm
This is a little interesting, you and I had the same exact opinion on name, race speed, and items, I like the wooden wheel, but my personal preference is the leaf (I also don't have that icon available yet, as I do not own that wheel yet :P). Anyway, I like the message you left. As for battle modes, I would rather have shells rather than all of the others, mushrooms might be fun for Balloon battle, though. d:=>D

Finally! :onfire:
*Fizzle* *Navi*!

Hylian Squire

Post Re: A Forbidden Underwoods Community for Mario Kart 7. • Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm
Since I just obtained Mario Kart 7, I think I'll chime in.

Having a community is a great idea. I have no preference for the icon. I think 100cc with all items would be best, it's pretty much middle ground- not too slow and not too fast (for those of us who are just getting started. :P). If there are more communities created, than a no item version on the higher speeds would be a fun challenge. "Forbidden Underwoods" is probably the best bet for a name, or maybe something about ACGV. The message should say something about ACGV or the Forbidden Underwoods, depending on which is used for the name itself.

So all I've done is pretty much reiterate what Anastas has already said.

Banned

Post Re: A Forbidden Underwoods Community for Mario Kart 7. • Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am
Forbidden Underwoods:
48-3269-8426-6954

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]